Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

Horrible regression today.

Not just bad, back to being scared of responsibility bad. Stupid aimless passes, not even caring where the ball is going, just making sure he doesn't get tackled or kicked again.

He has had a poor start to the season. He thrived last season when he had a lot of space to run in but is struggling with the lack of freedom you get on the ball in this league. 

He has the raw talent to make the step up, hopefully he will find his Premier League feet. 

Edited by LondonLax

12 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

I'm going to file his last 2 shit performances under "trying too hard to impress in the PL".

You can stick them in with his 20 shit performances in the championship. 

Ive said it in a previous post but this guy is average. He had 2/3 very good games last season and was distinctly average, if not poor, in the rest of them. 

Our wingers and full backs were our weak link last season with our spine (Grealish, Mings, Tuanzebe, Abraham, McGinn) rescuing us and winning matches on their own. I find it really infuriating we’ve started the season with El Ghazi, Taylor and El Mohamady having spent 150m.

To an earlier point, if Smith doesn’t trust Jota, I’d push Grealish out to the left in an inside forward kind-of position and bring either Nakamba or Hourihane into midfield. El Ghazi is too inconsistent. Until he can show the ability we saw in the playoff final on a regular basis, he needs to be benched.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

You can stick them in with his 20 shit performances in the championship. 

Ive said it in a previous post but this guy is average. He had 2/3 very good games last season and was distinctly average, if not poor, in the rest of them. 

Our wingers and full backs were our weak link last season with our spine (Grealish, Mings, Tuanzebe, Abraham, McGinn) rescuing us and winning matches on their own. I find it really infuriating we’ve started the season with El Ghazi, Taylor and El Mohamady having spent 150m.

To an earlier point, if Smith doesn’t trust Jota, I’d push Grealish out to the left in an inside forward kind-of position and bring either Nakamba or Hourihane into midfield. El Ghazi is too inconsistent. Until he can show the ability we saw in the playoff final on a regular basis, he needs to be benched.

Spot on.  He's not the kind of player that will help keep Villa in the Premier.

Certainly worth trying Grealish on the left and bringing in Nakamba

29 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Great option to have coming off the bench with 20-25mins to go, but not a starter at this level. Jota looked very bright when he came on, Trezeguet looked fine on the left. Jota and Trezeguet should be starting Friday, El Ghazi on the bench.

Hassans natural position is LW tbh, it's just that he can also play RW.

On 18/08/2019 at 18:45, Dr_Pangloss said:

Great option to have coming off the bench with 20-25mins to go, but not a starter at this level. Jota looked very bright when he came on, Trezeguet looked fine on the left. Jota and Trezeguet should be starting Friday, El Ghazi on the bench.

Genius

I’ve given this place a miss for a few weeks and after reading some of the comments in the majority of the manager and player thread/s Im very glad I did. Jesus wept! He’s a developing talent playing his first 3 games in the premier league. Which can be said for the majority of our players (and coach).

As has been said, had the space to play his game tonight and looked lively when he was on. We need a range of options throughout the squad, and he’s a potent one to have IMO.

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 3

He's very direct and decently quick - quite the antithesis of Jota.

Which makes him the perfect substitute for Jota, as it gives the defense something to think about.

Nicely taken goal after an earlier good shot from outside the box and then almost a lucky deflection.

Â