Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

22 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Great to see El Ghazi slamming his critics. :thumb:

Add me to that list. I had very little hope for the kid after his first couple of performances. 

Happy to be proved wrong. 

26 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-anwar-el-dutch-15527602

Interesting little article.

He has been very impressive both going forward nd tracking back since he got his run in the last few games.

He was awful coming on against Norwich but I'm glad he took the manager's advice on board and did the necessary

• Like 2

On 08/12/2018 at 20:03, villalad21 said:

He is way too good for championship. Would be foolish of him to sign on a permanent basis in January when we might not be promoted.

He should wait till summer time before making a decision.

I don’t think he has done anywhere near enough to suggest he is way to good for the championship. 

But I get him not signing for us until he knows what league we are in next summer. 

• Like 1

On 09/12/2018 at 23:36, Kiwivillan said:

He was awful coming on against Norwich but I'm glad he took the manager's advice on board and did the necessary

Sort of, but he did put in an absolutely fantastic ball that Hogan made a shit attempt to get to. Point being, he's always for my mind shown real quality at this level, now he has the right fitness and attitude to go with it.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

Realistic or not our aim should be to have whole squad full of players too good for the Championship and with that ourselves be too good for the Championship.

Our issue has been having a squad full of players (and manager)  suited for the Championship while at the same time paying PL fees and wages to them.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

He's perfect for us. We're too good for The Championship too.

To be fair the proof is in the pudding, for the last 2.5 seasons we haven't been too good for the championship, hence the reason we are still here.

But here's to the future and the hope we can be too good for the championship in the near future.

• Like 1

Keep hearing Anwars name cropping up to take Jack's player for Saturday. We essentially play with two number 8s. 

Just as soon as he is getting some form playing in his natural position on the wing people want him in the middle of the pitch, tackling, spreading and dictating play. 

Get Whelan or O'Hare in and keep him out wide causing problems

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Keep hearing Anwars name cropping up to take Jack's player for Saturday. We essentially play with two number 8s. 

Just as soon as he is getting some form playing in his natural position on the wing people want him in the middle of the pitch, tackling, spreading and dictating play. 

Get Whelan or O'Hare in and keep him out wide causing problems

Agreed.

El Ghazi is doing great in his current position, just like Bolasie is. Keep em where they are.

Make as little changes as possible to something that works, initially at least.

Grealish is integral so he will be misses, but either Hourihane or O'Hare in his position and keep the same formation.

Â