Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

4 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I think he's done the best he can in his situation up front. Personally thought El Ghazi was far better that Trez.

El Ghazi moves back out wide now with Samatta coming in and Trez to the bench. 

Agree. Bet he’s relieved he can go back to the wing as much as we are. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

4 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

And yet El Ghazi was the one who took a throw-in and then carried it halfway across the pitch to get our equaliser moving.

I think they are both developing into decent players. Still need more consistency but that's not a surprise. 

Yeah. I just don't see taking throw ins as a key attribute for a striker. 

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

Yeah. I just don't see taking throw ins as a key attribute for a striker. 

Yeah, agreed, but then on the other hand he's not actually a striker and we ended up with the ball in the back of the net in large part because he went past a few players then found Grealish on the edge of the box so I'm not complaining... :)

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

Hold up play and work rate was piss poor. Not impressed. 

Came to post something similar. 

He’s not a striker but tbh, some of his performances on the wing have been as bad. 

Not a fan of his at all really. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Hold up play and work rate was piss poor. Not impressed.

Then again being played out of position, so can't expect too much. 

His off the ball running was good. Were you at the game? If not then you only get to see what’s on the screen. 

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

His off the ball running was good. Were you at the game? If not then you only get to see what’s on the screen. 

Might be the case. But the screen shows perfectly well when he has the ball and competes for the ball, and they were both piss poor. 

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Possibly season defining win and people having a pop at a player. Classic VT

A player being asked to play completely out of position, too. Clearly not a striker but he gave his all over the last few games. Will be pleased to see him back on the wing against Leicester.

32 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

And yet El Ghazi was the one who took a throw-in and then carried it halfway across the pitch to get our equaliser moving.

I think they are both developing into decent players. Still need more consistency but that's not a surprise. 

Don't forget his quick feet to get out of the corner and play in Jack. He's easily our best winger. One of the last players in this squad that needs replacing at this early juncture.

• Like 1

Towards the end, once Indy came on, he was running at their defence from deep and skipping past challenges for fun.

He may not be a striker, but he's got a spring in his step at the moment and has been scoring and creating all season.  He's just inconsistent.

And that's why he cost £7m and not £40m...

• Like 4

I actually think the last few games where he has been a striker will help his career progression. He’s had to learn how to use his body strength more playing as a central striker. Moving back onto the wing now, you’d hope he won’t get so easily muscled off the ball, which has been a criticism in the past. 
At times he has great footwork and can beat a man with ease. You can see his confidence has risen again recently. Hopefully he keeps it up. 

• Like 2

Â