Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

After a couple of good performances he's starting to look like he did earlier in the season again in the last few games. I'd leave him out next game.. but there is a player there, needs to get some consistency 

He’s a tricky player and have good techniques on him. We need as much creative players as we can. We’re missing Jack a lot at the moment. Yet we’re still scoring but not creating much. I guess with Grealish he could have less attention towards him from the defence which could give him more space and be more useful.

21 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Harsh pen no different to the one not given for McGinn the refs in this league are shite!

Nah, he jumped into the back of their player and made no contact with the ball. No real attempt to win it either, think he was just trying to put him off but got it all wrong. You have to be goal side to make a challenge.

The McGinn incident was completely different. McGinn went to ground himself trying to slide in to get a touch on the low ball. Not a penalty.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, jim said:

Been very poor in his last 2 appearances. Typical fancy winger who blows hot and cold.

Honestly, I think both El Ghazi and Bolasie have been poor without Grealish in the side.  They need someone else to draw defenders away from them so they can run at a fullback 1:1.  Without Grealish there for the opposition to mark, they just double/triple up on our wingers when they get possession and pressure our fragile back line far up the pitch.  Leeds dominated us by doing this and Swansea did the same today.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Without Grealish there for the opposition to mark, they just double/triple up on our wingers when they get possession and pressure our fragile back line far up the pitch.

Which is why we need a backup player who has similar attributes to Grealish. For me, the only one we have at the club is O'hare, but DS doesn't think he is ready judging by his absence from the squad today. I say put him in there and let's see if he is ready. Teams like leeds, derby and WBA have been blooding youngsters to good effect so why not us?! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Which is why we need a backup player who has similar attributes to Grealish. For me, the only one we have at the club is O'hare, but DS doesn't think he is ready judging by his absence from the squad today. I say put him in there and let's see if he is ready. Teams like leeds, derby and WBA have been blooding youngsters to good effect so why not us?! 

because they are already up the table and mostly have a balanced team that can accommodate blooding players.

we are playing catch up, with an entirely lop sided team with multiple injuries and every point dropped is a major issue for us having any chance to get "there or there abouts" :P

Sure there are other reasons also, but our overall current scenario isnt great i dont think for blooding untried youth, or maybe its actually the ideal time?!?!?!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

because they are already up the table and mostly have a balanced team that can accommodate blooding players.

we are playing catch up, with an entirely lop sided team with multiple injuries and every point dropped is a major issue for us having any chance to get "there or there abouts" :P

Sure there are other reasons also, but our overall current scenario isnt great i dont think for blooding untried youth, or maybe its actually the ideal time?!?!?!

Yep...  If Smith just went "**** it" and wrote off this entire season to blood the youngsters, he'd lose half the supporters.  The last manager we had that did just that was Houllier and most of the fanbase hated him for it, even though most of the players he started playing are all now Premier League/Championship caliber players (Albrighton, Clark, Bannan, Baker, Hogg, Lichaj, Herd, etc.).

5 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Yep...  If Smith just went "**** it" and wrote off this entire season to blood the youngsters, he'd lose half the supporters.  The last manager we had that did just that was Houllier and most of the fanbase hated him for it, even though most of the players he started playing are all now Premier League/Championship caliber players (Albrighton, Clark, Bannan, Baker, Hogg, Lichaj, Herd, etc.).

Yeah, i tend to think Houllier at the time was doing the right stuff, pity it ended like it did.

From what i remember he was trying to get us playing proper football, and i also remember him being very pro Bannan, as i say, pity it ended like it did.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Yeah, i tend to think Houllier at the time was doing the right stuff, pity it ended like it did.

From what i remember he was trying to get us playing proper football, and i also remember him being very pro Bannan, as i say, pity it ended like it did.

Yes, a real pity we didn't build a premier league team round barry bannan. Could have been really special. 

• Haha 1

I don’t know if he’d be quick enough mentally, but could he do a job as the “Grealish” that we’re missing right now? His work rate generally seems decent and he’s obviously skilful... plus we have a whole host of players that can play out wide. 

• Like 1

On 27/12/2018 at 01:18, DCJonah said:

Yes, a real pity we didn't build a premier league team round barry bannan. Could have been really special. 

I'm sure somebody has some heat maps somewhere! 

Edited by LxYoungAVFC

Â