Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

With that logic we need a whole new team bar Jack and Heaton.

Not at all, we need better quality out wide, it's clear for all to see. El Ghazi isn't consistent enough, if he were consistent it wouldn't be so obvious that we need more in his position.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Not at all, we need better quality out wide, it's clear for all to see. El Ghazi isn't consistent enough, if he were consistent it wouldn't be so obvious that we need more in his position.

My point was that we need help everywhere ... again.

16 hours ago, brummybloke said:

He clearly doesnt get on with wes 

He has looked like he wants that chance to play up front and gets frustrated that he thinks he can do better than wes ( again, to be fare....)

So you read all that from a bad performance by him? 

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Of course but we need to start with where we're most lacking and out wide is a priority position.

I do't fully agree, but it may be a position where Dean is willing to try to improve on Jan.

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

But he's a £10 million midfielder, as is Trezeguet. They're not going to be consistent, they're not even going to be good half the time. Jota a £5mil midfielder etc. £5-10mil nowadays is the £2-3mil of 5 years ago. They're just Berson, Holman etc standard.

People around me yesterday yelling at Hause because he was being given the run around by Long and Ings. He's a £3million defender. Theres a reason he was valued at that price. 

I'm not sure what the solution is, but it's clear to see that we dont have any quality in depth. The likes of West Ham, Newcastle, Everton, Brighton etc have been able to build up the quality over multiple years of premier league football.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

So you read all that from a bad performance by him? 

No I read it from the last 10 plus games, just like 1 bad performance doesnt make a bad player, 13 out of 17 bad performances however, does.

I don't know anyone who would be happy having to do all the running, tackling blocking, chasing and one person stands there lazily walking through games.

21 hours ago, turvontour said:

But he's a £10 million midfielder, as is Trezeguet. They're not going to be consistent, they're not even going to be good half the time. Jota a £5mil midfielder etc. £5-10mil nowadays is the £2-3mil of 5 years ago. They're just Berson, Holman etc standard.

People around me yesterday yelling at Hause because he was being given the run around by Long and Ings. He's a £3million defender. Theres a reason he was valued at that price. 

I'm not sure what the solution is, but it's clear to see that we dont have any quality in depth. The likes of West Ham, Newcastle, Everton, Brighton etc have been able to build up the quality over multiple years of premier league football.

You hint at the solution in your post. We just need better quality out there.

He was fairly average for the most part of last season when we were in the championship. He'll have a good game 1 in 4. The others he won't look to get involved.
I'm not sure what anyone was expecting really. I didn't think he'd make the step up and he hasn't. A couple of goals have masked an otherwise poor season on the whole so far. 

Our recruitment team needed to buy a decent central midfielder, two decent wingers and a striker in the summer and it looks as though they got every one badly wrong. 

Only Grealish will save us now. No pressure. 

Edited by Delphinho123

This time last year I was disappointed in his performances as I am now. To his credit he did play well in the run in and play offs. At his best he is direct wide player who can take players away from marking Grealish.

This season despite his stats record not being terrible I've been underwhelmed by many of his performances. This isn't some guy we've plucked from a minor league, he played for Ajax in the CL so needs to pull his socks up imo and show some more personality on the pitch. Also show a bit more bottle defending corners as that was a joke on Saturday and cost us a goal.

• Like 1

He is a very good attacking player, but absolutely shocking defensively (especially in terms of defensive positioning). It's no big surprise his performances drop when we have a bad patch and are played off the park. 

I know people on here don't rate Trez, but I think it would be smart to rotate him and Ghazi in certain matches where we expect to get outplayed and have less possession. Maybe not from the start, but at least as a sub far earlier than what we're used to. 

• Like 1

Â