Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

Very disappointing all in all especially considering hes played both at international and champions league level, was expecting big things but the quality and consistency has been almost none existent.

Wouldnt take him permanently for anymore than a couple of £M.

• Like 1

It must be a confidence issue. We've seen he has some talent in his locker but he's barely even trying to beat his man or make anything happen at the minute. He isn't lazy but he's totally ineffective. Unless we can get him firing I don't see how we could justify buying him.

I wouldn't take him at any price.  Need to find better. I've seen plenty of wingers who can cross as badly as him but never seen a winger so reluctant to take a man on or try the cross in the first place. 

1 hour ago, VillaAlex said:

He's just not good enough for me, it may be a confidence thing but he offers next to nothing week after week.

Same, never really got a good feeling from his first few games for whatever reason.

He had that good little spell at start of December and then was awful against Stoke and bar the odd cross done little since.

In an ideal world from our midfield options I'd only keep Grealish and McGinn and get rid of everyone else.

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Same, never really got a good feeling from his first few games for whatever reason.

He had that good little spell at start of December and then was awful against Stoke and bar the odd cross done little since.

In an ideal world from our midfield options I'd only keep Grealish and McGinn and get rid of everyone else.

Its not that we could buy a whole team especially down here. Also we need to have a good squad. I don’t think having an upgrade on El Ghazi or Green would be any cheap. I also think once Grealish is back then El Ghazi will be showing his talent again. 

If you expect him to be a old school winger , go to line & only do crosses, don’t think he’s good enough as he not that fast & weak   ... but if we can convert him to inner half winger that’s cut into center .. in the Firminio/ Willian mold, he could be useful as his close ball control is quite good .. 

• Like 1

I don't think he's good enough, think along with Bolasie they both came in and failed massively.

As sion as we can I'm all for trying to identify a couple of wingers who can do the job and get rid of ghazi.

Seems like Greene stepped up which is great news, that first team football before he got recalled would of done him the world of good.

3 hours ago, Digavilla said:

If you expect him to be a old school winger , go to line & only do crosses, don’t think he’s good enough as he not that fast & weak   ... but if we can convert him to inner half winger that’s cut into center .. in the Firminio/ Willian mold, he could be useful as his close ball control is quite good .. 

It really isn't. The amount of times he takes a heavy touch is crazy especially whilst dribbling. Not even at pace.

4 hours ago, Newry_Villan said:

Lost the ball and chased his man 40-50 yards and dispossessed him, good tracking back .

In that incident you're talking about he looked quick, strong and determined, and to be fair to the lad he has done that a few times when he has lost possession but we just don't see it when he is going forward. 

If we could get him as a couple of million pound punt I'd be ok with signing him, but if the reported £8m clause is correct I wouldn't even be considering it. 

7 hours ago, Digavilla said:

I'm surprised we haven't tried him in number 10 position in Jack's absence. He is decent technically and has a good shot once he finds space so surprised Smith hasn't given him a few games in that area of the pitch.

• Like 2

Yesterday, pretty much every attack consisted of him charging down the wing with the ball and as soon as he got near the penalty area he either just slowed down or came to a complete standstill, not bothering to try and even put a cross in but instead just passing it backwards to someone. I really want him to do well but the last few games he's really regressed. 

Â