Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

7 hours ago, TRO said:

I think our team is missing a bit of that...within reason.

don't condone stamping though.

You might call me old fashioned TRO - but just imagine what the likes of Andy, Peter Withe and more recently Dion think of his antics 

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Is that the same Dion that headbutted an opponent?  

Of course - as if your worried by who the victim was ? But seriously everyone sees the red mist at some point.

Dion wasn't a serial diver, moaner, thug, all round bad egg was he?

1 minute ago, Dave J said:

Of course - as if your worried by who the victim was ? But seriously everyone sees the red mist at some point.

Dion wasn't a serial diver, moaner, thug, all round bad egg was he?

He wasn’t to be fair. Is Maupay really that bad? You lot are making him sound like Joey Barton. 

He wasn’t to be fair. Is Maupay really that bad? You lot are making him sound like Joey Barton. 

Sorry no - he's just not my cup of tea that's all and I don't have any desire for us to sign him.

If we do - I'll give him a chance to prove leopards can change their spots 👍🏻

Ha! I must be only person in the world that likes Robbie Savage. I think he’s a funny guy.

I actually think he's OK these days, still a bit of a knob, but I get the impression most of that is to wind people up so they call in or engage on social media etc. 

Back in his playing days was another story however and he definately earned that headbutt 

42 minutes ago, weedman said:

I actually think he's OK these days, still a bit of a knob, but I get the impression most of that is to wind people up so they call in or engage on social media etc. 

Back in his playing days was another story however and he definately earned that headbutt 

He has actually made a fantastic life for him and his family whilst being bang average - I did read somewhere of  his charitable acts and for this - I say fair play to you Robbie.

• Like 2

So Tammy talk then. A broad look at his stats - 

16 goals in 20 appearances - scoring in 12 of them.

13 goals in the 14 games under Smith - scoring in 9 of them.

Assuming he’s here for the rest of the season (fingers crossed) and he plays the remaining 20 games, what total are we realistically looking at?

Looking at his current rate of scoring in nearly two thirds of games under Smith, 30 goals seems like it might actually be achievable. Seeing a Villa player score 30 goals in a single season would be a first for me.

Could be wrong but the highest I can recall since I’ve been following them in the early 90’s, would be Yorke in 95-96, with 25 in all competitions.

• Like 2

Another 14 goals in 20 games seems like a big ask, but you'd hope we'd be improving towards the end of the season. And we'll be playing worse teams than we have so far under Smith. It's not out of the question if he stays fit. I'll be sticking a fiver on him scoring, every game. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Another 14 goals in 20 games seems like a big ask, but you'd hope we'd be improving towards the end of the season. And we'll be playing worse teams than we have so far under Smith. It's not out of the question if he stays fit. I'll be sticking a fiver on him scoring, every game. 

It does seem a lot, I was a bit hesitant in suggesting 30 goals.

But as you say, we will hopefully improve, largely playing either opposition we haven’t faced under Smith or teams that Tammy has previously scored against.

Another 14 in 20 is a big ask, but he’s just done 16 in 20 so it’s a high, but achievable target.

Â