Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

El Ghazi is odd - the best thing about him is that he thinks he's really good - that means he's always trying to do things, always trying to make things happen - if he ever figures out he's not really up to that, it'll be over for him, but his inner belief that he's some sort of Ronaldo often pulls him through. 

If we want to improve, we'll need to find a way to bring in a player that's as good as El Ghazi thinks he is.

Seeing he and Elmohamady trying desperately to pass the Norwich left winger on to each other in the first half so that neither of them had to go out wide and face him up I think showed the worst of both of them.

• Like 1

He was our best attacking outlet with jack 4 games ago before his injury. Since his injury he is struggling but he isn't as shit as some are making out.  

It's ashame, he has a few half chances most games that aren't quite going in. Those go in and it's different. Wes and Trez aren't even getting into half chances 

Of our forward line (I include Jack as a midfielder) he is the one I trust the most

Felipe Anderson, Fraser, Pepe, Lucas Moura, Adama, Zaha, Deulefeu, Redmond among the many wingers who have contributed less this season. 

Someone mentioned that he'd had a bit of a twinge in the warm up. I didn't see it, but apparently he had some treatment. I'm not sure if anyone can confirm that - if it's true, there's a chance he played today after an injection - that might offer some explanation to his apparent lack of trust in what his body was telling him in the first half.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Very concerned about his consistency. If we stay up it's not clear we should keep him, we'd presumably have resources to sign better players.

he's one of our players I would give another chance to because he can be lethal on his day, albeit his days are few and far between. should definitely be as a squad player however should we survive.

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’ve never really liked him. He’s probably played 5 good games for us in his time here. The rest he looks disinterested in. 

Trezeguet isn’t good enough, but he’s far more likeable than this Prima Donna. 

but also less dangerous overall. AEG is still the better player imo even though that isn't saying much.

I don't much like changing player's positions, but I'm starting to wonder if those who suggested him as a second striker don't have something of a point. He gets in the box, and he frightens defenders when he runs with the ball, but his crossing is just about Neil Taylor level.

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

I don't much like changing player's positions, but I'm starting to wonder if those who suggested him as a second striker don't have something of a point. He gets in the box, and he frightens defenders when he runs with the ball, but his crossing is just about Neil Taylor level.

I agree. even though he easily should have scored today I think he does have some of that striker instinct in him. he really looks shot on his confidence though and as you say his crosses are gash.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

his crossing is just about Neil Taylor level.

Had a moment first half where he was completely free down the left, no pressure at all and hooked a cross straight out of play. 

14 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The role Trezeguet played against Burnley is made for him.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

He is much more of  a physical presence than Kodjia and given our dearth of options I don't think it is crazy to consider this until we bring in 1-2 strikers this month.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Smith had the opportunity to play El Ghazi through the middle today to see if he could adapt. Bottled it.

Nonsense. As he is now our only fit striker he had to give game time to Kodjia. 

Â