Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

3 hours ago, ramshackler said:

Sorry I'm just not having any part of that. I have played academy and semi pro level myself.

But even a parks player who is in anyway decent would be very upset at themselves for missing that!

AEG is a professional paid thousands a week. You know when that close to goal you may not get a clean contact, rule number one is make contact and keep it down and on target, whether it's with your foot/ shin/thigh. At that range keep it down and on target.

He went In half hearted expecting to get clattered and didn't keep his eye on the ball

No he went in at full speed with the ball at an awkward position and height. Whilst he should have done better. Pickford was close enough if he just went straight it would have been saved. The reason why people are complaining about el ghazi is that they hate him. Targett is just as at fault for us losing that game maybe more. He was hiding under mings for walcotts goal instead of marking his man like a full back should.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

No he went in at full speed with the ball at an awkward position and height. Whilst he should have done better. Pickford was close enough if he just went straight it would have been saved. The reason why people are complaining about el ghazi is that they hate him. Targett is just as at fault for us losing that game maybe more. He was hiding under mings for walcotts goal instead of marking his man like a full back should.

You are right about Targett and wrong about El Ghazi.....in so much as he is a pussy, probably both are.

no need to elaborate.

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

He ain’t a bad player, just needs to grow a pair instead of going off injured when the going gets tough 

and the misses, oh lord the misses.....dont think i have ever seen the 2-3 misses he had this season that a conference player could have scored.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

and the misses, oh lord the misses.....dont think i have ever seen the 2-3 misses he had this season that a conference player could have scored.

That’s true, only plus is that he’s in them positions just needs to convert the chances he gets himself in

• Like 1

I see loads of potential with Ghazi. All the attributes a player could want but he just not what we need to move forward. I see weakness in his will and a player too easily bullied. Disappointed in him tbh.  

• Like 3

Just now, avfc1982am said:

I see loads of potential with Ghazi. All the attributes a player could want but he just not what we need to move forward. I see weakness in his will and a player too easily bullied. Disappointed in him tbh.  

He retreats into his shell far too easily. I hope the intense competition for places we'll hopefully be bringing in will give him a kick up his ass. No time for being weak when you got two 25/30m wingers starting ahead of you.

• Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

He retreats into his shell far too easily. I hope the intense competition for places we'll hopefully be bringing in will give him a kick up his ass. No time for being weak when you got two 25/30m wingers starting ahead of you.

I don't think he's got it in him. I think he suits a possession based team where he can sit high without the hard graft. We are nowhere near that place yet. It disappoints me though because when I first saw him I thought....Ooh, Cristiano Ronaldo! Now I just think, F**** Sake! 

He is a fine squad player to have at the club, but for our aspirations to move further up the league I think he needs (and will get this summer) someone to really challenge and stretch him in his position for a starting spot going forward.

• Like 2

I’m not sure he’s as mentally strong as the usual footballer these days, adding up a few things seems to give that impression:

Mings losing it with him early in the season, almost came to blows (can’t remember who it was against).

No one seeming to care when he got the head injury (again, can’t remember who it was against).

A few mins after coming on against Everton he bottled a header which was his to win and someone must have had a go at him as you could see him get defensive and have a go back.

I remember when he signed he did a silly club video in a car, he came across like a really decent person, sadly decent people don’t make it to the top these days, it seems you need that bit of arrogance and bellend-ness about you, just not sure it’s him.

• Like 2

He's wildly inconsistant. All wingers are to a degree but given he had decent level of euro experience with Ajax when we signed him you'd expect him to be a more rounded player by now especially as he played a decent part in getting us up in the end.

What summed him up last year was first half v Spurs when he was brilliant. Direct wide play set up the own goal and he had some decent shots and runs. The next week v Southampton he didn't fancy it and went off after 20 minutes. Injury was so bad he started the cup final 8 days later and set up the goal for Samatta. Then back to offering little at Leicester.

I'd keep him but only as a squad player. He's another who if he starts 20 + games next season will suggest our transfer business wasn't as great as it could be.

Some similarities to how good and bad C. Ronaldo was when he first started playing in the PL from a performance perspective.  Sadly, AEG is 6 years older than Cristiano was at the same performance level.

The mentality that AEG has shown suggests he will not overcome the bad parts of his game, and is rapidly runnning out of time to deliver on his potential.  Hopefully he proves me wrong as there's definitely a PL player hiding in their if he puts his mind to it. Would keep as a backup fpr next season and if no sign of improvement its time to move on. 

On 11/08/2020 at 17:55, bannedfromHandV said:

I’m not sure he’s as mentally strong as the usual footballer these days, adding up a few things seems to give that impression:

Mings losing it with him early in the season, almost came to blows (can’t remember who it was against).

No one seeming to care when he got the head injury (again, can’t remember who it was against).

A few mins after coming on against Everton he bottled a header which was his to win and someone must have had a go at him as you could see him get defensive and have a go back.

I remember when he signed he did a silly club video in a car, he came across like a really decent person, sadly decent people don’t make it to the top these days, it seems you need that bit of arrogance and bellend-ness about you, just not sure it’s him.

Don't forget when he lost it and assaulted Bamford the season before.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

I can't understand the hatred he gets on here. I think he has struggled this season due to a lack of movement around him and a lack of confidence. But this man broke his fast to send us to the premier league for that he will always have my thanks. 

But that doesnt make him exempt from this season and being torn apart for how he was and how he performed so badly.

He's not hated, hes just played awful all season and doesnt look the player he did in the championship, maybe that's just Ghazi's level.

Â