Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

4 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Please there are probably 10 men in the league who can beat multiple players on a consistent basis. Mahrez, sterling, Salah, Mane, firminho, Zaha, traore, saint-maximan, Jack, Maddison, auba. You could maybe add someone like aguero to that list or son but it is definitely less than 20 and you are expecting a winger for a relegation said to have to be able to do that? No el ghazi beats his man about 50% of the time which is good enough for a prem player but he can't beat the 2nd or 3rd player surrounding him due to our lack of movement.

It is embarrassing as a villa fan to have people who slate a player so badly when he has done his best for us. Yes he struggles with consistency but so does everyone but the best players. You act like he doesn't work hard but he seems to track back as much as trez yet you all laud him. How many times last season did trez or mcginn not track the runner into the box from the wing last season to put us level or behind was it 5 or 10 times? It can't have been any less. So either keep uniform standards between players or admit you are being biased and blaming a perfectly average Premier league player. 

Why is it embarrassing for you as a Villa fan having to take on peoples different views of a player you dont agree with.

Let's put it like this, there may be some truths to what you say, there maybe truth to what I or others say but because your right doesnt mean everyone else is wrong, that's the embarrassment I'm afraid.

I dont slate our players often, I see no real reason for it, but Ghazi did get my attention and for very specific reason which I've already said.

I dont care about your a b c to the mother F'in G stats I'm afraid, what speaks to most of us fans is the play on the field and what we see with our eyes with our players. I am not the only one who has stressed about Ghazi, he has had his chance last season and fluffed it many a time now. He has to crawl through the mud like G.I. bloody Jane to get himself after the first eleven and so he should have to after last seasons performances.

I cant tell you how much Ghazi has slipped down the order, god because there are god knows how many of them I reckon at the moment hed be all good for a starwars role.

I dont know any club thats going to come in for Ghazi and if they did at this moment in time we would be getting the deal of the window and that's saying we take losses on what we paid for him.

It's not just that he doesnt score when direct in front of the keeper and hits it direct at him, his attitude sucks on pitch with players. He also doesnt beat his man half the time, hes not always taking his man on and beating them, sometimes he can be as bad as trez for it.

You make him out to be this perfect winger and most have woken up to the fact hes not, I'd play him in the championship, however wouldnt in the premier I'm afraid.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Was that the one where he was on the floor for about ten mins and Mings ran over to tell him to get the F*ck up your wasting time while we have the advantage 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I hope for one Ghazi is not near the first team unless he improves alot more.

It's not like Mean Machine in prison with Vinnie Jones where Deano is rating his players 1 out of 10, Ghazi has to prove himself to be near the first team.

Edited by Dave-R

12 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I do feel like Ghazi isnt far away from losing his place to some Youngster, it's coming soon because theres so many Youth waiting for the chance.

Edited by Dave-R

12 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Why is it embarrassing for you as a Villa fan having to take on peoples different views of a player you dont agree with.

Let's put it like this, there may be some truths to what you say, there maybe truth to what I or others say but because your right doesnt mean everyone else is wrong, that's the embarrassment I'm afraid.

I dont slate our players often, I see no real reason for it, but Ghazi did get my attention and for very specific reason which I've already said.

I dont care about your a b c to the mother F'in G stats I'm afraid, what speaks to most of us fans is the play on the field and what we see with our eyes with our players. I am not the only one who has stressed about Ghazi, he has had his chance last season and fluffed it many a time now. He has to crawl through the mud like G.I. bloody Jane to get himself after the first eleven and so he should have to after last seasons performances.

I cant tell you how much Ghazi has slipped down the order, god because there are god knows how many of them I reckon at the moment hed be all good for a starwars role.

I dont know any club thats going to come in for Ghazi and if they did at this moment in time we would be getting the deal of the window and that's saying we take losses on what we paid for him.

It's not just that he doesnt score when direct in front of the keeper and hits it direct at him, his attitude sucks on pitch with players. He also doesnt beat his man half the time, hes not always taking his man on and beating them, sometimes he can be as bad as trez for it.

You make him out to be this perfect winger and most have woken up to the fact hes not, I'd play him in the championship, however wouldnt in the premier I'm afraid.

I don't think he is the perfect winger, he is merely a capable one for this league.

It also doesn't matter whether I'm right or not because what expressing an opinion isn't embarrassing. What is embarrassing is the repeated attacks on his character and dedication to the club. It is quite disgusting some of the attacks on players on here get. El ghazi especially but you also see it with players like Taylor.

You talk about watching us on the pitch but when we weren't playing hourihane aside from Jack he was the only player who created any chances. I've watched games where targett shat himself every time the ball came to him and hoofed it clear which is worse than what Taylor does and everyone lauded him for a great attacking performance. The eye test does not mean anything football because different people emphasise different things in terms of what they think is important.

And you talking about not slating our players often.

Edited by blandy
off topic text removed

6 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Sarr and Zaha aren't exactly high return players either though. Honestly those 2 might've been the most overrated player in the PL when you consider their actual stats last season. The comparisons to Zaha in particularly were already being made last season to show that El Ghazi was in fact better than people were giving him credit for, when in fact it should've been taken the other way. Its not that El Ghazi was good, its that Zaha (at least in terms of goals and assists output) was shit.

