Yannick Bolasie

Farlz

7 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

It doesn't smell right to me this,

If he was coming i think today was the day, looks like his manager is piping up now with wishing he'd stay and fight for his place blah blah blah.... Will be surprised to see him sign now personally.

Disagree mate. I think its purely down to how much of his wages we will cover. The comments from Everton are probably just an effort to try a scare us into upping our offer.

If he was in the managers plans they wouldn't have allowed him to spend thelast 3/4 days here and on Teesside. 

It’s surely just brinksmanship over the wages. He is on £75,000 at Everton so there is quite a sliding scale to consider in the negotiations. My guess is we will have offered to pay £30,000 absolute  tops, as it’s disproportional to the rest of our squad (and the championship at large) and we are doing them a favour in giving him playing time and a platform to impress for a sale next summer. We’ll squabble over the percentage of wages paid and then it will get done. Might go down to the last day though!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, av1 said:

Disagree mate. I think its purely down to how much of his wages we will cover. The comments from Everton are probably just an effort to try a scare us into upping our offer.

50% ...plus McCormack!

45 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

It’s surely just brinksmanship over the wages. He is on £75,000 at Everton so there is quite a sliding scale to consider in the negotiations. My guess is we will have offered to pay £30,000 absolute  tops, as it’s disproportional to the rest of our squad (and the championship at large) and we are doing them a favour in giving him playing time and a platform to impress for a sale next summer. We’ll squabble over the percentage of wages paid and then it will get done. Might go down to the last day though!

they probably want us to cover more wages, we are probably trying to get some sort of protection against paying him a lot of money if he gets injured

i think with him being very casual about everyone seeing him at VP last night means this is just a bit of peacocking to see who gets the best deal

3 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

It doesn't smell right to me this,

If he was coming i think today was the day, looks like his manager is piping up now with wishing he'd stay and fight for his place blah blah blah.... Will be surprised to see him sign now personally.

Indeed. Alas, poor Yannick!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, omariqy said:

So according to Bruce should be done today or tomorrow. Finer details to sort out.

Hopefully it's done in the next 2 hours so he's eligible for tomorrows game. 

I am not overly worried by the delay. As mentioned previously by others, I think it is purely down to what percentage of wages we are covering and the finer details of the deal. Bolasie has already chosen us ahead of Middlesbrough according to Pulis, and with the risk of sounding arrogant there are no bigger clubs in this division who will swoop in for him. Only possible threat comes from abroad, or Everton deciding to keep him.

Just now, NeilS said:

I am not overly worried by the delay. As mentioned previously by others, I think it is purely down to what percentage of wages we are covering and the finer details of the deal. Bolasie has already chosen us ahead of Middlesbrough according to Pulis, and with the risk of sounding arrogant there are no bigger clubs in this division who will swoop in for him. Only possible threat comes from abroad, or Everton deciding to keep him.

Everton want to keep him as much as we want to keep Richards! 

Want this done but I’m not worried about him missing the game at the weekend. I wouldn’t have wanted him and our other new winger both coming in at once... drop Elmo back to RB on Saturday, have Anwar start on one wing and Adomah/Green on the other. Bolasie can come in for that other place in a game or two and we can gradually keep improving. 

• Like 1

Â