Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

To be honest mate I don't think it's unfair to question his mentally, and that's my biggest gripe with the kid. Some times his attitude and performance is very very good and he looks like a proper player, other times he looks woeful. He is still young and new to the PL so inconsistency is to be expected, but rather than being a 1 in 2/3 type performer it's more like a 1 in 5 or 6. 

I think he’s inconsistent but I don’t think it’s mentality. Things like playing while fasting in Ramadan - and then beyond that, eating in the day in Ramadan to give us a better chance in the playoff final - how well he has reacted at times to being benched etc, eg his winner against Everton, stuff like that means I don’t think it’s mental. His head is in the right place. He just looks a bit sulky so people think he is but I don’t think that is him at all.

Agree totally we want to see more consistency from him.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I think he’s inconsistent but I don’t think it’s mentality. Things like playing while fasting in Ramadan - and then beyond that, eating in the day in Ramadan to give us a better chance in the playoff final - how well he has reacted at times to being benched etc, eg his winner against Everton, stuff like that means I don’t think it’s mental. His head is in the right place. He just looks a bit sulky so people think he is but I don’t think that is him at all.

Agree totally we want to see more consistency from him.

I get what you're saying mate but generally when he is good it's because he is confident, and like today works hard. When he is bad he's not working hard and looks scared to run at people, to me that's an attitude issue..

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

I get what you're saying mate but generally when he is good it's because he is confident, and like today works hard. When he is bad he's not working hard and looks scared to run at people, to me that's an attitude issue..

Well, whatever it is he will be a great player if he can get more consistent and keep frustrating people if he can’t!

Just now, Adam2003 said:

Well, whatever it is he will be a great player if he can get more consistent and keep frustrating people if he can’t!

Yep, hopefully the former. Certainly got the potential to be a very good player. 

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Great penalty - glad I stayed.

Me too. Great support and gallows humour from the Holte. 

Came to life when he moved out to the wing - effort levels went up to what we need from him, wherever he's playing. Could have been instructions, maybe he just didn't want to play as a striker and was a little sulky and trying to prove a point when back in his favoured position. Either way, that's the application we need from him. 

Think it was El Ghazi who played Jack through with a fantastic pass in the first half. Unfortunately Jack didn't finish the chance, but deserves the same credit Luiz is getting for his great assist as it was a super ball.

21 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Him sprinting back today to track a runner 60 yards was what forced them to turn and pass it, allowing Luiz to read it, intercept and set up the goal. Great to see that work off the ball.

Not much fanfare for that, but when he goes off injured in a match this thread lights up and the knives come out about how he's just faking it because he's not up to it or whatever. I kind of dislike our fans to be honest.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Hornso said:

Think it was El Ghazi who played Jack through with a fantastic pass in the first half. Unfortunately Jack didn't finish the chance, but deserves the same credit Luiz is getting for his great assist as it was a super ball.

It was him and it was a beautiful pass with his wrong foot - but I think not worthy of the same credit as Luiz because Jack still had to run from the halfway line beating two men (if it’s the chance I’m thinking of, right before Brighton scored). If he meant the pass it was sensational - equally if he was just lashing it long in hope Jack could catch it that’s exactly what he should have done in that situation. 

• Like 1

El Ghazi is alright as a winger, but he's so bad as a striker I can't believe Trez isn't pushed up front. El Ghazi offers nothing. 

FWIW. Trez was a LOT better than El Ghazi tonight, so based on this Trez should get the nod above him. But they are both so up and down in their performances, it's impossible to tell what version of them will show up. 

42 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

El Ghazi is alright as a winger, but he's so bad as a striker I can't believe Trez isn't pushed up front. El Ghazi offers nothing. 

FWIW. Trez was a LOT better than El Ghazi tonight, so based on this Trez should get the nod above him. But they are both so up and down in their performances, it's impossible to tell what version of them will show up. 

And yet El Ghazi was the one who took a throw-in and then carried it halfway across the pitch to get our equaliser moving.

I think they are both developing into decent players. Still need more consistency but that's not a surprise. 

• Like 1

Â