Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Assume you didn't watch the match then.

I think you're seeing something that isn't there.

I was at the game and saw him up close on the right wing for the second half - zero concerns on attitude.

He does however need to do much better in helping the full back to defend, he drifts inside too far and doesn't look over his left shoulder enough, he always seemed to look over his right shoulder and by the time he spotted their winger/full back it was often too late.

Crewe probably should have scored more than one really, they had a number of opportunities down our left / their right in the second half.

36 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Yeah we get it. He had a sour look on his face and he was annoyed at being kicked in the 93rd minute when 6-1 up. 

If you get wound up about a little contact in a cup match against tired legs, may I suggests he is in the wrong profession? 

38 minutes ago, omariqy said:

You said at times - I don't recall him ever having an attitude problem? What did he do yesterday apart from the push? I've seen Conor, McGinn, Grealish etc all do the same in matches and never been labelled with having an attitude problem. Or is this a thing exclusive to foreign wingers and strikers?

Well I do. He very often whines and clearly displays an unhappy attitude whenever he gets roughed up. If you didn't see this last season I'm shocked.  

He's definitely the type of character who can end up with a red card due to some petulant arm or leg aimed at another player. 

Good player. Shady attitude. And the push yesterday highlights it. 

I did notice he didn’t seem very happy yesterday when when we scored. 

I didn’t think anything of it though. 

25 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

If you get wound up about a little contact in a cup match against tired legs, may I suggests he is in the wrong profession? 

All he did was push the guy that left a foot in. Hardly worth suggesting he’s in the wrong profession! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Alright if you want your Villa players for no good reason to push opponents fair enough. I prefer my Villa players not to use violence on the pitch. Lets just leave it at that. Each to their own. 

What violence? The guy kicked el Ghazi long after the ball was played. Reaaaaalllly long after. So what if el Ghazi shoved him back with one arm? Maybe you also think his red in the Bamford incident, shouldn't have been rescinded?

10 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Alright if you want your Villa players for no good reason to push opponents fair enough. I prefer my Villa players not to use violence on the pitch. Lets just leave it at that. Each to their own. 

You must have hated Dion then ;)

Have you ever played sports? At any level?

For years we've moaned about how soft we are. Now we're moaning when a player of ours is annoyed at being blatantly kicked for absolutely no reason. 

Was it you who said Grealish isn't captain material because he's a hot head? 

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

For years we've moaned about how soft we are. Now we're moaning when a player of ours is annoyed at being blatantly kicked for absolutely no reason. 

Just one person to be fair. 

El Ghazi did seem a bit agitated last night so that late tackle wouldn’t have helped.

Obviously I’m no professional footballer but he reacted better than I would have.

He’s making millions of pounds doing a dream job at a club he clearly loves, everyone at the club seems to love him in return, he got us promoted scoring in our biggest game in decades at Wembley, just came off the bench to score in our first Premier League win in four-ish years, has played in the top tier in three countries and the Champions League... if that’s the wrong profession for him he is going to be really good at whatever the right profession for him is when he finds it.

3 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

So yesterday I came into the Grealish thread and found a massive campaign of criticism against him in full swing.

Today I find the same job being done on AEG.

What’s going on?

They can't moan about the results, the management, the owners etc so have to get their fix by targeting the player(s) that have performed at the lowest whoscored.com rating. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Yes. At a relatively high level. Does that help you? 

There's a difference between being tough and having an attitude issue. In fact the idea that he or you or anyone else thinks being a tough footballer is pushing people cause there was contact in a contact sport, well that's funny. Where I come from that makes you a wuss if anything. 

No. Not that I know of, so not sure why you bring it up. Never minded Grealish as captain, though I am not sure what traits he has that would make anyone think he's a typical captain choice to begin with. Local lad and loyalty I guess. Mings is probably a more obvious choice in ny book. Though I prefer a CM captain so Grealish is fine. Fwiw Grealish has matured into a captain role. If you'd asked me 18 months ago I'd be hesitant, but he's a different player now. 

47 minutes ago, omariqy said:

This is hilarious. The guy who sacrificed his religious beliefs to perform for us whilst he was on loan, the guy who won us the playoff final and the guy who made a gut busting run with seconds left in our last game to finish the game off has a bad attitude. Ok. Everyone moans, literally everyone. McGinn moans all game. No but hes a fighter, a fierce scotsman. All Hutton did was moan and get angry on the pitch. But he's just determined. El Ghazi is a whiner. Same people think Wesley is lazy probably.

I don't mind moaning. I mind petulance and violence. 

3 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

So yesterday I came into the Grealish thread and found a massive campaign of criticism against him in full swing.

Today I find the same job being done on AEG.

What’s going on?

I share your bemusement ( that’s the kindest word I can think of).

I put it down to the “ you've got to die of something” syndrome.....if every disease was eliminated dying of laughter, or dying from tripping up, or whatever, would become “ Number 1 Killer”.

Now we play decent football with a good hard working squad people still have to find something to criticise. 

It happened straight after Spurs. “ he should be.....we ought to be.....he never.....he seems......we don’t .......”....

I swear the only reason some people follow Football is to moan !

Also, fwiw, I’m not suprised Anwar took a swipe at that guy....last seconds of a long finished game and he basically tries to do a number on him....it’d have been quite a shock.

Some of the other stuff that’s been said isn’t worth commenting on in my view...

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

They can't moan about the results, the management, the owners etc so have to get their fix by targeting the player(s) that have performed at the lowest whoscored.com rating. 

That’s what I was trying and failing to say.🙂

Â