Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

Something strange with him. He's the most player that I get afraid when he gets possession. Yet he's the most one that could get a goal somehow.

When he past by players he's dangerous, but doing that it's more riskier from him than any other player.

On 10/11/2019 at 16:29, wazzap24 said:

I think he *could* be capable of playing through the middle as well. He’s got the attributes and can finish. 

He’s a bit of a liability playing wide in a 3, he doesn’t track back well enough and doesn’t do enough going forward to make up for it either. 

Just like to bring this post up. He played as an inside forward last night, and get into central areas more often than not. It seemed to suit him. 

11 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Surely it's only a matter of time before he gets a call up to the Netherlands squad again given how he's taken to the PL, particularly when Ryan Babel's still getting a look in. If he keeps scoring and assisting I'm sure they'll have a look at him in the next round of friendlies. 

Shouldn't be far off being a starter in the Holland squad let alone being called up!

• Like 1

Could easily see him getting double figures by the end of the season. Might also be an option to consider him up front at times as some people have suggested, particularly as Wesley continues to struggle for goals. He's got the pace to get in behind defenders and is relatively strong for a winger too. 

2 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Could easily see him getting double figures by the end of the season. Might also be an option to consider him up front at times as some people have suggested, particularly as Wesley continues to struggle for goals. He's got the pace to get in behind defenders and is relatively strong for a winger too. 

Said it a few weeks back. I don't think we will have to rely on a 10-15 goals a season striker to stay up.

In this system goals will come from everywhere.

Edited by villalad21

15 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Said it a few weeks back. I don't think we will have to rely on a 10-15 goals a season striker to stay up.

In this system goals will come from everywhere.

I agree, we have a lot of goals in midfield. It will be interesting to see if DS changes anything if Wesley continues to struggle in front of goal, Kodjia certainly ain't the answer at this level and while I like Davis I trust him in front of goal even less than I do Wesley. AEG could be a temporary solution up to January if he can adapt to that position given he has good movement and can finish. 

On 10/11/2019 at 16:29, wazzap24 said:

I think he *could* be capable of playing through the middle as well. He’s got the attributes and can finish. 

He’s a bit of a liability playing wide in a 3, he doesn’t track back well enough and doesn’t do enough going forward to make up for it either. 

OK your post is stupid. Yes he could be a striker and would probably be quite good at it (has 2 goals and 3 assist in 7 games).

However el ghazi has made great strides defensively lately against Newcastle maximin had 2 players on him at all times except for when Newcastle were countering. On top of that he got a goal and has got 3 goals and 3 assists in 12 games. On top if that mcginn and grealish could have easily played him in 3 or 4 times but waited too long and the chance passed. The reason we should have had 5 or 6 goals is because el ghazi should have had 4 if mcginn and grealish played him in. 

I'm a bit worried a big club will swoop in and buy him in the summer as he will probably finish with 8+ goals and assists and is still young. He contributes so much to our goals that it is unbelievable that some people say he doesn't offer enough going forward. 

4 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

OK your post is stupid. Yes he could be a striker and would probably be quite good at it (has 2 goals and 3 assist in 7 games).

However el ghazi has made great strides defensively lately against Newcastle maximin had 2 players on him at all times except for when Newcastle were countering. On top of that he got a goal and has got 3 goals and 3 assists in 12 games. On top if that mcginn and grealish could have easily played him in 3 or 4 times but waited too long and the chance passed. The reason we should have had 5 or 6 goals is because el ghazi should have had 4 if mcginn and grealish played him in. 

So you agree with me that he could be a striker and would probably be quite good at it? 

Nice one 👍

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I was saying your criticism of him didn't make any sense.

I said he could play through the middle. You agreed. I agree with your agreement. 

If you want to debate my criticism of his defensive work (which was much improved last night BTW) and wide play, then tell me why.

You don’t need to start your post with ‘ok your post is stupid’ - it’s not Twitter.  

• Like 2

Â