Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

THought him coming of the bench was a good move by Smith. He's been struggling with the pace and physicality of the PL, but coming on when the sting was out of the game allowed him to show what he can do. Should give him confidence, but think he may be better as this type of player.

• Like 2

Not at his best in the first couple games but I have such a soft spot for El Ghazi, so pleased he come off the bench and scored. Loved his celebration running off kissing the badge.

What a bloke ❤️

• Like 3

Excellent cameo, and I’m well pleased for him.

Especially as Jota put in a stellar performance, I didn’t want AEG to become the forgotten man.

Competition for places needs to be fierce, and he’s kept his hat in the ring.

On 18/08/2019 at 05:49, Humanoid said:

Spot on.  He's not the kind of player that will help keep Villa in the Premier.

Certainly worth trying Grealish on the left and bringing in Nakamba

I think this is wrong. He’s a really good player.

Trez has been brilliant the first 2 games but looked a non-threat today but was more effective when he drifted into the centre. To me this suggests Taylor needs to be subbed out. He has been very good defensively but he can't cross or overlap meaning our LW has to take 2 or 3 players on to get in to good positions. If you look at Jota and Guilbert yesterday whenever Guilbert made a run it forced their full back to hesitate and drfit wider leaving the option for Jota to slip the ball in for Wes.

Also El Ghazi was very aggressive whihh is what I have wanted to see from him. I have said he just looks so dangerous when he shoots and his first shot forced a parry out for a throw-in if players were in the box that's a goal. Love his attitude as well. Came on fought for his place and gave the Dean a lot to think about. 

Start Targett get an attacking full back and go into the international break with 6 points. UTV

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I wouldn't start him, I feel at this stage coming off the bench is the best way to use him.

Depends on the opponent and whether we are home or away for me. If we expect to sieged for 90 minutes I suspect he's a better option than Jota. 

20 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Very impressed with the way he burst into their box for the goal. Grealish was the obvious option but El Ghazi wanted it more.

Not just that but the deft touch running at that speed too (he actually meg’d Gomes) was immense, finish was good enough but not emphatic but the touch was sublime 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

I think this is wrong. He’s a really good player.

But is he a really good Premier League player?  I'm sure he could be, but at the moment especially with Taylor behind him, the left side is the weakest area.

I was worried that AEG wouldn't step up but that's clearly premature. In fairness this depth of squad is bringing out the best in players (look at Taylor), but being benched clearly stung: he was determined to may his mark, put in a shot very early in his appearance and then thundered into the box stealing the ball heading for Grealish with a nice touch past the defender and fired home. 

The whole team loves him too, they all mobbed him (I know it sealed the win), but there is a great spirit, it looks like they all want each other to do well. I really hope he kicks on and proves to himself he is capable at this level.

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I thought trez was poor but that starting 11 has to play the next one. 

Great option off the bench.

Tbh I think trez struggled because he had Taylor behind him offering no support. (Although trez did ok for me as he worked his socks off, just didn't have as much of a forward impact).

Seems to me the same reason el Ghazi struggled the first two games on the left.

Trez played well on the right with Elmo behind him and jota played amazing with Guilbert behind him.

For me targett needs to come in behind trez, to see if that helps.

Edited by MaVilla

8 hours ago, Humanoid said:

But is he a really good Premier League player?  I'm sure he could be, but at the moment especially with Taylor behind him, the left side is the weakest area.

If he’s not now I’m sure he will be by November.

If he’s at the point that all he can do is come on as a sub and score v a team like Everton he’ll do fine.

He’s scored v Barcelona in the Champions League and stepped up for us in our biggest game in 20 years last season. I’m not worried about him delivering even if it takes a few games to adjust to the top flight. 

• Like 1

Â