Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yes

not defending SB, but i get the impression El Ghazi and Bolasie werent remotely fit when SB was here, it seems DS has worked them both hard to get them fit.

Whether SB would have ever played him even when fit, ye....i prob believe he wouldnt even then.......

Confidence is half the battle and this guy obviously backs himself. What s*** hot form he is in.

For me, in what was a very, very disappointing draw to WBA, Anwar was an indisputable highlight.

I do however feel like Carles Gil scored 3 absolutely world class goals for us and yet didn't turn out to be that good for us.

Here's hoping that Anwar's journey is more fruitful for all parties concerned and me even mentioning Gil in relation to Anwar is a slight on Anwar.

Have we got the buy option? If so we bite their hand off, he is a cracking player, real quality.

He has almost the trickery of Bolasie, but he is direct, quick and holds/carries the ball really well, and he is full of goals. I think he will step up to PL level if needed and there looks like there is still more to come. Couple this with consistency and in a settled team and we have a very good player: a £25m player for the proposed €5m price.

12 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Have we got the buy option? If so we bite their hand off, he is a cracking player, real quality.

He has almost the trickery of Bolasie, but he is direct, quick and holds/carries the ball really well, and he is full of goals. I think he will step up to PL level if needed and there looks like there is still more to come. Couple this with consistency and in a settled team and we have a very good player: a £25m player for the proposed €5m price.

Pretty sure it was an initial loan with an option to buy (in our favour).  Was something like a £2M loan fee and then purchase for £5M?  

The player himself reminds me of a young Ronaldo when he first joined United.  Skinny, quick and has a trick or two.   Not saying for one minute he'll follow Ronaldo in his career path, but there are similarities in style etc.  His goal and celebration last night reminded me again of this.   Confidence is obviously high in him at present and Smith deserves a lot of credit for that.  Long may it continue with him and the rest of the squad.     

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Sign him up. What a bloody bargain that would be. Finally a hidden gem from abroad that we have found not these syllas bersons or dawkins

Dawkins was born in London and came from Spurs ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

The player himself reminds me of a young Ronaldo when he first joined United.  Skinny, quick and has a trick or two.   Not saying for one minute he'll follow Ronaldo in his career path, but there are similarities in style etc.  His goal and celebration last night reminded me again of this.   Confidence is obviously high in him at present and Smith deserves a lot of credit for that.  Long may it continue with him and the rest of the squad.     

I’ve been saying that comparison since he signed. You can clearly see he models his game on him. 

If he has half the career of Ronaldo, we’ll have some player on our hands.

51 minutes ago, ForfarVillan said:

Further proof that fans writing players off after a single game is ridiculous. We're living in the most reactionary time in history

I’ve always been massive fan of his even at Ajax and it was a good sugning for us. Couldn’t believe the amount of Villa fans writing him off on other forums as they had never heard of him.

Crazy. Potentially he could be the best player in this division by a country mile that’s how good he is.

Edited by Villan4Life

25 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

If he has half the career of Ronaldo, we’ll have some player on our hands.

Would you still say the same if it was 42.4%🤔

Â