Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

7 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Hope we sign him. If he keeps developing and starts to realize his potential, we can have a ready-made PL player for the 2020 season. Will be certainly worth whatever nominal fee we'll have to pay.

Why do you think the fee will be nominal?

When trying to find out if there's a future fee agreed, I saw this absolute gem from the Beeb Sport website...

"Adaptable twice-capped Netherlands international El Ghazi can also play at left-back and in the centre of defence".

🤣

2 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

When trying to find out if there's a future fee agreed, I saw this absolute gem from the Beeb Sport website...

"Adaptable twice-capped Netherlands international El Ghazi can also play at left-back and in the centre of defence".

🤣

I think he was signed as Jedinak backup at centreback 😂

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, a m ole said:

bringing it up because I’ve been highly critical, but he was excellent and deserved a goal.

He was good, worked hard and offered a threat forward. Should actually have scored second half but took an extra touch 

I don't know what to think. 

Ultimately though I don't think we need to be spending money on anybody who can be poor/anonymous for 95% of the game but be doing something amazing for the remaining 5%. 

That's a luxury we just can't afford. We'd be much better off with someone who is pretty decent for 60% of the game and better than decent for 40% of the game even if they are never truly astonishing. 

He was very good today and has improved recently. Needs to work on his finishing and composure. I don't think his work rate can be questioned much even through our bad spell but he's obviously a confidence player. If he could put it together consistently I'd definitely want him on a permanent basis. He's still quite young and he seems to have that star quality, it's just about extracting it each and every week.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

His reaction to his miss pretty much said it all to me, just placed his head down in an "of course I missed" way and felt sorry for himself.

A sap of a footballer.

Ridiculous statement.

El Ghazi was very good yesterday, offered a lot going forward and tracked back well to help out the full back. He should have finished the chance he had, but you can't score them all. He's by far the best winger we currently have in our squad.

For me we should be signing him in the summer and working on improving him as a football, he has all the attributes to be a good player for us. We've seen it before with foreign players taking time to settle into English football and I think this is the case with El Ghazi.

Unsuprisingly he looks a lot better with Grealish back in the team, along with the rest of the team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Harsh, he should have buried it but not sure his reaction is a means to write him off entirely.

I think there's a decent player in there, just needs to find a level of consistency.

Seems like the type who needs an arm around him.

Â