Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

59 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Stoke rattled him early and he was never at the races after that. Poor game. We have options now though, so we can rotate around to keep people on their toes, wanting to improve.

Exactly this. Kodjia looked like he was chomping at the bit to get on tonight. 

Maybe this is the reason we have him - moments of brilliance coupled with periods of mediocracy ? Should he be able to add consistency to his game - he probably wouldn't be with us for long.

For now - I'm happy to have him along for the ride.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dave J said:

Maybe this is the reason we have him - moments of brilliance coupled with periods of mediocracy ? Should he be able to add consistency to his game - he probably wouldn't be with us for long.

For now - I'm happy to have him along for the ride.

Exactly this. We are where we are. If he would consistently producing the goods the he’d be a a club at a higher level that we currently are.

The whole team wasn’t playing as good as they’ve been, guess it was Jack’s effect. I also think that Stoke played a good defensive game.

I’m not too worried about Anwar, although he seem a very confidence player. I’m more worried about who can play instead of Jack while he’s out. Hopefully he’s back next week.

If there other threat from the midfield, wingers could have some freedom, but if the other team doubled on our threats which are wingers things gets complicated.

He missed Grealish last night, Stoke doubled up on El Ghazi out wide and it limited his ability to beat the full back. Grealish takes so many players out of the game through the middle before pushing the ball out to Bolasie or El Ghazi leaving them in a one on one situation.

I'm sure he will be back to his best against Leeds if Jack is back, but Kodjia now has a big shout. Great problem to have for Smith.

Edited by wilko154

9 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Was this the same player who destroyed Albion

Did this player destroy Albion? He scored a deflected goal and smashed one in from distance. He hasn’t shown much in many games for me. The fact that none of our wingers have particularly good end product will mean he’ll still get some minutes but he’s yet to show me he’s anything other than our fourth choice winger when Adomah is back to full fitness. 

Just now, Dave J said:

Potential?  - without question yes, just how much we get to see in this division is debatable. 

Why do you say that? In terms of natural ability, he’s up there with the best in the league for me, God knows why Bruce kept leaving him on the bench

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why do you say that? In terms of natural ability, he’s up there with the best in the league for me, God knows why Bruce kept leaving him on the bench

I totally agree - he has bags of ability but how many inconsistent wingers can you say this about?

I fear he is also in this catagory tbh with you.

2 minutes ago, Dave J said:

I totally agree - he has bags of ability but how many inconsistent wingers can you say this about?

I fear he is also in this catagory tbh with you.

I don’t think we’ve seen enough of him, Bruce kept him on the bench for months, maybe his atttitide in training isn’t the best, I don’t know. For me, his unpredictability and ability to produce something from nothing is fantastic, he’s exciting to watch

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don’t think we’ve seen enough of him, Bruce kept him on the bench for months, maybe his atttitide in training isn’t the best, I don’t know. For me, his unpredictability and ability to produce something from nothing is fantastic, he’s exciting to watch

Agreed - I'm happy to go with you and hope for the best 👍🏻

Â