Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

7 hours ago, Dave-R said:

His attitude with Mings I'm surprised he's gotten away with that if I were Smith had of been dealt with because you don't do that in front of thousands to your own player.

How do you know he has gotten away with it. Any disciplinary action should and would have been dealt with in private. Smith may have said something completely different to actually how it was handled

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

He actually hasn't play left wing in the league since september, but yea against Fulham he played there and was pretty underwhelming, but so was the rest of the team. 

Unfortunately if we are going to play the 3-4-3, El Ghazi will have to figure out how to play right wing. 

Didn’t he play there against Norwich at home? He certainly finished the game there and was very poor as he has been for some time. I’d agree it’s his better position but it doesn’t seem to solve the inconsistency. That’s in his head I think. 

10 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Didn’t he play there against Norwich at home? He certainly finished the game there and was very poor as he has been for some time. I’d agree it’s his better position but it doesn’t seem to solve the inconsistency. That’s in his head I think. 

I think we also need to accept that consistent strong performances from wingers cost more than £6m... so no doubt he does need to step up to keep developing. But I still like him an awful lot and think for his first season in the PL in a struggling team he’s doing ok. Look at his assist for Jack’s goal against United - his cross may actually have been aimed at Wesley but he had still gone the length of the pitch at Old Trafford to put it in! Maybe the fact he has been injured a couple of times putting in balls like that is also in his head.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I think we also need to accept that consistent strong performances from wingers cost more than £6m... so no doubt he does need to step up to keep developing. But I still like him an awful lot and think for his first season in the PL in a struggling team he’s doing ok. Look at his assist for Jack’s goal against United - his cross may actually have been aimed at Wesley but he had still gone the length of the pitch at Old Trafford to put it in! Maybe the fact he has been injured a couple of times putting in balls like that is also in his head.

I agree, for what we paid his assist and goal return is decent. If he was an option off the bench I'd be pretty happy, the problem is hes our starting winger so you expect a little more.

• Like 1

Thought he was brilliant first half. It was strange watching a forward that has pace and skill to beat a player. They were scared of him. 

If we could train him to run the channels teach him to be stronger recieving the ball with his back to goal I think he could fill in nicely as a striker. 

Still want another proper striker but a forward three of Grealish, El Ghazi and Bowen could be brilliant. 

1 hour ago, Lord Willard said:

Thought he was brilliant first half. It was strange watching a forward that has pace and skill to beat a player. They were scared of him. 

If we could train him to run the channels teach him to be stronger recieving the ball with his back to goal I think he could fill in nicely as a striker. 

Still want another proper striker but a forward three of Grealish, El Ghazi and Bowen could be brilliant. 

El ghazi is built as well. He is an inch shorter than Wes but only weighs 4 kgs less and look at the size of him. He is also heavier than mings and Hause. I think he needs a shot of confidence and I think playing striker is just the thing to do that. It says you are a great goal scorer and when you are playing well you are our 2nd most dangerous player.

Also he absolutely left one of Tielemans after Luiz got turned. You could see from about 15 yards back el ghazi was going to take him out. Was a tactical foul and stopped a break. I want to know why we don't do it more when it is so effective. 

4 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Could be a very, very good player.

Not that he is ever going to be as good as, but here's hoping, has a bit of Ronaldo about him.

Probably his best attribute in a way. Others would shirk after disappointment but El Ghazi has the belief to come back for more

• Like 1

Â