Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

What is it you find so shocking?

People talk about Bruce playing players where he's playing them as if he just picks them out of a hat. People do realise why he's doing it don't they?

Hutton is picked at LB because he showed last season he's by far our best option there.
Jedinak is picked at CB because he's our best option there (excluding Chester). This is a problem, more on that later.
Tuanzebe is picked at RB because it's worth the sacrifice to get Hutton at LB and keep the dreadful Taylor out of the team.

Long term I expect that Elmo will slot back in at RB, given the wingers we're signing he'll no longer be needed there, and we'll have RDL and Axel (and hutton with a shuffle) as backup which is good enough for that position.
Tuanzebe, if he's as good as people say he is, will eventually take the CB spot, although we'll still be too light in that area.
Hutton will continue at LB, unless we sign Targett.

So there IS a problem, and I DO blame Bruce. But it's not that we are playing players out of position, it's that we haven't signed anyone to replace Terry and we haven't signed anyone to be an adequate backup (Tuanzebe's ability depending)

We're also light at left back, but with what happened with Bryan and the link to Targett then we're clearly trying to address that.

Bruce has his faults, like I always say, but people seem to think he's some window licking moron who has no idea what he's doing.

I'm not really a Bruce fan, but I do tend to agree. Bruce also does have a set of backroom staff which aid him. Unless he is some kind of dictator, it is unlikely that between them they have no clue what they are doing, especially considering we got 90-odd points last season.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

I'm not really a Bruce fan, but I do tend to agree. Bruce also does have a set of backroom staff which aid him. Unless he is some kind of dictator, it is unlikely that between them they have no clue what they are doing, especially considering we got 90-odd points last season.

90 odd points you say!

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Got excited when I saw there was lots of posts in this thread. Until I realised most were about Bruce being shit.

Other than that fingers crossed for Tammy coming in. Great signing imo 

Most posts in most threads are about Bruce being shit, whatever the supposed topic. 

Wish they would stay in their own compound.

Has the Abraham link gone cold? Nothing new on it for 24 hours it seems.

A team with bolaise Abraham and chester is premier league quality. Bruce woukd have absolutely no excuses for delivering top 6 this year if these deals happen. 

I think we need a defender badly so it try pickup a free or make bunn no 2 in some games in place of moreia 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

A team with bolaise Abraham and chester is premier league quality. Bruce woukd have absolutely no excuses for delivering top 6 this year if these deals happen. 

I think we need a defender badly so it try pickup a free or make bunn no 2 in some games in place of moreia 

With that team he should be making top 2. Agree the defence is suspect, but that might be a free coming in instead. 

47 minutes ago, briny_ear said:
23 hours ago, chrisvilla4 said:

in. Great signing imo 

Most posts in most threads are about Bruce being shit, whatever the supposed topic. 

If only he wasn't so shit.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

probably why the 2 have gone quiet.

just kidding.

I will believe this one when he's holding our shirt with the ink dry on his contract. I suspect he will stick around the Kings Road if Chelsea don't kick him out the door. If Brucie pulls this move off it will be a real coup for him and a big boost to our promotion hopes. Hoping this happens. 

This would be a very good signing if it come off.

However, people stating that it would be a guaranteed top 6, should be pushing for top 2 etc, are missing the glaring hole known as our defence. I think if we signed Messi and Ronaldo we would struggle for the top 2 because we have an abysmal goalkeeper, no natural left back of any quality and just one centre back in the squad who is up to the task.

I am pleased we are after a striker as we really need one, but the defence will be our undoing this year.

14 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

A CB is key imo. Chester gets injured and it'sElphick and Jedinak. I don't care how good the attack is, you don't get outof this league with those 2 a CB. 

Given that we've lost Terry, and the Bruce is shall we say a pragmatic manager, it's strange that we don't seem to have been linked with any center halves. 

22 minutes ago, av1 said:

A CB is key imo. Chester gets injured and it'sElphick and Jedinak. I don't care how good the attack is, you don't get outof this league with those 2 a CB. 

Given that we've lost Terry, and the Bruce is shall we say a pragmatic manager, it's strange that we don't seem to have been linked with any center halves. 

I agree. It would be very poor planning from the club. I think we should try get terry or huth one of those two are better than jedinak and elphick

Â