• Grealish
    • Kodjia
    • Green (Adomah 69)
    • Hourihane (Tuanzebe 82)
    • Whelan (Hepburn-Murphy 84)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/08/18 at 14:00

Thought we looked good for the most part of the game tbh and it's our defence that is bringing us down. This needs to addressed before the window closes. All in all a good performance imo.

• Like 2

Match thread closed again while I'm still watching the game and posting but hey ho! An unacceptable result and Bruce needs to get it sorted otherwise we will be stuck in this noddy league for another season.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

sounds like we played better than I expected at times, so fair enough for that. Defence is shit, we need more personnel there if we can. At least we are getting better attacking support. Andre has been a disappointment sadly. 

Lots of positives today. Good football, a bit more pace and product from set pieces will improve us. Loans to come in too.

Thought Nyland had a decent outing, will do his confidence a world of good.

Brentford a very tidy team. Quietly happy with where we are and our lot at the moment. It’s a long season.....

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Godders said:

Turned the TV off in a rage so missed the equaliser. That'll learn me. 

Did the same and only realised we'd equalised when I was checking the other scores. Had a real WTF moment and checked in with the match thread to make sure :lol:

At 2-1 I couldn’t be too disappointed because of how we played. But the draw is more than deserved. 

We should have put the game away when so on top. So many encouraging signs today against a very good team.  Keeper improved, Kodija scoring goals. Mcginn superb. 

Problems at the back. We so badly need a centre half and a left back so we can have a balanced  settled back four.  Elmo needs to drop to right back which I think he will now we’ve signed 2 wingers. 

All in all good evening with positives and negatives. But id feel a lot more encouraged for the season if I hear we’ve signed a centre half.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Good point against a team that know what to do with the ball instead of just crossing it blindly. 

We need a new CB and a LB.

We dominated them for most of the game and played similarily to how they did. Did we watch the same game?

Positives: First half we were very good. Kodjia brace, McGinn, Whelan  played well. Nyland too except the obvious, made a lot of decent saves. Chester fairly solid.

Jack looked tired second half, needs to shoot more and bust a gut to get forward after playing balls forward, was just walking after releasing the ball a lot.

Deserved at least a point but our defending was worrying again.

Well done on remaining unbeaten, now announce Bolasie so we can score one more than you. 

• Like 1

The amount of criticism Bruce was getting till that cracking winner.

We were the better team, they were lucky to get a draw dispite our late equaliser. 

We are so desperate for a CB. Jedinak is a dead man walking in that position. So glad we have signed the wingers, Elmo can now replace Axel who cost us two goals imo. 

• Like 3

Point was the least we deserved.

Really good performance but shaky at the back. The sooner Tuanzebe is out of the team the better. Jedinak also can't be our first choice CB, although he wasn't the issue tonight.

Defensive/goalkeeper errrors cost us.

We started to run out of steam somewhat after a high energy, swashbuckling 70/75 mins. But, we kept on going with that gritty resilience and never say die attitude that has become a hallmark of us. 

(Oh, and thematch thread needs a permanent link to the Samaritans website).

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Like 1

Â