Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

4 assists and 3 goals in 13 games is a lot. How will we replace that?

AEG might be as big of a loss as Jack

If you add to that the fact that he hasn’t started atleast 4 of that games. Would be even better as a stat.

48 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

4 assists and 3 goals in 13 games is a lot. How will we replace that?

AEG might be as big of a loss as Jack

As I said in the wesley thread our 3 attacking outlets are grealish, mcginn and Anwar. If we are missing one we are missing a lot of end product especially if one isn't firing like mcginn lately. Hopefully the injury won't knock his confidence which must be huge after the last few games. Anwars potential is huge and by the end of the year could have 10 goals and assists, and played himself into contention for team of the season.

Only really needs 3 things now, defensive mouse, consistency and being able to beat players without pace. Needs to learn from Jack. 

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Trez scored, hit the crossbar and won us corners and possession and despite what you're sayin DID beat Williams. 

I don't really care if you don't rate Trez, but you picked a weird time to get negative. 

And served Grealish a goal on a plate. Still think AEG is better, but Trez is IMO a bit underrated here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pelle said:

And served Grealish a goal on a plate. Still think AEG is better, but Trez is IMO a bit underrated here.

That was a deflected shot to be fair lol

Trez is underrated, he's not as crap as you'd think judging from the comments here. But he hasn't got a patch on Anwar.

• Like 2

Been critical of AEG at times this season (don't think his general performances have been up to last year but no denying his stats are excellent for this level) but he had a storming start to the game on Sunday. Was bang up for it and was easily going past Williams. I agree we could've easily got another goal in first half if he hadn't got injured.

Not sure he'll make Chelsea but hopefully back for Leicester.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

That was a deflected shot to be fair lol

Trez is underrated, he's not as crap as you'd think judging from the comments here. But he hasn't got a patch on Anwar.

Was it? I thought he just put it through. Looked like it, but I take your word for it. :) 

And no, he hasn't. At least of late. AEG has really stepped up his game the last few games while Trez is getting there much slower. I hope and think that next season they both will run up and down the wings for us creating lots of chances and goals. As for now it's just one of them, and that's AEG. I hope he's back soon.

12 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Trez scored, hit the crossbar and won us corners and possession and despite what you're sayin DID beat Williams. 

I don't really care if you don't rate Trez, but you picked a weird time to get negative. 

All true, and I agree with you on Trez doing a pretty decent job when he came on. But AEG seemed to be causing them serious problems while he was on the pitch, and I think he would have done some damage had he not got injured.

5 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Bit of a weird comparison. Anwar has eased into the game over a season in the championship. Lets judge Trez in 12 months, amd even then it's not comperable, as Anwar got a lot of football to get used to the English game. 

Well, not that weird, really. I agree that it's too early to judge Trez now and he might be as good as AEG a year from now, but when it comes to who should start games we have to compare how they are doing now, not how they might be doing a year from now.

3 minutes ago, joshharris12 said:

Out tomorrow back for Sunday according to dean smith big loss been fantastic 

Yep - scan came back showing no damage to the knee, so they reckon he just jarred it a bit as he landed. Nothing serious to worry about. Great news!

Â