Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

His movement off the ball is great. He puts himself into positions to get chances/goals. I do not worry about him missing chances. 

His link up play is at times brilliant. Some lovely layoffs and flick ons. He wins quit a few high balls and holds the ball up well.

He works extremely hard defensively. 

He'll grow from here. Highly rated!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, KMitch said:

With our owners?  40 mil will be a drop in the bucket, if we go up.  It'll be a signal of intent to the rest of the league that we aren't messing about and this isn't Randy's Villa that they remember.

A signal of intent? I don’t think the big boys in the league will care less. Fulham went out and spent over £100m this summer, teams are hardly scared of them.

I’m glad Tammy got a goal, but hopefully he becomes more clinical soon.

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

Should have had a hat trick today, really needs to work on his finishing. Was so happy when we signed him but if I'm brutally honest I thought he was much better than he's shown so far for us.

Yes he's scoring goals sporadically but to be honest in this set up under Dean Smith with the one striker and the number of chances being created for that striker its hard not to be scoring. A proper finisher in this team would break all sorts of records. I can see why Hogan scored so many for Brentford now but couldn't hit a barn door under Bruce. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KMitch said:

With our owners?  40 mil will be a drop in the bucket, if we go up.  It'll be a signal of intent to the rest of the league that we aren't messing about and this isn't Randy's Villa that they remember.

I'd question the sanity of anyone that paid £40m for this kid. He'll be a big player for us this year but a £40m player he isn't. I can think of 2/3 better strikers in the championship let alone the premier league. 

Edited by av1

15 minutes ago, av1 said:

I'd question the sanity of anyone that paid £40m for this kid. He'll be a big player for us this year but a £40m player he isn't. I can think of 2/3 better strikers in the championship let alone the premier league. 

Who?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, av1 said:

Of the top of my head I'd take Grabban, Rodriguez, and Gayle ahead him.

I suppose it depends what the discussion is here. You just named three guys who are 30ish, been in their prime and had ok careers at a variety of medium sized clubs as a comparison with a 21-year-old who has already played for England and is owned by Chelsea.

Without even necessarily disagreeing that they might score more goals this season, it’s an odd comparison if we are thinking of what a player is worth in terms of transfer fees and what they are likely to achieve in the next few years.

14 minutes ago, av1 said:

Of the top of my head I'd take Grabban, Rodriguez, and Gayle ahead him.

Don't really know much about Rodriguez, but I've seen enough of Abraham to know he has a far higher ceiling than the other 2, and even if they were all 21 now I'd still value him higher. In saying that the only league in the world he's worth anywhere near £40m is the PL where fees are ridiculous, and even then its a real stretch.

To the sort of clubs he'd attract he'd be more the £25m mark I think, as he's not really good enough for the top 6 who can afford to pay more than that based on his potential

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

I suppose it depends what the discussion is here. You just named three guys who are 30ish, been in their prime and had ok careers at a variety of medium sized clubs as a comparison with a 21-year-old who has already played for England and is owned by Chelsea.

He will never make it at Chelsea imo. 

2 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Without even necessarily disagreeing that they might score more goals this season, it’s an odd comparison if we are thinking of what a player is worth in terms of transfer fees and what they are likely to achieve in the next few years.

Agreed, he age means he would command a higher fee, I'm simply of the opinion that £40m for kid is bonkers. He has potential, but there is also an awful lot of flaws. His first touch is atrocious and his finishing at times is awful. 

Putting aside age, the fact that those 3 journeyman strikers are currently better than him (imo) suggests that he is a long, long way from justifying a £40m price tag. 

I'm pretty sure he'll go back to Chelsea and we'll sit here reminisce that one season the great striker Tammy Abraham played for us. And how we were a part of his journey towards becoming one of the top strikers in the premier league. 

1 minute ago, weedman said:

Don't really know much about Rodriguez, but I've seen enough of Abraham to know he has a far higher ceiling than the other 2, and even if they were all 21 now I'd still value him higher. In saying that the only league in the world he's worth anywhere near £40m is the PL where fees are ridiculous, and even then its a real stretch.

To the sort of clubs he'd attract he'd be more the £25m mark I think, as he's not really good enough for the top 6 who can afford to pay more than that based on his potential

Agreed. My posts sound hyper critical, but there are things i like about the kid and think he'll be a big player this year, my posts are just referring to this ludicrous figure of £40m that seems to be banded about. 

He's not a great finisher to be honest, I always feel with footballers that once you get to 21-22, things like finishing don't really improve too much from then on. Though, he gets himself in good positions and has a good all-round game. If he was a better finisher, he wouldn't be playing in the Championship. Not really sure where his ceiling is, but I don't think he's destined for a top 6-8 club.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, bobzy said:

I mean, it really is. A striker that just misses is a poor striker. 

Thankfully, he scored too!

Andy Cole for example missed many chances but scored a lot too. All depends on character of player

• Like 1

He’s already scored 20+ goals in a season for Bristol City at this level. I think we can all agree he has flaws to iron out and needs to improve... that’s why he’s out on loan to a Championship club. Whether with Chelsea or someone else he will have a very good Premier League career.

• Like 1

I love his desire, his workrate, his passion, his love of our club etc. He's a talent for sure and seems to have a bit of everything - pace, height, skill, awareness, good work ethic. His finishing can be improved upon and his frame will fill out as he ages. A better first touch can be worked on too. 

Tammy Abraham is nowhere near a complete player yet - the best of him is yet to come. Imagine the player he'll be then! 

PS: "traveling fans get back safe" = very mature and classy! Nice touch that. 

Edited by villarocker

Â