Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

How many times has smith used youth? He hasnt started one youth player in the league

Exactly if its something Smith has done wrong since being at Villa it's not giving youth a serious chance.

The bloke came out and sat down at a press conference and said if they deserve the chance he would give them ago and the only time hes done that unfortunately is when weve had injurys.

You cant tell me that Ramsey or Vasilev wasnt worth giving them a good run while Trez, Ghazi and Jota were cocking up there games week in week out for a when season pretty much. That alone they were worth letting them loose, another would of to give them some much needed game time at a higher level.

SMITH has let Youth down big time,they impressed in there time on the pitch earlier in the season.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, momo said:

People are so optimistic

Way to optimistic there, optimism launched way up into space thinking Ghazi could save our season.

38 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Exactly if its something Smith has done wrong since being at Villa it's not giving youth a serious chance.

The bloke came out and sat down at a press conference and said if they deserve the chance he would give them ago and the only time hes done that unfortunately is when weve had injurys.

You cant tell me that Ramsey or Vasilev wasnt worth giving them a good run while Trez, Ghazi and Jota were cocking up there games week in week out for a when season pretty much. That alone they were worth letting them loose, another would of to give them some much needed game time at a higher level.

SMITH has let Youth down big time,they impressed in there time on the pitch earlier in the season.

To be fair to Jota. He’s not had much of a chance so he’s hardly cocked it up week in week out.

Edited by Killeen30

a fan-page on instagram posted a picture and a caption basically telling blokes to stop abusing him just because of the miss. 

He actually liked the post, and I think a lot of people forget how toxic social media can get for players (and in general famous people) without realizing how damaging that can be to the person (Anwar in this case). 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Dave-R said:

This a 100x times. El fhazi has been crap 75% of the season as had trez. Jota hasnt started a game since last year.

I would not have been opposed to trying a youth player either to mix it up. I did think smith was more a coach that likes devloping youngsters and giving them a chance  but he hasnt given anyone a opportunity 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Dave-R said:

It’s largely been acknowledged that our team is as a group naive and that has cost us a lot this season. We are in a relegation fight and you think that playing kids is the answer?

Edited by DaveAV1

7 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

I think a lot of people forget how toxic social media can get for players (and in general famous people) without realizing how damaging that can be to the person (Anwar in this case). 

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

There is not a chance I would be on or read social media if I was a footballer.

There's not a chance I would be on any social media platform regardless of being a footballer or not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

This a 100x times. El fhazi has been crap 75% of the season as had trez. Jota hasnt started a game since last year.

I would not have been opposed to trying a youth player either to mix it up. I did think smith was more a coach that likes devloping youngsters and giving them a chance  but he hasnt given anyone a opportunity 

The smart move for Smith now would be to do as you say and mix it up against arsenal, Ditch Ghazi and have Trez on bench and use Vasilev and Ramsey. There hasnt been any way we have kept teams guessing. Other clubs do one homework against us because they know the team were going to field. Other clubs have been using youth through the season so why are we not?? They sure as hell In other teams have made impacts, why cant ours. I dont think its strictly down to youth are not good enough, i think that's an excuse to play the players we've signed for alot of money, its more like Smith as a Coach leaning on favourite players like many a manager before him. I do always wonder if one of our main reasons for not playing youth is because we spent so much on players who don't play good regularly on field. You go out and buy players and you then need them to be playing because they cost big money, for a guy in charge surely it does or must show some weakness if you start favouring youth over the expensive flops, or at least these managers think its weakness that you had to turn to Youth.

It really must be similar to sticking with a formation all season knowing it's going wrong, yet still sticking to your guns and being stubborn. If theres a possible answer there but still stick by what you have been doing all season long because in the eyes of everyone else if you start changing now, your seen as someone giving up rather than utilising everything available to you. It's a strange thinking world football is at times. Why on earth a coach like Smith who comes in and sends a message that youth will be given a run in on his watch, only back track on it all and not bother, there has to be some sort of mental block for that to happen. Part of me thinks it's because we demand so much at Villa that expectation is felt straight away as soon as failure on the pitch sets in. Must feel to the coach/manager that they are backed into the corner that he feels he has one heck of a fight to get out of, it must feel claustrophobic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

It’s largely been acknowledged that our team is as a group naive and that has cost us a lot this season. We are in a relegation fight and you think that playing kids is the answer?

