Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

I think Chelsea will spend a squillion quid on an international striker. 

Maybe if Tammy was doing what he's doing on loan at a Premier league club they would give him a whirl. But Chelsea won't see someone, even one of their own players, playing well in The Championship as the answer to their problems. 

If for example Scott Hogan had got 20 goals so far this season would you see a top 6 club trying to bring him in? I don't think so. 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I think Chelsea will spend a squillion quid on an international striker. 

Maybe if Tammy was doing what he's doing on loan at a Premier league club they would give him a whirl. But Chelsea won't see someone, even one of their own players, playing well in The Championship as the answer to their problems. 

If for example Scott Hogan had got 20 goals so far this season would you see a top 6 club trying to bring him in? I don't think so. 

Gonzalo Higuain feels like more of a fit for Chelsea than Tammy Abraham.  Especially with the Sarri connection.

34 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Gonzalo Higuain feels like more of a fit for Chelsea than Tammy Abraham.  Especially with the Sarri connection.

Off topic bit for the money they would have to pay I think higuain would be a terrible signing. 

I can't see Tammy being Chelsea first teamer again. Chelsea being the big club they are want to bring in stars that are taking the footballing stage,internet, news, tv by storm, they want there fans to see the next pele if you get what I'm trying to say.

Although Tammy is scoring, remember he was not even making the bench at chelsea. Chelsea know he's scoring and where he's scoring which doesn't mean Tammy is guarenteed to bring that form back into the first team at chelsea as nothing is 100% when moving on.

Personally I think Tammy is being wasted at chelsea, I think he's also starting to see that himself. When the talk of bringing Tammy to Villa park came up, the lad wasn't having any of it until he was advised to over and over, now his attitude has changed, id put a bet he would love to come here permanently.

Also think JT being at villa is helping Tammy make a decision on us, I think JT could be the decider which keeps Tammy at villa, they did have a close relationship at one point.

But yeah I think Chelsea are more likely to cash in on Tammy and bring someone new in who's taking center stage in the world of football. Tammy is scoring but he's only making the headlines for us and it's not as if the young lad is playing for a premiere side at the moment, hes scoring fir a championship side its a big difference but hes capable, very capable.

We will have to wait and see what happens with this, I see it as our owners would be crackers not to try and bring him to villa. If our owners were to bring Tammy here, the lad could cost anything from 30mill upwards. Chelsea however if they do want to bring someone really flashy in to for the fans to enjoy, they will also need the funding, given the new fifa rules coming in 2020, makes perfect sense to cash in on the likes of Tammy and Odoi and other stars they have.

The way I see it is unless Chelsea go and slash there club they will be breaking some rules, so they have too. Another thing is Chelsea need to stick within FFP and won't be able to go spend 100 mill and up on a striker. The only way for Chelsea to make a big move would be to sell what everyone around is calling there hoarding (the shed). If chelsea sell there (shed) of player's,  they not only bring in a sizeable money fund from there hoarded players, they are selling to meet fifa's new rules for 2020 and some lucky team get some real good talent. Chelsea have guarenteed bank because of there hoarded players which in turn is guarenteed wealth, then no FFP can be broken by them, there shrunk squad size has improved and they can be free to choose pretty much any player/players in the world to bring to Chelsea, in a way they have a win win scenario and would be crazy not to cash in on players to make the team they want.

I will say this, it's a perfect time too snag our loaners from premier teams, try too, we just have to do our best to make FFP as best we can mean time. Bringing Tammy to villa park permanent is vital to our plans for the future, we need a wonder kid and Tammy is it, Tammy and Odoi would be perfect for us in the championship or the premier.

I would love someone to ask our owners if it's possible to bring Tammy here Permanently or someone who can see the picture more clearly. As fans we just do not know our situation with FFP, so a little insight to see if it's possible would be lovely.

4 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Not sure we can afford him unfortunately. With or without the FFP nonsense.

His value right now is sky high and he has earnt that. Good for him.

Are you serious lol, of course our owners could afford him without FFP. You do know how much Wes and Nas have between them rite??

Nas also with his family are the richest Egyptian family in egypt, they have over 30 billion between them all.

Wes prob has around  3.3 billion dollars and Nas has even more 6.8 billion dollars which translates too around 5.2 billion great british pounds.

Yeah we can afford Tammy, God knows how many times over if the owners chose..

Would also like to add that we have Christian Purslow, God knows what he's done so far and what deals he has struck, but at Liverpool in the two years he was there secured more than 1 billion in funds with Nike, Yokohama, Hublot, Delta, Carabao, Beats, Hotel Tonight and Wipro. If he can be as useful at Villa as he was at Liverpool, he will make our club a fair bit of coinage..

There is also Jesus Garcia Pitarch, who turned athletic Madrid around, not to mention helped secure some very high profile signings at the club he was at.

We have two very successful guys at our club with a ton of experience who could help secure the likes of Tammy abraham. I personally don't think FFP is that much of an issue anymore if at all, The EFL wernt as tough with us as they were other teams  The EFL came in during the time we were under Xia and ritely so we were in deep water then having nearly gone bankrupt. Another thing would suggest if FFP was a factor we would of needed money in, the sale of Jack Grealish would of gone ahead regardless I think, yet it didn't and the owners said hands off. If FFP was a factor they would of gone and sold jack as he was the only player who at tbe time would of brought some cash in and injected some coin back onto our books.

Yeah I don't think FFP is a thing anymore at villa, but I would like the owners or Purslow to come out and state that. It's tough getting answers these days isn't it and leaves us fans questioning this stuff over and over.

Edited by Dave-R

4 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Yeah I don't think FFP is a thing anymore at villa, but I would like the owners or Purslow to come out and state that. It's tough getting answers these days isn't it and leaves us fans questioning this stuff over and over.

