Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

We've waited all these years for a striker to hit 20 league goals and he's going to absolutely smash that target into next century. 

It's bonkers.  

We've had so so many woeful strikers down the years. 

Even the really great players of the 90s moving on to Benteke who had a wonderful season  not done it. He's going to go way way beyond. 

Pongo Abraham 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Obviously you have to control for level, what the likes of Yorke and Benteke did in the premier league is a better achievement than what Abraham's doing at this level. 

Aside from that, at this rate Tammy could well be hitting 30+. Just a shame that we have a goalscorer like this but are such a mess in other positions. Some smarter purchases in defence and midfield would have given us a genuine automatic promotion calibre side.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

I think he'd come on loan again if we went up.

He's still, even with our crap form, getting loads of chances a game. He must be loving the sights on goal he gets. It's good work from him and something about the way we setup that fits.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Obviously you have to control for level, what the likes of Yorke and Benteke did in the premier league is a better achievement than what Abraham's doing at this level. 

Aside from that, at this rate Tammy could well be hitting 30+. Just a shame that we have a goalscorer like this but are such a mess in other positions. Some smarter purchases in defence and midfield would have given us a genuine automatic promotion calibre side.

True. We can still do it the hard way though.

He's evolving, not just the goals his all round play. He works so hard for the team, he chasea deep lying midfielders down, he's excellent at defending corners and he's starting to link up the ball much better. I love his attitude, when he leaves he will get all the best wishes as he's too good for us down here unless we somehow get promoted. I hope he leaves Chelsea too he's too good for their bench. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

He's evolving, not just the goals his all round play. He works so hard for the team, he chasea deep lying midfielders down, he's excellent at defending corners and he's starting to link up the ball much better. I love his attitude, when he leaves he will get all the best wishes as he's too good for us down here unless we somehow get promoted. I hope he leaves Chelsea too he's too good for their bench. 

Before yesterday I did not realise what quick feet he has. Some of his close control and passing was brilliant

• Like 1

I can’t get excited about him banging in the goals. This is why I don’t like loans. You love them then they leave you. Just like Snodgrass. I’m obviously thrilled he’s banging them in but I’d be getting way more excited about his form if I didn’t know he’d be a distant memory in 6 months’ time.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I can’t get excited about him banging in the goals. This is why I don’t like loans. You love them then they leave you. Just like Snodgrass. I’m obviously thrilled he’s banging them in but I’d be getting way more excited about his form if I didn’t know he’d be a distant memory in 6 months’ time.

I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

- Alfred Lord Tennyson

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Spoony said:

loan or not doesn't matter. If any club in the championship has a player banging in 20+ goals they will be getting sold whether you want them to or not

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

He played an excuisite crossfield ball yesterday straight to the feet of (Adomah?) who of course made a hash of it. 

Real vision, pure class. 

• Like 1

The leagues top scorer last season was Vydra, he scored 21 goals. Shows how impressive Abraham’s haul has been in just 23 games  

The last player, and only player since the league turned into ‘The Championship’ in 2004 to score 30 league goals was Glenn Murray for Palace in 12-13. 

Theres a few who scored 27 and 28, like Ricky Lambert and our very own flying Scotsmen from his Leeds days. 

Hopefully Tammy can surpass these if he continues his form. 

On 23/01/2019 at 07:53, wilko154 said:

The idea that he didn't score many in the Premier League with Swansea shouldn't be used, if you are in a team that doesn't create chances for you then you won't score. Tammy's shots per game for Swansea were only 1.4, he managed 5 goals in 1721 games. But if you are only getting 1 chance a game it significantly decreases the likelihood of scoring.

The new Emile Heskey.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Don't think we have had a 20 goal season man in the league since we won the league. Ok its a level below but he is on his way to double that if he keeps going like he is. Hes got to be a top Premier League player and future England striker

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Don't think we have had a 20 goal season man in the league since we won the league. Ok its a level below but he is on his way to double that if he keeps going like he is. Hes got to be a top Premier League player and future England striker

He played for England twice already, many more to come I think

On 27/01/2019 at 12:58, Spoony said:

He’s still loved at Bristol City. Always in the right place for tap ins and a brilliant attitude. Nice lad.

• Like 1

Â