I think partly why its cost us alot because we have played the same bunch week in week out, no randomness to match days at all. Clubs have found us out because the home work is easy on us compared to most in this league. I feel we go to the championship and play like we did here it will be more of the same. I do absolutely think changing things up with youth in some games would of given us better results across the board, even if it's to only let other players rest like our first eleven. For example In big games against City, liverpool so on, we had hardly any hope of winning with the team we had, wouldnt it of been best to rest players?? give youth ago then on a game we certainly had no Hope's of winning and gaining points bring back fully refreshed players, makes sense does it not?? We may of given top six teams a good run here and there but we was never really in it for the three points, not while we scrapping for relegation. You give your games you cant win to the youth, you see what they can do and you know how to utilise them and what they can do. Apart from playing teams there own level I do actually wonder if we really know what the U23s can really do. Which brings me to the next part, how many youth have we recently let go and are planning to let go, more than what we should of and that's because we failed them. We have failed youth at level, failed to give them some games at top flight, failed at finding them real experience in time for when they should be arriving at first team football with us for when they come at that age they should be embeddingin with us.

To me and to many they stopped being kids the moment they turned 18, I dont like using youth for them but for some reason I do because everyone else does. They are young adults that like any other job need to be given a way into improving and reaching the very top, I feel we have failed at giving them the opportunity to do that and it does'nt seem like that there is hope for them under Smith.

Youth needs experience, we are not giving it to them except by playing teams there own level, it's not enough, they need to be playing teams/players that are better than them, that they can learn from. You dont learn if all your doing is playing against players who you are better at. We have players in our youth team who could of helped us make a difference for one reason or another, playing youth would of given us more on the field DaveAV1

I just hope that come championship this changes and we have our under 23s play more in first team..

Edited by Dave-R

7 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I think partly why its cost us alot because we have played the same bunch week in week out, no randomness to match days at all. Clubs have found us out because the home work is easy on us compared to most in this league. I feel we go to the championship and play like we did here it will be more of the same. I do absolutely think changing things up with youth in some games would of given us better results across the board, even if it's to only let other players rest like our first eleven. For example In big games against City, liverpool so on, we had hardly any hope of winning with the team we had, wouldnt it of been best to rest players?? give youth ago then on a game we certainly had Hope's of winning and gaining points bring back fully refreshed players, makes sense does it not?? We may of given top six teams a good run here and there but we was never really in it for the three points, not while we scrapping for relegation. You give your games you cant win to the youth, you see what they can do and you know how to utilise them and what they can do. Apart from playing teams there own level I do actually wonder if we really know what the U23s can really do. Which brings me to the next part, how many youth have we recently let go and are planning to let go, more than what we should of and that's because we failed them. We have failed youth at level, failed to give them some games at top flight, failed at finding them real experience in time for when they should be arriving at first team football with us for when they come at that age they should be embeddingin with us.

Youth needs experience, we are not giving it to them except by playing teams there own level, it's not enough, they need to be playing teams/players that are better than them, that they can learn from. You dont learn if all your doing is playing against players who you are better at. We have players in our youth team who could of helped us make a difference for one reason or another, playing youth would of given us more on the field DaveAV1

If Smith has played a load of kids against the likes of Liverpool we would have been slaughtered and so would the confidence of the kids. No manager plays kids in tough games, they need to build them slowly, introducing them in games where we are comfortable for the last 20 minutes or so. Since we have never been in that position, apart from Norwich, this season it’s not really been a season to bring kids through. 

You’re right in that as a club we haven’t brought enough talent through the ranks over the years. I believe we are trying to address this now, but it will take time. It’s certainly not a thing that Dean Smith can be blamed for. 

8 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

There is not a chance I would be on or read social media if I was a footballer.

True but im sure his parents or siblings would still go on then to read the abuse he is getting. I would say its more of a strain for them than the players itself 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

The smart move for Smith now would be to do as you say and mix it up against arsenal, Ditch Ghazi and have Trez on bench and use Vasilev and Ramsey. There hasnt been any way we have kept teams guessing. Other clubs do one homework against us because they know the team were going to field. Other clubs have been using youth through the season so why are we not?? They sure as hell In other teams have made impacts, why cant ours. I dont think its strictly down to youth are not good enough, i think that's an excuse to play the players we've signed for alot of money, its more like Smith as a Coach leaning on favourite players like many a manager before him. I do always wonder if one of our main reasons for not playing youth is because we spent so much on players who don't play good regularly on field. You go out and buy players and you then need them to be playing because they cost big money, for a guy in charge surely it does or must show some weakness if you start favouring youth over the expensive flops, or at least these managers think its weakness that you had to turn to Youth.

