Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

If the reported 25m asking price is what Chelsea want for Tammy I think we should pay it. If we go up, Even if we go down he will bring us straight back up. 

Edited by Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If the reported 25m asking price is what Chelsea want for Tammy I think we should pay it. If we go up, Even if we go down he will bring us straight back up. 

Personally i wouldn't pay anywhere near 25m for him.

I habe no doubt that assuming we now how competent scouts and recruitment team, we could buy a player just as good for less than half that price.

It would be classic old villa to splurge 25m on a player like Abraham.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Personally i wouldn't pay anywhere near 25m for him.

I habe no doubt that assuming we now how competent scouts and recruitment team, we could buy a player just as good for less than half that price.

It would be classic old villa to splurge 25m on a player like Abraham.

Naaah, this is different. He is really good, and 25mil isn't much in the Premier League. I highly doubt we could get anyone as good for 20 mil from abroad, and then you don't know if they are gonna work out. Tammy is tried, tested and loved. 25mil is a fair price.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Naaah, this is different. He is really good, and 25mil isn't much in the Premier League. I highly doubt we could get anyone as good for 20 mil from abroad, and then you don't know if they are gonna work out. Tammy is tried, tested and loved. 25mil is a fair price.

It really isn't. He's a quality championship goalscorer. He isn't a proven premier league goalscorer though. In fact it's the opposite. He's young though, and might develop further. 

Sadly I don't think he'll make it on the highest level. Hope I'm wrong, because his attitude is stellar. I'd say 15M is fair price at the moment. 

1 hour ago, vreitti said:

It really isn't. He's a quality championship goalscorer. He isn't a proven premier league goalscorer though. In fact it's the opposite. He's young though, and might develop further. 

Sadly I don't think he'll make it on the highest level. Hope I'm wrong, because his attitude is stellar. I'd say 15M is fair price at the moment. 

Solanke with his 8 career goals went for 19million. We be laughed out of the room if bid 15 million

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vreitti said:

Solanke says hi!

8 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

😂 we mentioned the same striker at the same time!

Solanke has set the price now for average English strikers. Tammy has about 50 more career goals and is younger 

• Like 1

£25 m if we get promoted and stay up . He's not proven in the premier League as good as he is in the championship. Hope he's back for the playoffs , if Kodja gets injured were in the shit .

17 minutes ago, tinker said:

£25 m if we get promoted and stay up . He's not proven in the premier League as good as he is in the championship. Hope he's back for the playoffs , if Kodja gets injured were in the shit .

I think at Swansea they rarely created chances and was his 1st season at that level. He wont get as many chances as in this league but I think our style of play wont leave him starving in top flight

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Solanke with his 8 career goals went for 19million. We be laughed out of the room if bid 15 million

that makes them idiots for paying it, doesnt mean we have to be idiots also....

6 hours ago, Mic09 said:

there are probably handfuls of players we could get for 20m or less, who could do the same or better job, the Premiership is littered with this exact scenario:

Vardy - 1.5m

Callum Wilson - 3.5m

Richarlison - 13m (to Watford)

Lukaku - 15m (to Chelsea)

Arnautovic - 3m

Benteke - 7m (to Villa)

Suarez - 26.5m (to Liverpool from Ajax)

Granted some of these are semi historic, and i admit that Abraham has "potential", but he is unproven at Prem level, the same as any other foreign purchases we would make if we got promoted, and 25m+ is a lot to spend when you could buy 2-3 foreign players for similar money.

Im not saying buying Abraham wouldnt work out, im just saying its a lot for an unproven premiership player who actually misses a lot of chances, yes hes scored 25, but some of his misses are glaring, he wouldnt get half the amount of chances at Prem level so would need to up the conversion rate drastically.

Edited by MaVilla

I’m not on the board so I don’t know anything about our finances but I’d break the bank for Abraham, he’s been absolutely outstanding for us, he’s far too good for his level. I’d also make a case for him to be our player of the season

37 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

there are probably handfuls of players we could get for 20m or less, who could do the same or better job, the Premiership is littered with this exact scenario:

Vardy - 1.5m

Callum Wilson - 3.5m

Arnautovic - 3m

Benteke - 7m (to Villa)

Granted some of these are semi historic, and i admit that Abraham has "potential", but he is unproven at Prem level, the same as any other foreign purchases we would make if we got promoted, and 25m+ is a lot to spend when you could buy 2-3 foreign players for similar money.

Im not saying buying Abraham wouldnt work out, im just saying its a lot for an unproven premiership player who actually misses a lot of chances, yes hes scored 25, but some of his misses are glaring, he wouldnt get half the amount of chances at Prem level so would need to up the conversion rate drastically.

Examples like Suarez are just ignorant of inflation, Suarez at Ajax today would go for over £50m, the other examples flirt with reductio ad absurdum, relying on extreme examples. In general it's hard to find a good forward at premier league level, what we know is that Abraham is a very, very good player in the Championship and is still pretty damn young, he clearly has ability and will only improve. £25m in today's market really isn't a bad price for a very capable forward.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Vardy - 1.5m

Callum Wilson - 3.5m

Arnautovic - 3m

Benteke - 7m (to Villa)

Didn't realise it was that easy tbf. In that case and at that value we should sign at least 7 20 goal a season strikers next season. Why isn't everyone doing this?

(Don't tell Ole)

Love a bargain, me.

• Like 1

Reluctant to think about this in much detail as we don’t know what division we’ll be in.

But if we were in the premier league next season, my gut feeling is that it would be another loan. There’s a question mark over his ability in the top flight and as such his value. 

Chelsea get to see him play against the top teams at a club he’s settled at. If he was a success at Villa (say 15 or so goals), then that would bump his price up, but I’d be happier spending £40m on a striker capable of scoring regularly in the top flight than £25m on one whom we’re not 100% sure on. To me it would appear to be the best option for all concerned.

In the meantime, please hurry back soon Tammy and help make this debate a reality!

• Like 1

Â