Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

May have done the double over West Brom this season if Tammy took his chances.

He’s usually very clinical at this level, I disagree with others in this thread, I think his hold up play is great, his touch is great, he’s strong in the air, he’s just the complete striker at this level

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s usually very clinical at this level, I disagree with others in this thread, I think his hold up play is great, his touch is great, he’s strong in the air, he’s just the complete striker at this level

He's a good enough player but its blatantly obvious why he wouldn't make it in the Premiership. He has a habit of hitting the ball at the keeper and he is strong in the air but his headers are very hit and miss, generally more miss, unless he is a couple of feet away from the line. 

There is a story on Sky for the race for golden boot for the Championship. It shows Tammy's issue, he has a conversion rate of 25% of shots on target. He also has the joint third highest of shots on goal. This mainly shows his movement is Premiership level and his finishing is mid table Championship level. Probably just where we are right now and also where Bristol City were when he played for them. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Merson08 said:

He's a good enough player but its blatantly obvious why he wouldn't make it in the Premiership. He has a habit of hitting the ball at the keeper and he is strong in the air but his headers are very hit and miss, generally more miss, unless he is a couple of feet away from the line. 

There is a story on Sky for the race for golden boot for the Championship. It shows Tammy's issue, he has a conversion rate of 25% of shots on target. He also has the joint third highest of shots on goal. This mainly shows his movement is Premiership level and his finishing is mid table Championship level. Probably just where we are right now and also where Bristol City were when he played for them. 

I agree with you, well phrased 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Merson08 said:

I don’t agree with the last part, last season we didn’t have anyone as good as Tammy yet we’ve done well with all the team. No matter how good you are, its not that he’s not scoring, he is but we are conceding more. He might not make at top PL teams, but he would definitely have a good chance with midtable or even some top half team up there.

6 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

May have done the double over West Brom this season if Tammy took his chances.

He does waste alot, needs alot his way too and he will find the net, he's like a vulture that feeds off the scraps of chances, those chances were not there at West Brom.

A poor midfield is letting Tammy down and it needs to be resolved, unfortunately there are only two to three players I think can do that, which is Mcginn,  Grealish and Ramsey.

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Tammy's looked to me like someone who made a really bad decision and is now counting the cost of it recently........

Well my cousin who is a wolves fan said it's a Shame they didn't get him, then his mates are saying to him are you mad I told you how rubbish he is, like there expectations have flown up a mile all because they are in the premiere..

Edited by Dave-R

2 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Yep, I don't get why he stayed...

He will have a wider range of options come the summer than just Wolves I'd have thought, plus he probably did think we were still in with a chance of going up, then perhaps joining permanently.  He does seem to like it here and he would definitely have been our number one choice striker.  But that's life I suppose, shit happens.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dave-R said:

He does waste alot, needs alot his way too and he will find the net, he's like a vulture that feeds off the scraps of chances, those chances were not there at West Brom.

A poor midfield is letting Tammy down and it needs to be resolved, unfortunately there are only two to three players I think can do that, which is Mcginn,  Grealish and Ramsey.

He had 2 sitters.

9 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

Will be loaned out again, not sold, I think. May actually benefit us. 

Morata is gone for 18 months, Giroud can barely move and Higuain is only on 6 month loan

Tammy is about to jump the queue

• Like 3

Â