Jump to content

Anwar El Ghazi


Recommended Posts

  • VT Supporter
10 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

this is spot on. I think we can all agree that if the owners are serious, we will need better quality than Ghazi. But he is definitely good enough to be our bench option for the next year or two. 

In comparison, Everton spent up to 34 mil on Iwobi (4x as much as Ghazi) and he has 1 goal this season

Blink 182 Reaction GIF

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
2 hours ago, lexicon said:

So what you're saying is that we should buy better players than the ones we sell?

yes.

and in the past, that hasn't always been the case.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
On 04/05/2021 at 20:55, Vive_La_Villa said:

Can’t really argue with a goal every other game :)

a goal every 2 games is top class, below is world class.....3 is reasonable, 4 is drifting to meh.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
14 hours ago, Okonokos said:

Me too. Not got a bad word to say about him.

I love his song.....its cool.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

Not sure, I’ve been asked not to climb through his bathroom window again.

perhaps the first time, he got the hint....that you love him and spurned you.😉

Edited by TRO
Link to post
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Well, if there's any truth to this Roma/Mourinho rumour with AEG, it will be interesting to see how we respond.

Sell, sell, sell for me.  If we can make a profit on him and put it into a better wide player then everyone is a winner.

I think he will be more suited to the Italian game - slower pace/less frantic - as well.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

Sell, sell, sell for me.  If we can make a profit on him and put it into a better wide player then everyone is a winner.

I think he will be more suited to the Italian game - slower pace/less frantic - as well.

I agree. Roma is a pretty nice move for him too. Lovely city. Great people.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

this is spot on. I think we can all agree that if the owners are serious, we will need better quality than Ghazi. But he is definitely good enough to be our bench option for the next year or two. 

In comparison, Everton spent up to 34 mil on Iwobi (4x as much as Ghazi) and he has 1 goal this season

Just because Everton have done some poor business - I didn't think richarlison, at 50m +, looked that much better the other night, although he clearly is! - it doesn't mean we shouldn't look for better.  Arsenal must have thought all of their Christmases had come at once when they sold Iwobi for 34m, until they put that, plus a shed load more, into Pepe!!

I am hoping that AEG is not here for another season, let alone two.  His stats look decent - goal scoring this season - but he adds little else, just like CH(whose stats can also look decent) in my opinion.  I also thinks he lacks heart and commitment - if things are going well he can look good, at times, but if things are going badly, as they have been recently, El Ghazi is not the man you want in the trenches with you!  I think he would be much better suited to a less physical league on the continent.

But I do think we will get our money back plus on AEG and if we were to re-invest that in, say, Rashica (potentially similar price given his short contract/club's desparation for funds) or Olise, I would view that as a very smart upgrade!

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

Just because Everton have done some poor business - I didn't think richarlison, at 50m +, looked that much better the other night, although he clearly is! - it doesn't mean we shouldn't look for better.  Arsenal must have thought all of their Christmases had come at once when they sold Iwobi for 34m, until they put that, plus a shed load more, into Pepe!!

I am hoping that AEG is not here for another season, let alone two.  His stats look decent - goal scoring this season - but he adds little else, just like CH(whose stats can also look decent) in my opinion.  I also thinks he lacks heart and commitment - if things are going well he can look good, at times, but if things are going badly, as they have been recently, El Ghazi is not the man you want in the trenches with you!  I think he would be much better suited to a less physical league on the continent.

But I do think we will get our money back plus on AEG and if we were to re-invest that in, say, Rashica (potentially similar price given his short contract/club's desparation for funds) or Olise, I would view that as a very smart upgrade!

a smart upgrade based on...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

Just because Everton have done some poor business - I didn't think richarlison, at 50m +, looked that much better the other night, although he clearly is! - it doesn't mean we shouldn't look for better.  Arsenal must have thought all of their Christmases had come at once when they sold Iwobi for 34m, until they put that, plus a shed load more, into Pepe!!

I am hoping that AEG is not here for another season, let alone two.  His stats look decent - goal scoring this season - but he adds little else, just like CH(whose stats can also look decent) in my opinion.  I also thinks he lacks heart and commitment - if things are going well he can look good, at times, but if things are going badly, as they have been recently, El Ghazi is not the man you want in the trenches with you!  I think he would be much better suited to a less physical league on the continent.

But I do think we will get our money back plus on AEG and if we were to re-invest that in, say, Rashica (potentially similar price given his short contract/club's desparation for funds) or Olise, I would view that as a very smart upgrade!

I think you are kind of missing the point that a few of us are trying to make here. I don't think any of us disagree we need an upgrade on Ghazi, but if we sell him we would likely be in the market for another winger as well. Why not just keep Ghazi and sign another winger? Smith loves to rotate his winger options and going into the season with Traore, Jack, and New signing as our only winger options is not ideal. 

 

Also, I'd love to sign Olise, but I think it's unfair to consider him an upgrade on Ghazi because he hasn't played at the top level (only with Reading in the championship). 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Also, I'd love to sign Olise, but I think it's unfair to consider him an upgrade on Ghazi because he hasn't played at the top level (only with Reading in the championship). 

Exactly. 

Just like no amount of hot air can prove Rashica will definitely be an upgrade.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

a smart upgrade based on...

Based on the fact that Rashica has 2 goals and 1 assist in 1323 minutes of Bundesliga football, and has nice YouTube videos.

Exactly the type of player that we need.  Really really wants to be here too from what I gather. Exactly the type of person I’d want in the trenches with me.

So I too wish we trade our 1 goal every 2 games in the premier league player plus a wad of cash on this guy.

You know it makes sense.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
18 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I agree. Roma is a pretty nice move for him too. Lovely city. Great people.

Rome....Love the place.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter

Our squad is small in comparison to the top clubs, why can't we keep El Ghazi and just add another player.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

Sell, sell, sell for me.  If we can make a profit on him and put it into a better wide player then everyone is a winner.

I think he will be more suited to the Italian game - slower pace/less frantic - as well.

Roma have no money though so probably wont be making much if he goes there

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Thug said:

Based on the fact that Rashica has 2 goals and 1 assist in 1323 minutes of Bundesliga football, and has nice YouTube videos.

Exactly the type of player that we need.  Really really wants to be here too from what I gather. Exactly the type of person I’d want in the trenches with me.

So I too wish we trade our 1 goal every 2 games in the premier league player plus a wad of cash on this guy.

You know it makes sense.

 

Season 3 Episode 10 GIF by The Simpsons

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â