Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

I don’t think it would harm us keeping him if his price was ok, could do much worse. We have a lot of rebuild coming too.

I would keep Kalinic, Chester, McGin, Grealish as a starters out of this team. I’d get Mings and El Ghazi if possible, give Green a proper chance. 

Well would prefer to keep Abraham and Axel but that wont happen. We have a right back coming. 

So we would basically need a DM, LB, CB and a striker at the very least. Well also a good winger regardless of El Ghazi staying.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I don’t think it would harm us keeping him if his price was ok, could do much worse. We have a lot of rebuild coming too.

I would keep Kalinic, Chester, McGin, Grealish as a starters out of this team. I’d get Mings and El Ghazi if possible, give Green a proper chance. 

Well would prefer to keep Abraham and Axel but that wont happen. We have a right back coming. 

So we would basically need a DM, LB, CB and a striker at the very least. Well also a good winger regardless of El Ghazi staying.

I think you are correct, the basis is there of a very good side, it just needs fine tuning, I trust Smith and his backroom staff to get it right 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Might be worth a punt at 1/2m. He has been largely poor for us but he has ability. 

If he goes, meh. 

I doubt we’d get him that cheaply but I’d take him, he is very inconsistent but has a lot of natural ability 

Great game today. Still frustrating going forward. But that's more down to decision-making and not ability. The ability is there for everyone to see. 

My impression is that he has improved a lot defensively and works a lot harder. So he's obviously somone who looks to improve himself and is willing to put in hard work. 

I've been negative towards him. But starting to change my mind. Feels like there's improvements to his game.

More of today's performances and he s obviously worth keeping. 

• Like 2

Gone from a top prospect at Ajax, scoring in at the Camp Nou to being inconsistent at this level. Something isn't right with him, perhaps he's just very difficult to coach? I'd take him if the fee is less than £5m as he has some ability and has shown he can produce but would certainly explore other options as well.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Gone from a top prospect at Ajax, scoring in at the Camp Nou to being inconsistent at this level. Something isn't right with him, perhaps he's just very difficult to coach? I'd take him if the fee is less than £5m as he has some ability and has shown he can produce but would certainly explore other options as well.

Less than 5m? We shouldn’t be paying anywhere near upwards of 2m for him. There are better players out there for half that price. 

No idea what to make of this guy.

First half he was in proper Sunday league mode. We had a really good counter attack when he was in acres of space down the left and he overhit the cross so much into the box it went out for a throw in. Then two minutes later he's unmarked centrally and 20 yards out and shots towards the Incinerator.

Second half he somehow becomes unplayable, was involved in pretty much all our attacks, set up the goal and hit some other great crosses.

Said it before but i'm surprised we haven't played him off Tammy as he can find space and has decent turn of speed.

Comes down to the price. Pretty sure 6-7m was quoted when he first joined which to me is too much but maybe worth a go for 3-4m.

16 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I'll be honest I quite like El ghazi. I know he is inconsistent but he has massive potential. I think he will be a excellent player in years to come. 

Could do either way tbh.

I'm actually of the opinion people used to be of Adama when he played for us. Predictions of playing in Swedish league or whatever three years after leaving us. Reality is he's a squad player for a team who have good chance of playing europa league next season.

El Ghazi needs to buck his ideas up as in that timeframe he's gone from CL v Barca to championship v Rotherham etc. Hopefully yesterday was the start.

15 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

One minute he is hopeless and in the next breath he is a matchwinner.

Very frustrating.

Why he is here though. He clearly has the talent and if utilised it properly he be at a better team

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He is still young and has shown how good he can be be. Smith will know if he has the right character to improve and if so will probably sign him. 

Yeah hopefully at some stage we are able to pick a team closer to what Smith wants when Jack and Axel are back so he can judge whether El Ghazi fits into that style well enough to be worth signing.

2 hours ago, screwdriver said:

he hasn't shown enough to earn a permanent move.

in fairness to him he probably doesn't have a clue the manager wants him to do

We get it you don’t like Smith, do you have to keep reiterating it in every thread

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One minute he’s reminiscent of Cristiano Ronaldo, the next he’s Ali Dia!

Frustrating player.

Edited by jim

I agree he's been very inconsistent, but at his relatively young age, you'd forgive that coming into such a fiercely physical league as this.  Add in the fact that he's in a team/squad, half of which are just going through the motions knowing they're off in the summer - hardly motivating for the lad is it?

If we sign him (which I also agree needs to be at the right price), he'll have the summer to settle and hopefully a better team/atmosphere to come back into next season.  Worth persevering with if the price is right.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I was on the OS just now and watched this interview, he comes across as a really likeable guy, down to earth, honest, modest. And like nearly all Dutch people his English is brilliant! :D (Although when he said the Villa fans were "shouting" that's a bit ambiguous. In a nice way or a bad way?! I guess he meant cheering).

He's quick, isn't he, which is great... wow, he left those three defenders for dead, as if he was Roadrunner. Let's hope he scores again soon, another cracker or a sitter tap-in, any goal will do. 

Edited by robby b
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, robby b said:

I was on the OS just now and watched this interview, he comes across as a really likeable guy, down to earth, honest, modest. And like nearly all Dutch people his English is brilliant! :D (Although when he said the Villa fans were "shouting" that's a bit ambiguous. In a nice way or a bad way?! I guess he meant cheering). Let's hope he scores again soon, another cracker or a sitter tap-in, any goal will do.

Was also nice hearing him say him and Hause have a good relationship and they talk alot.

• Like 1

Â