Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

23 hours ago, vreitti said:

Luxury player, and we don't need another of those.

I think every team needs a luxury player. El Ghazi is an x factor. Sincce Grealish has been out, he has created the most chances for us. Would you rather have Green and Adomah on the wings? 

11 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I think every team needs a luxury player. El Ghazi is an x factor. Sincce Grealish has been out, he has created the most chances for us. Would you rather have Green and Adomah on the wings? 

I wouldn't exactly write off Green just yet, but I'm not overly impressed either. Adomah on the other hand is more or less useless, and El Ghazi isn't far off. 

9 minutes ago, vreitti said:

I wouldn't exactly write off Green just yet, but I'm not overly impressed either. Adomah on the other hand is more or less useless, and El Ghazi isn't far off. 

Not writing green off at all. Green is young and has talent, but we need someone like El Ghazi who can create chances. Adomah has been poor all season, and Kodjia isn't a winger. Green and El Ghazi are okay options. 

• Like 3

I’d take a chance on him if the price was sensible.

He’d be worth a gamble at 2/3m as I think he could become a very decent player.

At the moment though, he’s wildly inconsistent but all our wingers are shocking so he’s probably worth his place. 

Looks much better with Grealish in the side. (But so does everyone).

Is Smith deserves time to turn Aston Villa around as he came in half way through.

El Ghazi deserves time as he came to Villa at the end of the August transfer window with no preseason.  First year in England, let him settle and who knows how he does next season. Supposedly the buy out clause at the end of the loan is £5M. In today's market that's worth taking, he did come out of the Ajax camp who are well known for their youngsters!  

4 minutes ago, Merson08 said:

Is Smith deserves time to turn Aston Villa around as he came in half way through.

El Ghazi deserves time as he came to Villa at the end of the August transfer window with no preseason.  First year in England, let him settle and who knows how he does next season. Supposedly the buy out clause at the end of the loan is £5M. In today's market that's worth taking, he did come out of the Ajax camp who are well known for their youngsters!  

The figures reported when we signed him was a €2m loan fee and €8m to make it permanent.

No idea if those numbers are correct thou. If they are it is a bit steep for what he's showed so far.

We need to continue giving this lad game time, with Green on the other wing. Both are dangerous going forward, all that needs improving now is switching the play a lot quicker to give them a better chance of going at a full back; currently the ball seems to have to go through every player in our back line before it makes it to the other side of the pitch.

Grealish will make a massive difference to El Ghazi's game, drawing players out to him before releasing the ball to El Ghazi in space instead of having Hutton give him the ball at point blank range with three players around him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LondonVillian said:

He is is about as dangerous as a daddy long legs - had one good game against WBA and offered nothing since then only playing as we have no other options. 

Paying 5-8m for him would be a complete waste of money.

Hopefully we can send him back in the summer and forget he ever played for villa  

The bit where he shifted it onto his right and had a crack is where his strength lies.  I think he'd need to be in an attacking, dominant side to be much use as the physical side lets him down, but then that's hardly a surprise to me.  I could see him fitting into a Smith team 12 months down the line but I doubt he will be here.

Bolasie, el-ghazi, adomah, green.

surely all 4 can’t be total shit.

we’re just not getting the ball to the wingers in the right places.

And, no - Hause and Hutton hoofs down the line is not my definition of getting it to the wingers.

1 minute ago, Thug said:

Bolasie, el-ghazi, adomah, green.

surely all 4 can’t be total shit.

we’re just not getting the ball to the wingers in the right places.

You can add Elmo to the list and yes they are all total shit. There might be some hope for green but I'd bin the rest this summer. 

Â