Yannick Bolasie

Farlz

5 hours ago, a m ole said:

maybe not the problem, but he’s not doing close to enough. Would Andre Green be doing any worse?

Green can't hold down a place at Portsmouth. 

16 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I think he playes like a headless chicken. A couple of times in the first half he could have made easy passes to Tammy for him to score, but squandered it (he managed with one easy pass but then Tammy squandered it to be fair). I don't think it's about him not being match fit, it's the way he is. He can make a good and unexpected move in the first instance, just to lose the ball or miss a simple pass in the next. He doesn't do the basics right and isn't reliable. It's hard for the team to have coherent movement and a flowing passing style when you have one player in an important position who plays his own game and you never know what you will get. It's the same with Kodjia imo, but Bolasie is even more irrational. Doesn't seem to really care or give an effort either, it's just when he has the ball and can go one on one that he looks really interested. It hurts thinking about how much we pay him.

For me it was baffling that he wasn't substituted in the second half.

Pretty much sums it up for me. 

He seriously harms us when on the pitch. 

Yes he will do the most amazing bit of skill here and there but overall he messes up most of our attacks by running down a blind alley, putting in a poor cross, failing to make an easy pass or shooting from a ludicrous position when there was absolutely no need to. 

Add to that the zero defending and he actually weakens us when on the pitch. 

Now I am going to go and copy and paste this post onto the El Ghazi thread. 

How is it possible for the pair of them to be totally and utterly ineffective against a Wigan team who's combined wages are probably lower than his alone. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I have a feeling I might be in a very small minority here, but I like him.

I'm in the same boat. People are so fixated with his wages that it's clouding any objective judgement on his performances. Obviously they are excessive, but he's a player that went for £30 million in the Premier League so it comes with the territory.  Wingers are inconsistent at the best of times, never mind ones that are playing at Championship level. I think we've much greater problems than how inconsistent or otherwise Bolasie has been.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Indigo said:

I'm in the same boat. People are so fixated with his wages that it's clouding any objective judgement on his performances. Obviously they are excessive, but he's a player that went for £30 million in the Premier League so it comes with the territory.  Wingers are inconsistent at the best of times, never mind ones that are playing at Championship level. I think we've much greater problems than how inconsistent or otherwise Bolasie has been.

I’m not sure people are fixated with his wages. I think people are just starting to realise how utterly dreadful he is. 

The same can be said for El Ghazi.

36 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’m not sure people are fixated with his wages. I think people are just starting to realise how utterly dreadful he is. 

The same can be said for El Ghazi.

I don’t think it’s really hard to understand why.

He is one of, if not the highest paid player in the league and he has not been even remotely close to being worth what we are paying.

That’s before even getting started on how much money we lose every week or the issues that is causing with FFP.

• Like 2

• Bolasie
  • El Ghazi
  • Adomah

show ponies, luxuries, 

when you are trying to battle and stay in the game......you can only afford 1.

when they are Not at it, they are a luxury.

Alf Ramsey, could not understand the obsession with wingers, when he won the World Cup......he wanted workers.

I can see both arguments.....i love wingers, but when they don't do what they are there to do, its easy to see how the question gets raised.

right now, we can't afford to play 2

Â