Jump to content
Villan4Life

Anwar El Ghazi

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Xela said:

Looks like he's just looking to make sure it'll be given before celebrating. 

 

He is also probably quite disappointed he didn't make it 2 before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, kieranavfc said:

Who is that sat on the other side of Steer?😂

yeah, who is that???, looks like targett?!?!?!?!

bunny hands?!?!?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a stinker today. But this is what a £10 million midfielder does. Will be good some weeks bad others, hence the price tag.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is something strange with him, everytime he has the ball I don't have confidence that we'll keep position. But at the same time that he could the one to do something.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's a winger, wingers have always been hit and miss. The great ones are more hit than miss.

I like his passion and aggression and think theres more to come from him with proper supporting full backs. Hes been playing wide with little support until fred and matt were introduced.

Frustrated with his balloon shot which would have put us 2-1 up earlier but caused problems despite being his worst game for us.

Doesnt help either winger when wes is not guaranteed to be in the box either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Whilst he did have a stinker he got into very good positions in the box and had two really good chances, this is something Trezeguet thus far hasn't done. The bottom line is that El Ghazi is a threat whenever he plays and has sustained a good level of output in terms of goals/ assists so far.

Well against Brighton he certainly wasn't a threat. Trezguet did more in 25 minutes! I like El Ghazi, but he is merely decent. Quality wingers are more consistent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Whilst he did have a stinker he got into very good positions in the box and had two really good chances, this is something Trezeguet thus far hasn't done. The bottom line is that El Ghazi is a threat whenever he plays and has sustained a good level of output in terms of goals/ assists so far.

Undoubtedly El Ghazi has much better output than Trezeguet, and until the latter improves his the former will play more matches. I think I prefer the direct running of Trezeguet for the games against City and Liverpool though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Whilst he did have a stinker he got into very good positions in the box and had two really good chances, this is something Trezeguet thus far hasn't done. The bottom line is that El Ghazi is a threat whenever he plays and has sustained a good level of output in terms of goals/ assists so far.

I don't think it's a stinker when you get into those positions. In addition to Jack, John and Conor, Anwar is one that can make things happen. To me, Trezeguet is clearly behind Anwar at the moment. He's very raw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Well against Brighton he certainly wasn't a threat. Trezguet did more in 25 minutes! I like El Ghazi, but he is merely decent. Quality wingers are more consistent.

Well he missed a sitter from a shot that went over the bar after Hourihane should of scored and had a free back post header that he should have done better with in the second half too. So the fact he got into two threatening positions and should have scored suggests that he was a bit of a threat. Trezeguet did absolutely nothing in terms of creating any chances or having any efforts on goal, didn't even get into positions to have an effort on goal.

El Ghazi is just decent but Trezeguet isn't any better and delivers a lot less going forward.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Well he missed a sitter from a shot that went over the bar after Hourihane should of scored and had a free back post header that he should have done better with in the second half too. So the fact he got into two threatening positions and should have scored suggests that he was a bit of a threat. Trezeguet did absolutely nothing in terms of creating any chances or having any efforts on goal, didn't even get into positions to have an effort on goal.

El Ghazi is just decent but Trezeguet isn't any better and delivers a lot less going forward.

He also had the chance in the first half where Grealish put him through where I actually thought he did well to work it back onto his right foot and were it not for an excellent block he could well have scored. 

Trezeguet is dangerous but very lacking in end product. It could be that will improve with game time but it sounds like he was similar in the Turkish league but he was more dangerous, more often because of the poorer standard of opposition. 

At this point I'm sure either is going to be what we need longer term but El Ghazi as the starter who is doing enough to keep his place and Trez as a pacy, tricky option from the bench seems just about right. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/10/2019 at 21:18, MaVilla said:

El Ghazi the only one on the bench who doesnt celebrate our second goal?!?!

 

 

Considering how Matt Targett is sat next to Steer, I don't think it's from the Brighton game...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Considering how Matt Targett is sat next to Steer, I don't think it's from the Brighton game...

:detect:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Whilst he did have a stinker he got into very good positions in the box and had two really good chances, this is something Trezeguet thus far hasn't done. The bottom line is that El Ghazi is a threat whenever he plays and has sustained a good level of output in terms of goals/ assists so far.

Incorrect methinks. Trezeguet gets into positions all the time. What's seperated the two is the quality of finishing where El Ghazi so far have been sharper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Incorrect methinks. Trezeguet gets into positions all the time. What's seperated the two is the quality of finishing where El Ghazi so far have been sharper. 

Exactly. 

I also believe Trezguet is less wasteful with possession, is a better outlet, and protects the fullback better. El Ghazi should be beating players and assisting goals, which he was doing on Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Exactly. 

I also believe Trezguet is less wasteful with possession, is a better outlet, and protects the fullback better. El Ghazi should be beating players and assisting goals, which he was doing on Saturday.

This is all speculative as we haven't seen enough of Trezeguet to make that judgement. 

I do think El Ghazi's lack of protection is starting to become a problem at this level and I wonder if he could use a kick up the backside. And I say that as a big fan of his ability. I don't think it's effort, he wouldn't be picked at all if that were the case, but awareness, which makes the fix more complicated. He needs to start switching on. 

I've no worries about him going forward. He's a constant threat and he's producing. He had two assists in our last match ffs. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a big fan of Trez but he hasn't done enough on the pitch so far to oust El Ghazi from a starting spot, I think he's been slightly unlucky and I feel it will click sooner rather than later. I've seen enough of Trez to believe goals and assists will come.

Anwar is extremely frustrating at times but just as Connor is sometimes divisive by what he doesn't do, both of them make and score goals.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At 24, he's at a pivotal point in his career. His only real weakness seems to be the mental side of the game, as he can definitely lose focus and confidence but he does work hard for the team and I think he's keen to develop as a player as much as possible. Consistency often comes with experience and this is his first jaunt in the prem - I think with his attitude and the coaching team around him, he'll get better. Worst case scenario is that he's squad rotation/an impact sub in a year or so.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â