Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

Ronaldo-type performance Monday. He's a dangerous player at our level, I still wonder if he might be able to go further or if midtable Premier League is it for him?

The talent is so obviously there, the consistency question remains but I am loving seeing him in form. He has improved a little in the air too, his finishing looks sharp and he's still rapid. I'll be surprised if he doesn't score 10-15 this season. Which probably answers the question. 

That wonderful arcing run for the disallowed goal was a lesson in off the ball artistry. 

• Like 3

On 27/11/2019 at 05:11, Dave-R said:

Up until he scored at Newcastle he was sitting on 3 missed of 3 sitters.

He's a good finisher otherwise as demonstrated by all his goals he has scored for us, but flaps it usually on the line. Obviously his goal in the playoff final will go down in history, but it did come off his back. 

• Like 3

On 21/08/2018 at 11:47, Villan4Life said:

Thoughts? would love this to happen very good player

I was right about AEG when  i said this on original on page 1!!

He always impressed me at Ajax & Lille as had seen him play for both many times!!!  and i knew he would excel over here, thing is he is currently  getting better & better and has a good all round attitude too!! 

Can't believe so many posters on this forum.... think Trez is better than AEG. :D

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 3

Aside from Jack he has the most potential of all our players. If he can put it all together he could become a slightly worse Ronaldo who passes the ball and gets assists. I wouldn't be surprised if next season he finishes with 15 and 15 and is sold for 100+ million. I honestly think he has that much potential. 8 mil for him was crazy cheap and we absolutely robbed lille their. I suspect he will be on bargain lists at the end of the season. 

He's shown glimpses of real talent, got heaps of potential. And he scaplula'd us up into the PL so he'll always be looked upon with affection and gratitude.

But he really needs to find some mean and harden the **** up sometimes. He's a big, strapping lad who's **** rapid but he's got to find his beast mode to get to the next level.

He's got to go to bed tonight as his usual Jar Jar Binks-like self and wake up as Zlatanaldo. Full of running, piss taking, fire and vinegar.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

I was right about AEG when  i said this on original on page 1!!

He always impressed me at Ajax & Lille as had seen him play for both many times!!!  and i knew he would excel over here, thing is he is currently  getting better & better and has a good all round attitude too!! 

Can't believe so many posters on this forum.... think Trez is better than AEG. :D

Yep, absolute joke, Trezeguet has his use, will put in a better defensive shift than AEG, but in terms of quality on the ball it's like night and day, AEG far superior, plus AEG is a lot more intelligent going forward, great at finding space in the box. I actually think Wesley would be well advised to try and learn this from AEG.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yep, absolute joke, Trezeguet has his use, will put in a better defensive shift than AEG, but in terms of quality on the ball it's like night and day, AEG far superior, plus AEG is a lot more intelligent going forward, great at finding space in the box. I actually think Wesley would be well advised to try and learn this from AEG.

If El Ghazi had work ethic, he’d be at a Champions League club

47 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

If El Ghazi had work ethic, he’d be at a Champions League club

I actually think he has it cause chases well offensively, but he doesn't understand defensive duties at all. It's like he switches off. He's like an attacking inverted Neil Taylor. 

And he's attitude when told off for his obvious errors is rather unwanted at this level. 

But I like that he has a knack of scoring goals. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I actually think he has it cause chases well offensively, but he doesn't understand defensive duties at all. It's like he switches off. He's like an attacking inverted Neil Taylor. 

And he's attitude when told off for his obvious errors is rather unwanted at this level. 

Going forward, he’s a dream, he has handled the step up to The Prem very well I think. You can see why he’s played in the Champions League for Ajax and for Holland also

16 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Going forward, he’s a dream, he has handled the step up to The Prem very well I think. You can see why he’s played in the Champions League for Ajax and for Holland also

Yep definitely. Agree he has to shape up defensively if he wants to push on. 

I don't think he does it on purpose, I just think he doesn't get it. Yet. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I agree with the rest of your post, but don't you think the argument with Mings helped him? So in that sense I'm glad it happened. 

As for his attitude, didn't Grealish say he has been on great form in training too?

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

51 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Yep definitely. Agree he has to shape up defensively if he wants to push on. 

I don't think he does it on purpose, I just think he doesn't get it. Yet. 

I think you are correct, the potential with him is huge I think, Smith will get the best out of him, it might just take time. El Ghazi has done very well so far this season though in my opinion 

Â