Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

Thoughts? would love this to happen very good player

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-el-ghazi-15054788

Aston Villa and Leeds United are reportedly going head-to-head for a winger managed by Portuguese super-agent Jorge Mendes.

Netherlands international Anwar El Ghazi has been made available for transfer by cash-strapped French club Lille and they want €5million for him according to reputable newspaper L’Equipe.

It’s also reported that French sides Rennes and Saint-Etienne have made approaches for the wideman.

It was recently revealed that Mendes, who also assists Wolves in transfer dealings, would be lending an ear to Villa’s new owners Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens.

Mendes has already helped Villa secure a loan deal for Portuguese goalkeeper Andre Moreira from Atletico Madrid and El Ghazi is the latest player the Gestifute chief is said to have put forward to the claret and blues.

However, Villa’s Championship rivals Leeds United are also in the running for El Ghazi.

Mendes is thought to have offered players to Leeds before and knows owner Andrea Radrizzani.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

Never heard of him.

Had a quick google, did pretty well at Lille for Bielsa, was a regular.

Played less after Bielsa left 

Speaks kindly about Bielsa, says he made him fitter and created a "family atmosphere" 

We need a winger, bout time Mendes did us a favour.

Just now, Cjay said:

Never heard of him.

Speaks kindly about Bielsa, says he made him fitter and created a "family atmosphere" 

If this is the case I can't see why he would choose us over Leeds.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Never heard of him.

After that summary I would say he is off to Leeds.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

It’s being reported Bruce wants 2 wingers, so could well be both. 

That be odd considering the lack of strikers we have.

If he signs two adomah wont be gettin much game time

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

That be odd considering the lack of strikers we have.

If he signs two adomah wont be gettin much game time

dont think he has ever really liked adomah. Didnt play him at the start of last season and put him back into the team after an injury if i can remember right. That along with the fact we arent offering him a new contract suggests he might be off. Weren't borough interested? Also Hogan looking likely to leave for Shef United. Very weak upfront, then again hogan spends 70% of the season out injured anyway. 

From what I've seen of him looks a decent player, good with both feet and is a decent size for a quick winger. BHam mail saying we more looking most likely to sign him. If nothing else he is another option in an area we are desperately short. 

31 minutes ago, 8pints said:

That's all well and good but is he a baller though?

Unless we see a text proclaiming him as a baller. I'm out!

• Haha 2

Â