Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

Just now, bobzy said:

You have to try risks in attacking areas, though.

He keeps getting into good positions and will score shed loads this season.  However, he missed two sitters tonight and, ultimately, that has cost us.

You don’t HAVE to try a pass that absolutely isn’t on.

in fact, you really HAVE to NOT try it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

You have to try risks in attacking areas, though.

He keeps getting into good positions and will score shed loads this season.  However, he missed two sitters tonight and, ultimately, that has cost us.

I can only suggest you watch that "flick" again, a risky pass has some chance of getting through

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Junxs said:

It was one pass from that to their goal, it blatantly wasnt going to get through to Bolasie and everyone had pushed up.. there were plenty of other passes to play but he went for the most difficult one which wasn't even on.

... one pass, Hutton wins the ball back easily, has the ball, falls over, Tuanzebe isn't covering... you're making out like the pitch has just opened up for them.

Blaming Tammy for that goal is the mentality that has hindered English football for years, and makes your attacking talent play low-ambition football to avoid abuse.

Just now, KentVillan said:

... one pass, Hutton wins the ball back easily, has the ball, falls over, Tuanzebe isn't covering... you're making out like the pitch has just opened up for them.

Blaming Tammy for that goal is the mentality that has hindered English football for years, and makes your attacking talent play low-ambition football to avoid abuse.

I just think the pass isn't on when you weigh up the fact that we had nearly everyone in their box and he was miles off with it, looked showy but no end product to it...obviously. Don't blame him for that goal but he played a big part, pass just wasn't on. Taylor could of tracked Gayle better too.

His overall game is very good but his finishing at times is very poor. He'll no doubt be a very important player for us this season but as I've said before, I don't think this kid will ever be a regular for Chelsea. 

14 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

It was immediately before? They got his flick, launched it forward and scored. Others culpable for the defending obviously.

I agree it's good to try things around their box. Just frustrating as it was a really crap flick 😄 He waited for it and telegraphed it, before then miskicking it.

it was opposite end of the park, and Hutton had the ball under control in between the pass and the goal, and there was still a cross to deal with after that, and loads for the striker to do. Just watched it again, and it's 15 seconds from his flick to their goal, which is a long time for a single passage of play? You can comfortably run the length of the pitch in that time...

Abraham is getting blame in proportion to the outcome, not to the act itself. It was a very minor mistake.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Did well again to create chances.

You're not always gonna score in every single game, not even Ronaldo and Messi does that.

Blaming him for the defeat is ridicilous. Nyland is once again 100 % to blame

Agree with that apart from the last sentence.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

But he sure misses some sitters. I know that’s crazy to say considering how many he has scored. 

I thought the header just before half time against forest was as bad as it could get but that miss tonight in the second half  left all alone in the box took the biscuit. Miss of the season. No wonder Chelsea don't fancy him.  

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Did well again to create chances.

You're not always gonna score in every single game, not even Ronaldo and Messi does that.

Waaaaaaaaaay off the mark.

Nyland is PARTIALLY to blame for that goal.

Blame percentages for failing to win:

Abraham 10% 

Kodjia 5%

Hutton 5%

Nyland 10%

the officials 70%

• Like 2

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I'm sorry but coming out to collect a wicked ball where the opponent uses his hand to punch it out of yours is far more difficult than having an air shot when theres an empty net in front of you.

We were obviously watching different games anyway as you saw a defeat..

• Haha 1

Â