Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

5 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'd argue it should have helped him as well. Considering how much of our play went and goes through Jack, it opens up so much space for the other wing, but AEG never seemed able to do anything effective with it. 

It only opens up space if our rcm and rb come short and overlap for el ghazi but they rarely do so it remains a 2 or 3 on  against el ghazi. He gets little to no support from our players and people keep blaming him for not excelling. He is a decent PL winger. He is a starter for a bottom 5 team for us he is our 3rd or 4th choice which is perfectly fine for us. 

9 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

It only opens up space if our rcm and rb come short and overlap for el ghazi but they rarely do so it remains a 2 or 3 on  against el ghazi. He gets little to no support from our players and people keep blaming him for not excelling. He is a decent PL winger. He is a starter for a bottom 5 team for us he is our 3rd or 4th choice which is perfectly fine for us. 

I'm not so sure about that. He's a decent championship winger mind. 

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I think without a proper creative player there he doesn't get the ball in dangerous positions. In the Championship, especially when he was on the left, he'd be running onto the ball where he could then make something happen. Last season he was receiving the ball basically only from Elmo/Guilbert at a standstill. You'd need to be an extraordinary player like Jack to make something happen from there.

It's not like Jedinak, Whelan, Elmo, Hourihane, Lansbury just ran the show and created a ton of chances in the championship. AEG just did better cause he met worse players, he saw more of the ball and challenged players at his own level. Pretty much every fullback he meets in the PL is s better footballer than him and that's why he struggles. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Did well and liked him in championship. Hoped he do well in the premier league but he’s not up to this standard. No room for sentiment at this level. I’m surprised we’ve not offered him in a cash plus player for Rashica? He’s more suited to the German or Dutch league. 

19 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It's not like Jedinak, Whelan, Elmo, Hourihane, Lansbury just ran the show and created a ton of chances in the championship. AEG just did better cause he met worse players, he saw more of the ball and challenged players at his own level. Pretty much every fullback he meets in the PL is s better footballer than him and that's why he struggles. 

Two seasons ago, our midfield was Grealish, McGinn, Hourihane/Whelan. Jedinak only featured in defence, but that was plenty creative enough for our front players partly because like you say the players were worse in that league. Now in the PL, try to get Hourihane to play a through ball to El Ghazi/Trez beyond a PL fullback's reach. It ain't gonna happen.

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Get rid of him at the first opportunity. 

Soft as shit and doesn't have the mindset to make it at this level. 

As it looks like we're investing heavily I agree.

I think he was a good buy for the price but just doesn't have it in between the ears. If Smith can't get it out of him, no one can. He won't get more encouragement from any other coach.

The miss at Everton sums him up. Anyone else at the club would have at least tried to score but again Anwar's first thought was not getting hurt.

Pretending to be hurt because you've been tackled. Shirking challenge after challenge. Missing sitter after sitter. I'm bored of watching it unfold tbh.

Trezeguet is rightly ahead of him because he tries harder. And he's absolutely rubbish at football.

The penny will never drop for more than two games in a row.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I think he was a good buy for the price but just doesn't have it in between the ears. If Smith can't get it out of him, no one can. He won't get more encouragement from any other coach.

The miss at Everton sums him up. Anyone else at the club would have at least tried to score but again Anwar's first thought was not getting hurt.

Pretending to be hurt because you've been tackled. Shirking challenge after challenge. Missing sitter after sitter. I'm bored of watching it unfold tbh.

Trezeguet is rightly ahead of him because he tries harder. And he's absolutely rubbish at football.

🤣

20 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Get a grip.

• Haha 1

He seems a nice guy and i thank him for his efforts in the Championship and his play off final goal but the reality is, the Premier League is a step too far. 

Should look to move him on as soon as possible. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Assist? Ramsey set up the second didn’t he?

I only seen the highlight from the Sky clip, player was dribbling like El Ghazi so I just thought was him, though it seems Flashscore have said it was actually Ramsey

4 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Or because jack was in the middle and created space and played passes for el ghazi to run onto. 

10 minutes ago, Jareth said:

As this Villa side improves in quality it's pulling further and further away from AEG's level. 

Hopefully he’ll push himself to improve with better players around him

i haven’t quite given up on him yet

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 3

Â