Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

He did produce one of the best chances of the game though. If he was consistent, he wouldn't be playing in the championship. We're going to have to deal with his inconsistencies because he is currently our best winger. Hopefully he can keep getting better. 

Works better defensively. Then what he used to. That has improved.

However, very frustrating when getting forward! Either brilliant or wastfull. Wish he was a bit more direct and stopped the dribbling(steppovers and such), he's more effective when he just carries the ball forward. Would improve a lot if he learns to release the ball quicker and orient himself of the players around him. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nnock1984 said:

How much is the option to buy? 

50/50 on this guy at the moment 

Think I remember it being around 7m. At 4/5m I’d probably take it up. But 7 would over paying I think. 

Still young however and hopefully the inconsistency gets ironed out as at the moment he’s are only creative winger. 

3 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Glad we decided not to take up the option of buying him in January. End of the season for that decision is the most logical time for that, my gut feeling is he won’t be here next season.

I would agree. He’s talented no doubt, but he doesn’t work well in the team. I think he holds the ball for too long and is very wasteful with potential opportunities. He’s very similar to Bolasie in my mind.

11 hours ago, Czechlad said:

He did produce one of the best chances of the game though. If he was consistent, he wouldn't be playing in the championship. We're going to have to deal with his inconsistencies because he is currently our best winger. Hopefully he can keep getting better. 

The 2 best chances. One when Abraham missed the open goal and the cross for his header. 

He is frustrating but he is also currently our most creative player. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Glad we decided not to take up the option of buying him in January. End of the season for that decision is the most logical time for that, my gut feeling is he won’t be here next season.

I've not seen anything that makes me think we should sign him permanently.  Please send him back. 

Even though he was dangerous in spells yesterday, I don't think we should be signing him permanently come the end of the season unless his contribution improves significantly. Definitely don't think he'd cut it in the premier league if we ever get there.

Really heavy first touch quite often as well which is another flaw in his game. Has to start each week though because he's better than anything else we have.

Infuriating, when your touch is failing you and the full back has you in your pocket you have to battle and try something new. Sick of seeing him give up on the ball because he’s been stood up, or not keep moving because the first ball doesn’t go to him.

Â