Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

4 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Tammy was good today, even if he didn't manage to score. I really hope he's able to come back in two weeks since Kodjia is abyssmal.

As is your spelling 😜

• Haha 2

Reassuring that as Tammy’s goals dry we’ve found goals from elsewhere and performances haven’t don’t dipped.  Hopefully he will soon be back on the trail and help fire us to top 6 six . 

On 15/03/2019 at 22:55, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’ll get a rest after tomorrow.  Plus he played 20 minutes less than usual Wednesday. Every little helps.

2 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Needs these 2 weeks off desperately 

3 hours ago, S-Platt said:

2 week break will do him good i think.

You guys realise he's been called up for the England U21s right?

13 minutes ago, LondonVillian said:

Reports suggested he might be recalled because of the injury - hopefully tabloid bollox

I don't think it's recalled just for treatment for the injury- similar to axel

15 minutes ago, LondonVillian said:

Reports suggested he might be recalled because of the injury - hopefully tabloid bollox

I am sure Chelsea only had recall option in January unless his injury is season ending

• Like 1

Video interview on Sky Sports this morning showing him saying he still thinks he has the ability to play for Chelsea and his aim is to go back there in the Summer. He’s just waiting for his chance and then he needs to grab it with both hands.

While this should come as no surprise, a few things we learn from this -

1) regardless of whether we get promoted, he isn’t planning on being here next year, and therefore we would need to plan accordingly.

2) he’s weakened the bargaining position of any team wanting to buy him, as he’s made clear that he wants to stay and fight for his place at Chelsea

3) I think it’s quite a silly interview to give in the grand scheme of things. He would have been better off saying that he always wanted to play in the top flight with Chelsea and he’s waiting for his chance, but he’s enjoyed his loan experiences elsewhere, and he’s just focussed on helping Villa go up in the Summer for now. By saying what he has, he’s risking putting in a poor performance and the fans accusing him of not caring as he’s going back to Chelsea in the summer anyway, something which hasn’t happened so far. He actually generated quite a bit of good will by staying quiet in January.

4) fans need their expectations to be realistic about what the intentions are of the loan players - Tammy and Mings being the two most important I think.

Edited by GeordieVillan
  • Like 1

On 16/03/2019 at 23:37, thabucks said:

Reassuring that as Tammy’s goals dry we’ve found goals from elsewhere and performances haven’t don’t dipped.  Hopefully he will soon be back on the trail and help fire us to top 6 six . 

I would say that a team who relies on just one player to score will struggle to mount a challenge for promotion. A team really needs a midfield who can bag them goal as well, there needs to be a fair amount of player in the starting eleven that at any time can find the net.

Come summer any players who leave this is what we really need to make sure we find, those who can score as well as play some lovely football Smith's way.

18 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

Video interview on Sky Sports this morning showing him saying he still thinks he has the ability to play for Chelsea and his aim is to go back there in the Summer. He’s just waiting for his chance and then he needs to grab it with both hands.

While this should come as no surprise, a few things we learn from this -

1) regardless of whether we get promoted, he isn’t planning on being here next year, and therefore we would need to plan accordingly.

2) he’s weakened the bargaining position of any team wanting to buy him, as he’s made clear that he wants to stay and fight for his place at Chelsea

3) I think it’s quite a silly interview to give in the grand scheme of things. He would have been better off saying that he always wanted to play in the top flight with Chelsea and he’s waiting for his chance, but he’s enjoyed his loan experiences elsewhere, and he’s just focussed on helping Villa go up in the Summer for now. By saying what he has, he’s risking putting in a poor performance and the fans accusing him of not caring as he’s going back to Chelsea in the summer anyway, something which hasn’t happened so far. He actually generated quite a bit of good will by staying quiet in January.

4) fans need their expectations to be realistic about what the intentions are of the loan players - Tammy and Mings being the two most important I think.

Chelsea have a two window transfer ban do they not, doesnt that mean that next season they can sell or buy???

I think the only club Tammy will be going to is ours for a loan, that's if Chelsea allow him to remain with us and he wants to be here longer.

If we can't grab him which I see no reason why we can't unless we don't go up, the  yes I agree we do need to plan accordingly. I keep saying I would love Maupay, lolley, Grabban, Snoddy at Villa, would cost an arm and a leg but think of lolley on the wing and those three attackers at our disposal it a a dream isn't it.

Time will tell on all this, he's enjoyed it here that's for sure.

Edited by Dave-R

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Every time I see this tweeters name I spit my drink out without fail. 🤣

It is one of my favourites too

happy shirley temple GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â