Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

I find it amusing how a player can literally offer nothing and leaves us practically like we are playing with 10 men. Yet puts in a few good crosses and all is forgiven. 

Yet Albert is working his socks off for the team and puts in a few poor crosses and gets crucified. 

Fans need to start looking at the players contribution as a whole rather than individual moments. Our problem for two long has been passengers in the team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yep sorry meant our left side. Their right side. 

You knew what I meant. 

You're not really making any sort of argument. What I said is that he demonstrated some good signs of showing his quality and end product in the last 10 minutes of the match, but that he was poor prior to that. Adomah did his usual and put in a shift, but showed no quality going forward at all. 

My conclusion is that he has something to offer and given some time to adjust could be a good player for us. Adomah isn't delivering at all. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

You're not really making any sort of argument. What I said is that he demonstrated some good signs of showing his quality and end product in the last 10 minutes of the match, but that he was poor prior to that. Adomah did his usual and put in a shift, but showed no quality going forward at all. 

My conclusion is that he has something to offer and given some time to adjust could be a good player for us. Adomah isn't delivering at all. 

My argument is he would need to improve massively to offer anywhere near as much as Adomah does and that’s coming from someone that thinks Adomah is a pretty average player.

• Like 1

presumably Mendes is a huge Wolves fan and finds talent for them whilst finding dross for us  :)

I dunno maybe he'll come good but I don't currently see this guy as being anything other than a poor mans Tonev

29 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

presumably Mendes is a huge Wolves fan and finds talent for them whilst finding dross for us  :)

I dunno maybe he'll come good but I don't currently see this guy as being anything other than a poor mans Tonev

He has done a lot more in his Villa career so far than Tonev ever did ;)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I think he's got something about him. Just looks off the pace like many players changing countries do.

He has. I just don’t think we are in a position to play and carry him while he adjusts. If we can get a bit of a form together and stop conceding so many goals. Maybe then we can bring him in. 

Looks off the pace when he first came on against Norwich. Got pushed off the ball several times. Then I feel like it clicked with him slightly that its a physical league. He started using his body better and did a nice little turn. Needs more time which people don't want to give unfortunately. 

22 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I think he's got something about him. Just looks off the pace like many players changing countries do.

This. Definitely a talented player but it's a new league, a new country and a new system for him - well, his second system at least, if you could call the first one a system.. I dunno - but it's understandable and I think he'll shine if he is persevered with. 

• Like 1

On 25/10/2018 at 10:34, Vive_La_Villa said:

I find it amusing how a player can literally offer nothing and leaves us practically like we are playing with 10 men. Yet puts in a few good crosses and all is forgiven. 

Yet Albert is working his socks off for the team and puts in a few poor crosses and gets crucified. 

Fans need to start looking at the players contribution as a whole rather than individual moments. Our problem for two long has been passengers in the team. 

This is a totally bizarre interpretation. People are simply pointing to 3 very good passages of play that provide some evidence that he has something to offer and has some talent about him. No one is denying that he was poor up until the last ten minutes. 

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

This is a totally bizarre interpretation. People are simply pointing to 3 very good passages of play that provide some evidence that he has something to offer and has some talent about him. No one is denying that he was poor up until the last ten minutes. 

Mate he wasn’t just poor he was a hindrance. 

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Totally missing the point but whatever. 

I get the point. He showed glimpses. My point was it’s unfair on albert that he gets no credit for everything he does yet this guy could be a talent because he put one good cross in. 

He might have ability. His attitude stinks.

Â