Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, commander said:

Is it any more ridiculous than us wanted to give away our top scorer since we've been promoted, in the past 32 games and also so far this season? Is it more ridiculous than that? Is it more ridiculous than saying he's our worst winger? Is it more ridiculous we want to replace a 1 in 3 goal scorer with a 1 in 18? Is it more of a ridiculous statement than those? Really?

Yes it is.

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

It's quite telling that our most criticised players are El Ghazi, Traore and Wesley and Mings (outspoken supporter of equal rights). Whilst I wouldn't say they are all super consistent Mings aside I think it's Laughable the amount of criticism they get compared to incredibly inconsistent players like cash and McGinn. 

McGinn gets absolutely slaughtered. Stop being ridiculous. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

Fans can’t handle inconsistency. You could score a hatrick one game but if you are completely anonymous for the next 2-3 and we are lose those game they will remember this.  I’m not saying it’s right but it’s how it. It doesn’t matter if the players name is Mohammed Ali or John Smith.

Fans are fickle and a lot of the time stupid. It’s not because they are racist.

So let’s stop this nonsense.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Also take penalties out of his history and how impressive is his goal record?

Yeah and take out all his other goals, what else does he do?

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Also take penalties out of his history and how impressive is his goal record?

In terms of goals to minutes. 0.3 per 90 or. If over a 38 game season where he ayed every minutes. 12-13 goals. 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

It's called being a Muslim, sadly. 

I'm sorry you feel it's because of that... :(

I've never perceived the criticism of AEG to be based on his beliefs or race (or read anything like that on here) but appreciate you may do so. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

In terms of goals to minutes. 0.3 per 90 or. If over a 38 game season where he ayed every minutes. 12 goals. 

12 goals for a winger in the Premier League is excellent. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

It's quite telling that our most criticised players are El Ghazi, Traore and Wesley and Mings (outspoken supporter of equal rights). Whilst I wouldn't say they are all super consistent Mings aside I think it's Laughable the amount of criticism they get compared to incredibly inconsistent players like cash and McGinn. 

Not sure about this.

There's definitely a section of our fanbase who go easier on white English players, but I think they're a minority. You rarely hear anyone criticising Konsa or Watkins for example. And Traore is a bit of a cult hero.

Yes, it's harder for a foreign player to win over the fans sometimes, and some fans do dip into racist stereotypes at times... but I think most of the criticism of AEG is valid. He's a classic frustrating winger. Some huge strengths and some glaring weaknesses. He's always going to divide opinion with the way he plays.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I feel for AEG, never done much to deserve the shit and bile he gets on here.

it’s embarrassing 

This.

He’s been a model pro, doesn’t complain, gets his head down and gets on with it. Yet he gets constant abuse and has to take down his social media. 

I wonder, if his name was Andrew Garvey from Solihull. Would he get the same amount of vitriol we have seen towards him? Would he ****! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, jim said:

This.

He’s been a model pro, doesn’t complain, gets his head down and gets on with it. Yet he gets constant abuse and has to take down his social media. 

I wonder, if his name was Andrew Garvey from Solihull. Would he get the same amount of vitriol we have seen towards him? Would he ****! 

I half agree with you, in that I think if he was a player who'd come up through the youth ranks, we would absolutely love him and forgive everything.

That doesn't mean all the criticism he gets is unfair. I guess where I would draw the line is with the abuse - completely agree he deserves our respect and support, and he's never done anything to merit personal comments. Not a world class player, but definitely a good squad member, who can be brilliant on his day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

Not sure about this.

There's definitely a section of our fanbase who go easier on white English players, but I think they're a minority. You rarely hear anyone criticising Konsa or Watkins for example. And Traore is a bit of a cult hero.

Yes, it's harder for a foreign player to win over the fans sometimes, and some fans do dip into racist stereotypes at times... but I think most of the criticism of AEG is valid. He's a classic frustrating winger. Some huge strengths and some glaring weaknesses. He's always going to divide opinion with the way he plays.

The only colour I see is claret & Blue.

I genuinely don't see whats being suggested.

Anwar is one of those enigma's....brilliant at somethings and not at others.

It depends what the spectator is looking for/at.

probably the best striker of the ball in the club.

would I sell him or anyone else?.....only if better was coming in.

If we are going to improve as a team, we have to expect a revolving door.

Â