It really must be similar to sticking with a formation all season knowing it's going wrong, yet still sticking to your guns and being stubborn. If theres a possible answer there but still stick by what you have been doing all season long because in the eyes of everyone else if you start changing now, your seen as someone giving up rather than utilising everything available to you. It's a strange thinking world football is at times. Why on earth a coach like Smith who comes in and sends a message that youth will be given a run in on his watch, only back track on it all and not bother, there has to be some sort of mental block for that to happen. Part of me thinks it's because we demand so much at Villa that expectation is felt straight away as soon as failure on the pitch sets in. Must feel to the coach/manager that they are backed into the corner that he feels he has one heck of a fight to get out of, it must feel claustrophobic.

Good plan but smith would never do it. It will be same old trez or el ghazi starting with either samatta or davis starting (prob davis this week) then he will make subs 10 mins too late doung a like for like swap aeg for trez or vice versa and same with davis and samatta.

I would definitely go two up top against arsenal. Their defence is woeful. We need pace so he needs to gwt skme pacey players on the bench.

We have to fight to the death tuesday night

9 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

a fan-page on instagram posted a picture and a caption basically telling blokes to stop abusing him just because of the miss. 

He actually liked the post, and I think a lot of people forget how toxic social media can get for players (and in general famous people) without realizing how damaging that can be to the person (Anwar in this case). 

I've said it in the past, and been chastised for it.

It's as if they forget these are humans as well.

Young guys, who undoubtedly are also active on social media.

Now if it was the Roy Keane types it's a different story but they are not.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

Yeah I agree.

I might not be a fan of Ghazi now and I see him as a player who cant offer nothing at the moment because all season long he has been bad for us apart from the start. Despite that though it does t make me feel I have to threaten him or say things that are nasty, that's pointless and it's also disgusting. I'd love nothing more for Ghazi to show himself again but really I think it's best we sell him because hes not working out.

Giving abuse over social media to our players from our own fans is embarrassing and it's so disrespectful, it should be stopped.

I cant stand the way Zaha was racially abused, that was so nasty by that 12 year old who got arrested for it. It's coming to the point that social media Aespecially facebook and twitter have become breeding grounds for hate.

• Like 1

Whilst for many reasons to do with AEGs attitude, I'd have like to have seen youth given a chance, I think some in this thread genuinely expect a bit much from our young players. Vassilev is never going to be to our standard. I mean look at RHM, oft touted as worth a chance in our team by many on here. A woefully inadequate player who when released the best he could find was pafos FC, Cypriot first division!

Bottom line is, playing these youngsters would only be a kick up the arse / punishment for players like AEG, as they are not good enough

Putting my tin hat on.....

Both my lads have played academy level football and one has played semi pro. They both said you can tell who’s played football at a decent level because the Everton chance wasn’t as straightforward as it appeared, the ball was behind him which is why he connected with his heel.

In their opinion the stick he got from the miss was unjustified.

44 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

Both my lads have played academy level football and one has played semi pro. They both said you can tell who’s played football at a decent level because the Everton chance wasn’t as straightforward as it appeared, the ball was behind him which is why he connected with his heel.

Sorry I'm just not having any part of that. I have played academy and semi pro level myself.

But even a parks player who is in anyway decent would be very upset at themselves for missing that!

AEG is a professional paid thousands a week. You know when that close to goal you may not get a clean contact, rule number one is make contact and keep it down and on target, whether it's with your foot/ shin/thigh. At that range keep it down and on target.

He went In half hearted expecting to get clattered and didn't keep his eye on the ball

5 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

There's not a chance I would be on any social media platform regardless of being a footballer or not.

That’s easy to say, but if you’re i) young and Ii) going to be famous and could make an extra £1m a year from being on it. i think you’d have different thoughts on it 

1 hour ago, Robbie09 said:

To be fair I don't think you have to have played any level of Football to realise these things happen.

We don't even need any technical looks at it.

The main reason this is such a "thing" for everyone is due to the end result of the match, so that frustration is spilling over.

The best players in the world have missed sitters.

I don't even think he expected the ball to be that perfect, and he had not long come on either, so wasn't fully in the swing of things yet.

Pure bad luck IMO, 99 percent of the time that even goes in by accident.

Â