Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

He’s a fabulous striker, in my opinion, he’s good enough to play for Chelsea, he’s that good. He’s a brilliant finisher, makes it look so easy, not only that but he has the all round game to go with it. Also, in interviews, he comes across as being humble. He’s just got a bit of everything, he’s strong in the air, he’s tall, got good touch, can bring others in to play, great finisher. He’s easily a Premier League striker I think

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s a fabulous striker, in my opinion, he’s good enough to play for Chelsea, he’s that good. He’s a brilliant finisher, makes it look so easy, not only that but he has the all round game to go with it. Also, in interviews, he comes across as being humble. He’s just got a bit of everything, he’s strong in the air, he’s tall, got good touch, can bring others in to play, great finisher. He’s easily a Premier League striker I think

Wouldn't say he's a brilliant finisher, he's missed a lot for us. His movement and all round game play mean that he finds plenty of chances... The fact that he isn't so clinical is the one thing that will hold him back if he doesn't improve on that. 

1 hour ago, Dale said:

Wouldn't say he's a brilliant finisher, he's missed a lot for us. His movement and all round game play mean that he finds plenty of chances... The fact that he isn't so clinical is the one thing that will hold him back if he doesn't improve on that. 

In a top team he would get enough chances to still have the possibility of bagging a hat trick every game!

He's actually everything that Chelsea need right now. A tall, athletic focal point to finish off their attacks. Thankfully they can't see that! 

Edited by villarocker
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, villarocker said:

In a top team he would get enough chances to still have the possibility of bagging a hat trick every game!

He's actually everything that Chelsea need right now. A tall, athletic focal point to finish off their attacks. Thankfully they can't see that! 

Indeed... But its also why he didn't score so much for Swansea. It's the Danny Welbeck (or possibly even the Andy Cole) issue. 

2 minutes ago, Dale said:

Indeed... But its also why he didn't score so much for Swansea. It's the Danny Welbeck (or possibly even the Andy Cole) issue. 

He is more Andy Cole than Danny Welbeck. He has probably the same amount of career league goals as Welbeck but about 10 years younger

• Haha 1

Been having a look at some history today - in terms of players that only played one season for us, the player that scored most goals was Harold Halse who got 28 in 1912-13 before joining Chelsea. 21 of those were league goals.

Abraham is on to challenge both of those totals (before joining Chelsea).

• Like 1

On 19/01/2019 at 14:16, chappy said:

He’s fantastic. I know a lot of fans have decided we need another season to stabilise... but I want us in those play offs and going up and signing Tammy in the summer.

Him Grealish and McGinn. Even if we are relegation fodder next season it'd be worth it.

• Like 1

At what point does it become counter productive starting Tammy ahead of strikers we own? Whilst theirs a sniff of top 6 then he’s got to play, but surely when we’ve given up on it, we’ve got to try and get Hogan, Kodjia and Kienan Davis some game time?

1 hour ago, nnock1984 said:

At what point does it become counter productive starting Tammy ahead of strikers we own? Whilst theirs a sniff of top 6 then he’s got to play, but surely when we’ve given up on it, we’ve got to try and get Hogan, Kodjia and Kienan Davis some game time?

Think we need to play into form before we start thinking of fine tuning.

To do that we need him on the pitch!

1 hour ago, nnock1984 said:

I think the moment playoffs are out of the question I would start giving Davis and Hogan time on the pitch. The issue with this is the league is so tight that the playoffs might never be fully out of reach. 

Also, you have to consider we are a very good team on our day, so if we were to sneak into the playoffs we would have every chance of going up. 

24 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

When was the last time we had a player leading the top goal scorers table? Genuinely don’t think I’ve seen it happen.

Grabban was leading it at times last season, although not sure it counts as a load of his goals were for Sunderland.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Grabban was leading it at times last season, although not sure it counts as a load of his goals were for Sunderland.

Yeah I did think about Grabban but discounted him for that reason.

We’ve had goalscorers near the top since I’ve been following them - Saunders, Yorke, Angel. But I can’t remember any of them looking like the favourite to finish as the league’s top scorer.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nnock1984 said:

Never.

14 hours ago, nnock1984 said:

When you have him at 20/1 to be the championship top scorer, it’s obviously never 

• Haha 1

On 20/01/2019 at 08:35, Dale said:

This is actually a bit of a myth that seems to be going around Villa fans this season. Maybe to try and reason with the idea that we aren't winning games...

Abraham's current shots per game are 3.1, in the 1884 minutes he has played he has scored 17 goals.

The Premier League top goalscorer is Mo Salah with current shots per game of 3.2, in the 1940 minutes he has played he has scored 16 goals.

Second top goalscorer in the Championship is Neal Maupay with current shots per game of 3.2, in the 2225 minutes he has played he has scored 16 goals.

The idea that he didn't score many in the Premier League with Swansea shouldn't be used, if you are in a team that doesn't create chances for you then you won't score. Tammy's shots per game for Swansea were only 1.4, he managed 5 goals in 1721 games. But if you are only getting 1 chance a game it significantly decreases the likelihood of scoring.

• Like 1

On 21/01/2019 at 22:23, a m ole said:

Can we just take a minute to remember him running into left back in the last game to give a lesson on how to defend out wide?

Does his job and then some, we’re lucky he stayed.

He did this against Leeds as well. Just before Elmo cost us the point.

Want to succeed, so tries hard.

Not an alien concept, but you wouldn't know it watching most of our team.

23 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Yeah I did think about Grabban but discounted him for that reason.

We’ve had goalscorers near the top since I’ve been following them - Saunders, Yorke, Angel. But I can’t remember any of them looking like the favourite to finish as the league’s top scorer.

I’d guess Benteke possibly got close one season? I mean, “close” being like 8 goals off or something...

• Haha 1

Â