Yannick Bolasie

Farlz

15 minutes ago, weedman said:

Surely every loan is "short termism"? Maybe we shouldn't bother in that case and just stuck with what we've got? 

For the cost of loaning a bolasie for one season, why not put that towards a younger player who can develop and we can actually get an option to buy on. Bolasie unlikely to want to stay if we don’t go up, and if we do go up will you want a 30 year old on 80k a week who’s injury prone ? Will be an amazing player if he stays fit and was anything like his previous self. We’ve just been down this route last year and it didn’t work. It got us into a mess and has left us weak in certain positions. Would personally prefer to build for the long term. 

• Like 3

People are frothing at the mouth on Facebook. Unbelievable

1. 70k a week

2. 1 goal no assists in 16 games back from horrible injury at 28

3. Had half a good season for Palace 3 seasons ago. 

4. 70k a week!!!

• Like 2

I did think we were going after younger player, but maybe because Bolasie can be quality when he is on form, Bruce wants to sign him.

Would still need another creative option if he comes here though as he will cause problems but not sure of his end product. The recent injury is also a concern but fingers crossed his medical is thorough. 

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I did think we were going after younger player, but maybe because Bolasie can be quality when he is on form, Bruce wants to sign him.

Would still need another creative option if he comes here though as he will cause problems but not sure of his end product. The recent injury is also a concern but fingers crossed his medical is thorough. 

He played 16 games end of last season and showed no form

30 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

1. 70k a week

4. 70k a week!!!

Big difference between playing in the Championship and the Premier league. He was a quality player prior to injury that can't be denied, he only has to be half the player he was and he's still be better than what we currently have.

43 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

1. 70k a week

4. 70k a week!!!

Everton pay him his wages. How in the world has this come to be taken seriously? 

2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Everton pay him his wages. How in the world has this come to be taken seriously? 

I'm not sure if you're serious. We would almost certainly pay 100% of his wages on loan. I believe we paid 100% of Snodgrass wages

9 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'm not sure if you're serious. We would almost certainly pay 100% of his wages on loan. I believe we paid 100% of Snodgrass wages

well the fact that the transfer appears to be going through seems to be evidence that his wages will not be an issue one way or another, surely? plus, with more players allegedly incoming it doesn't look like this move would rule out any other arrivals...

Edited by abdomlahor

Powerhouse player who will terrorize defenses in the C'ship when he's fit. Hard to believe people are complaining about us making a signing like this. Lighten the f*ck up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Powerhouse player who will terrorize defenses in the C'ship when he's fit. Hard to believe people are complaining about us making a signing like this. Lighten the f*ck up.

Well as long as you’re willing to keep an open mind.....

• Haha 1

Could be an absolute monster at this level. 

Could be months away from match fitness, way off the pace and a total disappointment. 

But it's a loan so we don't really have to worry with the long term consequences (for a change!) if the latter turns out to be true. So I'm fully on board and looking forward to seeing how it goes.

Spoiler

He'll definitely go to Middlesbrough now.

4 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

We paid nowhere near 100% of snodgrasses wages, less than half according to some. (One if the pod casts was talking about it this week, moms I think)

It's rare that you will ever pay the full amount as who could afford prem wages in this division? 

No way we are paying 70k as we still have to justify ffp. 

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 1

Â