Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

I do think we undervalue Anwar as a decent squad member. His output is good and to replace that on the current market would probably cost us double. He will always divide opinion. 

And the rest. How much would a 26 year old with as good a goal to games ratio? 11 in 31 last season. 

At times Anwar looks absolutely brilliant.

At other times, he looks like he's never kicked a ball in his life.

Overall though is a good PK taker though, and a decent squad guy to have around.

Will be interesting to see if Smith and company feel the same the last few days of this window.

Edited by Big Salad

15 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

One extreme to the other, I feel sorry for someone who can't give credit to a player that plays for their club.

People call it as they see it. He gets credit for scoring goals and some of the other bits he does, but there are a hell of a lot of drawbacks in his game. How people can't see this is beyond me.

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Played well last night, he even miscontrolled it twice as well ;) 

Apart from his two really good assists, my fave bit was his Cruyff-style pass before his weak, left footed shot - had that gone in.. sheesh.

What technique. 

His feet were definitely softer than they are when playing a VP.

I'd have given him MOTM, but my heart ruled that a debut hat-trick from a local lad probably deserved it more, even if it wouldn't have happened had Anwar not done his thing :)  

Tbf the shot was weak because he was stretching for it and there were no other options on as archer had already checked his run. 

9 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

The West Brom academy looks like a scene from 28 days later after Villa over the last couple of years.

I don't live too far from it literally a 5 minute walk. I might send my CV across. - I've perfected the old 'bungling into the boot technique.'

• Like 1

I'll be a bit gutted if we sell him for 17mil. Surely he's worth keeping if that's all we're getting for him. I know there's no room for sentiment in professional football, but he's started both games for us in the PL this season. We need the experienced backup who knows where the goals are.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KentVillan said:

He takes all kinds of penalties, low, high, left, right, panenka and always seems to bury it with keeper not standing a chance. Surely one of the best penalty takers in the league.

Was about to say this. I think he's changed it up every single time he's taken one, which is really impressive. Definitely was not expecting the one yesterday, though!

• Like 1

Â