Jump to content
Villan4Life

Anwar El Ghazi

Recommended Posts

Amazed he played today. After faking an injury and once again showing how soft he is. 

Wonder if anyone will apologise for the stupid posts made previously. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cross was brilliant and on his wrong foot, looking at replays he picks out Samatta too not just a hoof. Unlucky with his header early on as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's much better on the left but we've had to accommodate Jack out there. Still miles better than Trezeguet even on the right.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Can't believe we took him off

Because that's "the sub" Smith does. I'm getting pretty **** tired of it to be honest.

It's like rugby or something. It gets to 65-75 mins and he makes that sub regardless. Is he watching?

El Ghazi was pretending to be hurt the other day sorry everyone. Exactly the same as Burnley at home earlier in the season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Because that's "the sub" Smith does. I'm getting pretty **** tired of it to be honest.

It's like rugby or something. It gets to 65-75 mins and he makes that sub regardless. Is he watching?

El Ghazi was pretending to be hurt the other day sorry everyone. Exactly the same as Burnley at home earlier in the season.

Earlier in the season he took so much flak for not using his subs. He can't win sometimes.

I personally thought he should have kept our whole 11 unchanged and gambled on having 3 subs for extra time, but we can't see the player stats that he can see. You don't know if players have started tailing off.

El Ghazi played okay today, but I think everyone who criticised him for going off vs Southampton has been proven right. Pretty disappointed with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 25/02/2020 at 16:04, Mic09 said:

I wish we had a medical team that is in constant communication with the management to discuss a player's ability to continue to play. 

I also wish the player had direct interaction with his manager (I don't know, maybe on daily basis during training sessions?) so that they can discuss their fitness level and any possible injuries that might have occurred. 

Some of the suggestions that 'he could have carried on, I carried on when I broke my wrist in Sunday league in '97' are so detached from the reality of professional sporting world that I am astounded you even understand the rules of the game.

 

On 25/02/2020 at 16:14, Keyblade said:

I don't think anyone's denying he picks up niggly injuries, it's the insinuation that he's faking them that is objectionable. 

 

On 25/02/2020 at 12:57, DCJonah said:

Why would they have to say anything?

A few idiots on a forum isn't worthy of a response. 

 

On 25/02/2020 at 12:57, DCJonah said:

Great.

So you should easily be able to tell them us. Clearly they are very memorable. 

Once again this thread becomes an embarrassment  

 

On 25/02/2020 at 12:53, Tom13 said:

My initial reaction to AEG going off was oh come on, surely he could have carried on. But my temper was already under pressure from how badly we were playing.

However, I've not seen it myself but I refuse to believe (no matter how many **** opinions I read) that he went off without reason, just not having it. Like someone said, he got headbutted last week, bravely going for a header, and carried on. He seems a timid character, but let's cut him some slack, he's been decent for us this season.

 

On 25/02/2020 at 08:57, lexicon said:

Probably don't want to dignify the nonsense with an answer. 

Are you all still satisfied with what AEG did vs Southampton?

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I got it wrong obvs, thought we might not see him again after last week but played well today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KentVillan said:

 

 

 

 

 

Are you all still satisfied with what AEG did vs Southampton?

What? Him playing a game 8 days later doesn't change anything. What did you think, he'd be out for 3 weeks with a head knock?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Amazed he played today. After faking an injury and once again showing how soft he is. 

Wonder if anyone will apologise for the stupid posts made previously. 

Nobody needs to apologise for disagreeing with you my man.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't get him. You'd expect a player like him to turn up against the crap teams and bottle the big games. He is the exact opposite. A big game player. Loves the big stage and playing against the best teams.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Because that's "the sub" Smith does. I'm getting pretty **** tired of it to be honest.

It's like rugby or something. It gets to 65-75 mins and he makes that sub regardless. Is he watching?

El Ghazi was pretending to be hurt the other day sorry everyone. Exactly the same as Burnley at home earlier in the season.

I feel like I complain about it every week now...Trez is definitely a decent player but I don't think he is currently in-form at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Earlier in the season he took so much flak for not using his subs. He can't win sometimes.

I personally thought he should have kept our whole 11 unchanged and gambled on having 3 subs for extra time, but we can't see the player stats that he can see. You don't know if players have started tailing off.

El Ghazi played okay today, but I think everyone who criticised him for going off vs Southampton has been proven right. Pretty disappointed with him.

Were you disappointed with Elmo today for backing into their left back and falling over like he’d been shot, winning us the free kick which led to a rare chance to get the ball into the area?

No you weren’t.  
 

Like I said before, I don’t think AEG went off because of the knock he took to his head, but rather the reaction of our own players towards him pretty much left him with little choice (in his own mind)

Was his reaction idiotic? Yes.  Did he deserve the abuse he got in here after it? no.

is he (by some distance) the best winger we have? Yes.

Edited by Thug
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Nobody needs to apologise for disagreeing with you my man.

They certainly don't and I would never ask them to. 

The apology should be towards the player they claimed faked an injury to get out of a game after 20 minutes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Are you all still satisfied with what AEG did vs Southampton?

Not sure what point you're trying to make? Why would the club issue a press release for a minor head injury? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

They certainly don't and I would never ask them to. 

The apology should be towards the player they claimed faked an injury to get out of a game after 20 minutes 

So you want them to ring him up and apologise for posts on VT that suggested he's soft as shite? I'm not sure that's a good idea because, unlikely as it seems, there's a chance he doesn't know those posts exist and it might upset him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

So you want them to ring him up and apologise for posts on VT that suggested he's soft as shite? I'm not sure that's a good idea because, unlikely as it seems, there's a chance he doesn't know those posts exist and it might upset him.

Well no I'm not expecting that. 

You're right he won't know they exist. 

Maybe not an apology. Maybe an acceptance that their pretty disgusting attitude towards him was completely unjustified. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Earlier in the season he took so much flak for not using his subs. He can't win sometimes.

I personally thought he should have kept our whole 11 unchanged and gambled on having 3 subs for extra time, but we can't see the player stats that he can see. You don't know if players have started tailing off.

El Ghazi played okay today, but I think everyone who criticised him for going off vs Southampton has been proven right. Pretty disappointed with him.

Absolutely amazing comment. 

I mean it's so ridiculous I don't know where to begin with it. 

Unbelievable arrogance and completely delusional. 

You've taken it to a new level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Absolutely amazing comment. 

I mean it's so ridiculous I don't know where to begin with it. 

Unbelievable arrogance and completely delusional. 

You've taken it to a new level. 

Tom Hanks, Prince William, and now Greta. Our celebrity fans are piling up!

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Well no I'm not expecting that. 

You're right he won't know they exist. 

Maybe not an apology. Maybe an acceptance that their pretty disgusting attitude towards him was completely unjustified. 

Huh? Him being included in the squad and performing well (admittedly) doesn't change my view of him going off with a ruptured eyelash against Southampton.

You took the opinions/criticisms so defensively you thought it meant we all now hated El Ghazi and thought he was tripe.

Those views are not mutually exclusive. I even pointed out in the pre match thread that the thinking would probably be that turns up in big games, and when he is actually up for it he can be great.

Truth is none of us know for certain what the circumstances are/were, whether Deano and squad were, or were not upset at him at the time etc.

What we do know, is that we probably had/have no better alternative than him in his position anyway, and the gravity of the game would outweigh the other minor issues. (If they exist)

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â