Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

On 06/12/2019 at 11:07, AVTuco said:

Could we play with Anwar and Trez, and leave Wes on the bench?

There's an idea.

Take out a bad player. Put in a better player. You never know, maybe we'll see an improvement. It's a bit far fetched i know, but let's at least try.

On 06/12/2019 at 10:07, AVTuco said:

Could we play with Anwar and Trez, and leave Wes on the bench?

Absolutely what needs to be done IMO. El Ghazi up front as he's got height, pace and a finish in him, although not today. 

At least Gazi is getting in area's and having a pop. 2 decent chances. Abraham needed a dozen chances to score 1 last season.

Gazi as centre forward is a very interesting concept. The raw materials are there, build, speed, mobility, control, ariel ability The only issue would be his bravery. Could he handle the ammount of whacks he'd get off centre halves,  and the verbals. he didn't like mings reprimand earlier on in the season

40 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Don't think his miss was his fault. He should have done better but he obviously though mcginn was going to finish it. 

The fact that he thought Mcginn was gonna finish it still shouldn't excuse him missing the sitter. The ball came at to him rather slow and on the ground. He definitely had time to adjust for the finish, which he did do, but ended up somehow hitting the crossbar from the edge of the 6 yard box. Like, it was probably harder for him to not hit the target.

Definitely still his fault mostly, shouldn't brush it under the rug. Still, it happens once in a while for most forwards so I'm not too fussed unless he starts missing sitters left and right for us

Edited by Laughable Chimp

1 hour ago, screwdriver said:

At least Gazi is getting in area's and having a pop. 2 decent chances. Abraham needed a dozen chances to score 1 last season.

Gazi as centre forward is a very interesting concept. The raw materials are there, build, speed, mobility, control, ariel ability The only issue would be his bravery. Could he handle the ammount of whacks he'd get off centre halves,  and the verbals. he didn't like mings reprimand earlier on in the season

Really can't see it happening.

In the Grealish three month injury spell last year I was wanting him tried out in number 10 position given some of the strengths you say but it never happened, think DS sees him purely as a wide player.

Something we could've tried out in the league cup.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

Absolutely gutless first half. Disgraceful body language, no willingness to close down and zero threat on the ball. 

... and that’s not even mentioning his “defending” for that corner!

Yup. Very disappointing from him today. 

Poor poor game today. He clearly doesnt get on with wes and has zero faith in him ( to be fare.....)

He has looked like he wants that chance to play up front and gets frustrated that he thinks he can do better than wes ( again, to be fare....)

He needs playing on the left or anymore of these type games, dropping if he isnt going to get a chance up front.

Oh and FFS try heading the ball rather than coward turning like a lot of our players have been doing recently.

You can absolutely do one with that attitude Anwar. Don't know who you think you are, but you certainly aren't good enough for those effort levels.

Cost us us the second because he didn't fancy it. Trez, who is rubbish would have challenged for that header. Might have lost it, don't know, he'd have bloody tried.

Interesting comment above saying he doesn't get on with Wes. It's been obvious for about 6 weeks most of the team have had it with him. I'm not having anyone strop around like that though, disgusting behaviour.

3 hours ago, Robbie09 said:

Benramha is a massive upgrade on both AEG and Trezequet.

I really want Benrahma, I just don't think Brentford would sell him. They're in playoffs places, chasing automatic promotion. We're not in a good position to pay what they want for him now.

I'd say Jarrod Bowen for now could do for us. If we stayed up we could go for Benrahma then.

Â