Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

23 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I don’t get AEG: I think there is a player in there. I love to see a determined AEG on the wing but I’m afraid he seems to has lost his way with us and seeing him in full flight is now rare

sounds painful

*Kenneth Williams Gif*

• Haha 1

How many out and out right-footed right wingers are there in football now? I feel like the game has progressed to a point where inverted wingers are most effective, and I think he's played most of his career before last year on the left. We're asking him to a classic 4-4-2 right winger trying to beat his fullback and put a cross in for the striker where his game is really more suited to cutting in from the left and crossing an in-swinger or getting a shot off on goal. I imagine if Traore comes in, he'll become rotation for Rashica whereas Trez who plays better on the right will be Traore's competition.

This is the review on Ghazi and I must say it seem like more of the same and it's a shame but I do not think hes got what it takes to be a premier footballer:

A quiet night for the Dutchman who looks set for more cup outings than Premier League starts this season given the impending arrival of Bertrand Traore. Didn't get involved enough at Burton, though, despite swapping wings with Grealish in the second half. Winger was on set piece duty throughout but, overall, was lacklustre.

I like him, seems a chirpy pleasant character but he's way out of his depth at this level. In truth he only played well in about 10 Championship games, I'm not even sure he's more than a squad player at Championship level. 

If we can get rid I wouldn't blink. 

Edited by sidcow

Just now, sidcow said:

I like him, seems a chirpy pleasant character but he's way out of his depth at this level. In truth he only played well in about 10 Championship ganes, I'm not even sure he's more than a squad player at Championship level. 

If we can get rid I wouldn't blink. 

Yeah I honestly think he's mid table championship level.

A completely nothing player at prem level.

For all trez's issues last season, at least trez works his ass off.

I think the issue is when we play jack on the left the ball very rarely comes to him and it is hard to get in the game and find your rhythm. And once the first pass comes to him and he isn't ready it pings off and it just goes down hill from there. I think if we were finding him earlier in the game he would look a lot better. Like when we played Liverpool away after restart he looked dour best player for 3p minutes until him and Trez switched sides and he stopped getting the ball for 5-10 minutes and then he did nothing the rest of the game. I think it is the same with a lot of players especially wingers if you don't go to them early they can't get in the game and they lose their mojo. 

And once you are feeling like crap your motivation goes and your running and movement stops, including defensive work. Again the Liverpool game el ghazi was great defensively until they brought on firminho and the like and as we gradually lost more and more possession el ghazi loomed worse and worse defensively.

I hope we figure out how to get the best out of him soon because if he could get his confidence back he could be a very good player in my opinion. He can beat a man (although really only one at a time) he has a good shot with both feet and is a good crosser and he is very good at finding space in the box and getting on the end of loose balls (but again he seems unprepared for them even though he regularly gets them). 

It’s a shame, he looked good and endeared himself to the fans while in the Championship (and was brilliant in the POF) but has barely put in a performance since we were promoted. 

He has ability but we rarely ever see it, scored a super goal against WBA & has scored some stunners for Ajax when he was younger.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

He won’t get a look in with the signings we are looking to make and will either be sold or quickly have to raise his game (and attitude) substantially.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

He seems to have lost his confidence. The problem is he does not really work hard when things are not going well. I think it’s a good time to move him on. He’s given us some great moments but we need better now.

I agree, he looks half the player he was with us in the championship.

Handy to keep for Cup games and squad depth etc. although I wouldn't be too disappointed if he was moved on either.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I’ll always have a place for him because of the Wembley goal but I think he’s hit his ceiling for us. 

That goal and the eruption of emotion it created will never be forgotten, partially forgetting the pain of the previous year and the feeling we could be on the way back with Wembley rocking to a deafening rendition of Allez Alllez as the half time whistle blew. Thank Anwar 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

He seems to have lost his confidence. The problem is he does not really work hard when things are not going well. I think it’s a good time to move him on. He’s given us some great moments but we need better now.

Yes I think confidence is certainly the issue because he definitely has the ability to be a PL player in my view. I think he really struggles with mental side though. To be charitable maybe fitness was an issue last night but to see him not go past a man once and have zero impact against a league one team really highlights where he is now vs Championship season and Play off final especially. 

If Traore and Rashica come with Jack, Trez he’s going to be 5th choice at best. 

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I agree, he looks half the player he was with us in the championship.

He's at the same level as he was in the championship, the issue is that the teams we are playing are much better now and that's why he's out of his depth. He's not good enough to be a premier league player IMO

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tinker said:

His corners were woeful last night. Can understand him having an off game but surely someone else can take a corner ? 

Can't fault him for that, he's just keeping up a long standing Villa tradition. Similar to our uncanny ability not be able to take a throw in. 

WDFAFC.

Â