Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He did for Brentford and that has proven be a flash in the pan. I wouldnt be paying anything like 15m for Maupay for a simikar reason. 

Still unproven

I think the two of them are completely different, hogan just doesnt have that spark in him that maupay has, maupay has attitude and hunger.

19 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I would agree with you, but we have already paid 7 mill for a keeper, wouldn't surprise me if we would be willing to pay that. If purslow can find a way he will bring him in if it's to say he fits the bill I believe.

He has a very good scoring record rite? 15 this season, 27 total at brentford, 11 before that at Brest on loan, he's getting there and will only get better. At villa we have the staff to train him, make him even better as a player, he could be the future of what we need.

Off course if you have any other ideas I'm all hears as to who we could get, can't see forest selling Grabban now, they mite command that much for him also or slightly less.

Won't be long before championship players set a light in terms of transaction prices, we may see maupay as the first to sell for 15.8million. 

The reported fee is 5m eith some add one. A huge difference for 16m that brentford are reporting looking for. With the ffp situation as it is I cannot see us spending big on any other player. I think Smith will look at bargains now maybe abroad or lose leagues.

I personally don't think Tammy is going now until the summer. I respect him as none of us would have seen this coming

In response to your other suggestions- may I politely remind you we are no longer under bruce Who signs 12m flops like Hogan, and shit like Taylor and Elmo. Smith has the cv to backup he knows how to find players on the cheap. Jota he got for peanuts and sold him off to blose for 6m. Also maupay, vibe, woods etc. Smith couldn't stop those leaving for a bigger club in championship. However at villa he is in one of the biggest. Unless a premier league club want one of our players for stupid money we don't have to worry.

I think Smith will bring us a exciting team that we have been crying out for in the next 18 months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

May I politely suggest you do a little reading on this guy - he's already got himself a reputation not to be proud of.

If you like him - that's perfectly ok - he's just not my cup of tea to be truthful with you 👍🏻

Apart from the stamp I can only find the article where he riled up Monk.  I like him even more now :)

I think he is one of those players that you hate playing against but like on your team. Like a Costa type of player.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

I myself recall some weeks ago trying to throw a benteke name into the hat, i got shut down very quickly in here, which is why i find it funny. 

I can't see Benteke being any worse than Hogan or kodjia. I think I'd take my chances with him over those two, but then again I would much rather play RHM or davies than Benteke and bring those two youngster through and try and fast track them as quick as possible.

I just don't see the fascination over Benteke Dave.

He has that one magnificent season with us, nakered his metatarsal and he has not been the same since.

Liverpool - Flop

Crystal Palace - Flop.

Plus, we were just a 'stepping stone' for him in his quest to get to Arsenal.

It's a no from me. The player is finished imo.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

New info is that Crystal palace have joined the race for Tammy, even if true they are 6 points off bottom and can't see that appealing for Tammy in the slightest. Palace have scored 19 out of 21 but who knows with all this craziness going on.

Bring maupay In and pay the 15.8 mill, when Tammy does go in half a season unless we sign him if we go up, we will need a new striker anyway. If not we have Maupay next season for the championship or premiere its an investment and a worthwhile one in my eyes.

says the mirror...nothing to see here

11 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Why though? How is he different to how Grealish was?

Because he stamps, elbows, handballs and dives - and has done so in various games this season. I’m assuming you’re only remembering (or have only seen) the stamp on McGinn because you watch Villa games. 

There's absolutely no chance of Benteke coming back here.

a) Crystal Palace are desperate to get him back from injury.

b) He's not worth the gamble, he's not a good striker anymore whether that's down to confidence or the injuries. He's not the type of player we need to be getting in, we've been a nursing home for the old & struggling for long enough.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dave J said:

May I politely suggest you do a little reading on this guy - he's already got himself a reputation not to be proud of.

If you like him - that's perfectly ok - he's just not my cup of tea to be truthful with you 👍🏻

I think our team is missing a bit of that...within reason.

don't condone stamping though.

2 hours ago, The Hawk said:

That’s a ridiculously harsh statement. There’s a big difference between attitude and ability.

Maupay is a more dynamic player yes, but to question Hogan’s hunger (a guy who has worked his way up from factory jobs and playing in the lower leagues whilst battling often career ending injuries) is harsh. 

Hogan may not have as successful a career as Maupay might but I wouldn’t put that down to a poor attitude and hunger.

I think that's fair and I don't see Maupay as the player some are characterising his as in here. Hogan is a more accomplished finisher (or rather was in his Brentford days) and Maupay is a scrapper whose work-rate creates chances. 

Anyway, this is the Tammy thread so these discussions should probably be elsewhere.

Tammy's contribution has just highlighted the shortfall we have in the team elsewhere.

possibly best striker in the league and still 10th.

shows what a ****show of an effort we have made of defending.

ps like having your radiators on the roof.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, The Hawk said:

That’s a ridiculously harsh statement. There’s a big difference between attitude and ability.

Maupay is a more dynamic player yes, but to question Hogan’s hunger (a guy who has worked his way up from factory jobs and playing in the lower leagues whilst battling often career ending injuries) is harsh. 

Hogan may not have as successful a career as Maupay might but I wouldn’t put that down to a poor attitude and hunger.

If what you say is true about Hogan and hunger being there then I would say where is it because we have not been seeing it. The majority of our players hunger has been questionable at times compared to other players out there. I would say Grealish and Mcginn are hungry, every game they go out there and do there job and that of others too. I'm not saying attitude as in a bad attitude, but attitude as in he's too nice, we have to many nice players. As for ability i would say that is what is there for Hogan, he along with others it's there hunger that isn't there. It is like they are not even bothered at times and that is nothing to do with how they got to our club or what a player went through to get here. Some players are content it seems with how things are and so it seems it affects how they are playing rite now for us and have been playing and it isn't happening when they come on.

Edited by Dave-R

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I just don't see the fascination over Benteke Dave.

He has that one magnificent season with us, nakered his metatarsal and he has not been the same since.

Liverpool - Flop

Crystal Palace - Flop.

Plus, we were just a 'stepping stone' for him in his quest to get to Arsenal.

It's a no from me. The player is finished imo.

I can completely see where you are coming from Rigo, it does sound about rite, he did jump at the chance to move on as soon as he could and never looked back did he??

I am not liking the vibe surrounding Tammy seems like his camp are touting him around.

Think we should move on without him, despite the loss.

We have to build a team of players who want to be at Villa....I think he has soured the relationship.

No more loans without buy back clauses.

its becoming a circus.

Edited by TRO

Â