To be fair he has come out and said the club is adhering too it but it wouldn’t affect transfer activity.  I don’t think he can say anything beyond that really. 

Not like the past regime that constantly made it clear FFP was hindering them almost to the level of making excuses.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hippo said:

How much a downgrade would Keinan Davis be on Tammy 

For real?

An absolute massive downgrade on Tammy. Oceans seperate.

Davis did well when he came in last season for a few games. Tammy has now played over 100 games in the last 3 seasons. We talk of signing Tammy for £30-40 million. Davis value would be closer to £3-4 million. Thats the difference.

Yeah Davis, Murphy and Greene if he stays injury free could be ace in the future, that rests on whether we get promoted or stay in the championship though. Our young players need the experience of playing world class to become better experienced at there roles. It would be a big shame if we don't supply them premiere football in the next 1-3 years as they are our future.

Edited by Dave-R

14 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Had a mate who’s a Leeds fan texting me today saying about Tammy being recalled. Obviously scared of us coming for them. 

I of course told him I believe the paper story to be total b***ocks! Can’t wait to do them in a few weeks with Tammy on the scoresheet. 

Leeds fans seem to have a bit of a thing for us this season 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Merson08 said:

For real?

An absolute massive downgrade on Tammy. Oceans seperate.

Davis did well when he came in last season for a few games. Tammy has now played over 100 games in the last 3 seasons. We talk of signing Tammy for £30-40 million. Davis value would be closer to £3-4 million. Thats the difference.

Don't forget the difference in Tammy - under Bruce - then under Smith - quite an improvement - maybe Davis will improve to a similar extent under Smith.

Edited by hippo

All of this talk of signing Abraham in January or the Summer is absolute nonsense and needs to stop.

a) we can't afford him in January

b) Chelsea won't want to sell him, and if they do he will be upwards of £30 million

c) the most valid point... we are sitting in 8th in the Championship, lets just concentrate on getting promotion this season. There were people saying sign Snodgrass, sign Terry, sign Grabban last season and look what happened.

In terms of him seeing out the season at Villa, I think we will be safe. Chelsea will likely go out and sign a world class striker in January to complete their squad, it will be the difference on where they finish this season. In terms of Abraham I think that next season they will look to loan him to a Premier League team to prove himself ready to either play first team football for Chelsea, or to cash in for a lot of money. We have only managed to get him this season due to him not performing for Swansea in the Premier League last season, although that was more down to the Swansea team than his own performances I believe.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hippo said:

How much a downgrade would Keinan Davis be on Tammy 

I think Keinan would be good at the dropping deep and holding it up role and bringing the midfielders into play, but he'd be nowhere near as good as Tammy as a fox in the box. 

That said Keinan has only ever played Bruceball - maybe under Dean Smith he'd improve again.

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

All of this talk of signing Abraham in January or the Summer is absolute nonsense and needs to stop.

a) we can't afford him in January

b) Chelsea won't want to sell him, and if they do he will be upwards of £30 million

c) the most valid point... we are sitting in 8th in the Championship, lets just concentrate on getting promotion this season. There were people saying sign Snodgrass, sign Terry, sign Grabban last season and look what happened.

In terms of him seeing out the season at Villa, I think we will be safe. Chelsea will likely go out and sign a world class striker in January to complete their squad, it will be the difference on where they finish this season. In terms of Abraham I think that next season they will look to loan him to a Premier League team to prove himself ready to either play first team football for Chelsea, or to cash in for a lot of money. We have only managed to get him this season due to him not performing for Swansea in the Premier League last season, although that was more down to the Swansea team than his own performances I believe.

We would of signed Snoddy, Grabban and terry mite of played another season for us. The only thing that kept those deals from happening is missing out on promotion and xia nearly bankrupting us. If the owners had of come in earlyier and xia sold on faster then those players would of been ours.

There is also nothing wrong with people talking about signing Tammy or any other player, we are not playing football for villa that's our players job, we are on a forum where things are talked about.

You, I or any of us do not know our situation regarding FFP,  the possible signing of Tammy or whether Chelsea if thrown a good bit of cash would take it. Even the recalling of Tammy could be utter rubbish thrown out by the media to cause more frustration between the two clubs, fans and players, may be totally fake news they are good at that these days. Reporters do seem to do alot less real reporting these days and dont go to actual source's to find info, instead they will make it all up, it's amazing how many story's are actually wrong.

I believe you are rite in the fact Chelsea will go buy another striker, possibly 2, the problem is that does a couple of things to Chelsea. Adding to an already oversized squad which must be shrink by 2020 won't be a good thing, while it also pushes Tammy out of a place even further at chelsea. If Chelsea do go and buy a new striker or two, it's going to cost money, big money and they too have to stick inside of FFP,  the only way they do that is by selling alot of there oversized squad. Who do you think they will sell, it will be players who are either out on loan playing well for the team they are on loan for or clubs who have a big interest in certain players.

If we go up there could be a big chance Tammy would become a permanent Villan. There's alot out there to suggest if we don't go for Tammy then we mite go for Odoi. I'll wait because I don't believe what's in the media myself and believe it will happen if its meant too and if our owners want either of them permenent.

We just have to see what happens down the line, of course if promotion happens, we will be in a much bigger world again.  We will require talent the likes Tammy, Bolasie, Tuanzebe, but Bolasie is ageing now for his position. Alot of our current players won't hack it in the premiere I fear, our ageing bunch would be a no no. Then there's those that are struggling rite now like Chester and Taylor which would need to be replaced. Kodjia wont never be a Tammy, he will score goals here and there but Tammy is an ace in the hole thats bringing goals in. Its not a case of which game Tammys scoring goals in, its a case of which minute in every game hes scoring goals, those are the type of strikers we need in the premiere.

Â