Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

8 hours ago, bobzy said:

I don’t know if he’d be quick enough mentally, but could he do a job as the “Grealish” that we’re missing right now? His work rate generally seems decent and he’s obviously skilful... plus we have a whole host of players that can play out wide. 

I think he could but we’d have to give him next to no defensive responsibility, I think he has the ability no doubt

Echo most of the above really. His lack of consistency is frustrating, but that'll disappear with more game time I think. He works hard, he's clever, strong, tricky and has the potential to be a top player at this level. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bobzy said:

I don’t know if he’d be quick enough mentally, but could he do a job as the “Grealish” that we’re missing right now? His work rate generally seems decent and he’s obviously skilful... plus we have a whole host of players that can play out wide. 

That's a great shout. 

Our best wide man at the moment.

Yes there is an option to buy for anyone wondering.

Pretty confident he scored one in three for Ajax.

Could have a very impressive player on our hands.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Our best wide man at the moment.

Yes there is an option to buy for anyone wondering.

Pretty confident he scored one in three for Ajax.

Could have a very impressive player on our hands.

He’s definitely a talent just needs to keep improving his decision making and all round game. Easy to overlook how young he is though.

edit: also a good example of the talent available abroad which is probably the fraction of the price of a British based equivalent.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

I really hope we have an option to buy him. 

It was reported at the time we signed him that we do have an option to sign him at the end of the season. It might depend on us being promoted thought due to FFP.

59 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I have to say, I think that was the single worst performance I've seen from a Villa player since Lescott and Bacuna against Southampton in our relegation season. 

I thought he was our best player in the first half - our only real threat of anything happening. 

I could pick out a few worse than him today and one that was a whole different level of useless. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I thought he was our best player in the first half - our only real threat of anything happening. 

I could pick out a few worse than him today and one that was a whole different level of useless. 

Agreed. 

Attempts to do too much at times but he was still better than adomah, hogan and O'hare.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I just couldn't disagree more. He put one good ball into the box in the first two minutes - a simple pass, but at least he picked out McGinn - and then did absolutely everything wrong for the rest of the game. He was absolute garbage, and I choose my words carefully in saying that. 

Of all the dreadful performances today it amazes me that anyone has taken the time to single out El Ghazi. 

One of the worst performances by a Villa player ever? There were about 6 worse ones out there TODAY. 

Â