Secondly, I've seen you use xG stats before I believe, correct me if I'm wrong. But if so, I think you know very well that the claim that he should've had about 10 assists if our strikers could finish is demonstrably false, at least according to xA statistics which attempt to measure the expected assists a player would get if the person who ended up in the final shot had average finishing ability.

https://understat.com/player/5612

Understat shows that it should've been 2.88 instead of the 4 he actually got. Meaning the chances he created were actually worse than what his assist talley suggests, its just they were finished very well. Literally the opposite of what you suggested. 

Lastly, I don't think he's easily worth 12-13 million, but this is a lot more subjective. Personally, I'd put it somewhere around 8-10 million.

That 1 assist discrepancy is Jack's worldie against United. I'd give that to him though because he completely skinned Williams over like 20 yards before putting in the cross. Got injured for his troubles too.

11 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

I don't think he is the perfect winger, he is merely a capable one for this league.

It also doesn't matter whether I'm right or not because what expressing an opinion isn't embarrassing. What is embarrassing is the repeated attacks on his character and dedication to the club. It is quite disgusting some of the attacks on players on here get. El ghazi especially but you also see it with players like Taylor.

You talk about watching us on the pitch but when we weren't playing hourihane aside from Jack he was the only player who created any chances. I've watched games where targett shat himself every time the ball came to him and hoofed it clear which is worse than what Taylor does and everyone lauded him for a great attacking performance. The eye test does not mean anything football because different people emphasise different things in terms of what they think is important.

And you talking about not slating our players often. 

Yes I may say some constructive criticism or justcritism but I always say that I do hope he either comes back from it or proves me wrong as do I any other player who plays like this. There maybe jokes or periods of daftness added along side comments but that's just me.

If I'm to be serious ive given Taylor abit of stick here and there but never been on his case, nor have I on any other Villa player in the history of the club, so why Ghazi, im certainly not breaking a mould here.

No your right, watching does not guarantee each and everyone is right, neither do stats though, I do think its has to be put into considering that a mix of everything has to be taken into account. But when you start putting stats at the side of a persons eyes, they do not guarantee everything is right.

Take this with a pinch on salt please and it probably doesn'ttranslate here on this forum it may for some. I worked a long time as security and worked on the doors as a bouncer or door security if you will, the one thing you learn on the doors or in law that stats do not tell everything. Incidents occur, trouble breaks out but nothing is more important than the eye,remember without the eye these stats cant be taken into account. We learn video evidence is key without it whatever happens is useless, which is where most if not all of us on here are taking in mostly. You do get a fair amount that go extra into the stats, mathematics so on, but still the eye is key to what we see on the pitch. Remember we as fans, critics (we all know we are critics lol) we watch and somewhere it is just important we debate these things, if I have an opinion you have an opposite and us humans are designed like that. I thi k the best way we can criticise our players is by our eye, there will be no more important evidence that that, everything else is an addition. If this was court and you brought a bunch of stats to it alot of cases get thrown out these days as court doesnt take cases without Video Evidence, Ghazi would of just walked free lol, but this is not court 😉

Ghazi was wild in the champ, there perfect winger, he had a brilliant attitude in the championship, none of this Schizer. I dont know what's happened to him, but I've a feeling something somewhere is going on with him. Whatever it is I hope its sorted now and that goal at Bristol city is a restart for the guy, God knows we do need that player and Ghazi we had in the champ but is he there though, many of us didnt see last season, certainly not 15% of the season.

Also please dig up a post of me bashing Wesley, you will not find one I promise you on it. At most it's some tough love words that hope he comes back doing better as I do. I just hope he spends less time on his back than Ghazi did as playing iron man in the picture someone posted on last page, Phil Silvers i think it was,I swear there is a shawarma advert at villa popping up 😅

10 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Yes I may say some constructive criticism or justcritism but I always say that I do hope he either comes back from it or proves me wrong as do I any other player who plays like this. There maybe jokes or periods of daftness added along side comments but that's just me.

If I'm to be serious ive given Taylor abit of stick here and there but never been on his case, nor have I on any other Villa player in the history of the club, so why Ghazi, im certainly not breaking a mould here.

No your right, watching does not guarantee each and everyone is right, neither do stats though, I do think its has to be put into considering that a mix of everything has to be taken into account. But when you start putting stats at the side of a persons eyes, they do not guarantee everything is right.

Take this with a pinch on salt please and it probably doesn'ttranslate here on this forum it may for some. I worked a long time as security and worked on the doors as a bouncer or door security if you will, the one thing you learn on the doors or in law that stats do not tell everything. Incidents occur, trouble breaks out but nothing is more important than the eye,remember without the eye these stats cant be taken into account. We learn video evidence is key without it whatever happens is useless, which is where most if not all of us on here are taking in mostly. You do get a fair amount that go extra into the stats, mathematics so on, but still the eye is key to what we see on the pitch. Remember we as fans, critics (we all know we are critics lol) we watch and somewhere it is just important we debate these things, if I have an opinion you have an opposite and us humans are designed like that. I thi k the best way we can criticise our players is by our eye, there will be no more important evidence that that, everything else is an addition. If this was court and you brought a bunch of stats to it alot of cases get thrown out these days as court doesnt take cases without Video Evidence, Ghazi would of just walked free lol, but this is not court 😉

Ghazi was wild in the champ, there perfect winger, he had a brilliant attitude in the championship, none of this Schizer. I dont know what's happened to him, but I've a feeling something somewhere is going on with him. Whatever it is I hope its sorted now and that goal at Bristol city is a restart for the guy, God knows we do need that player and Ghazi we had in the champ but is he there though, many of us didnt see last season, certainly not 15% of the season.

Also please dig up a post of me bashing Wesley, you will not find one I promise you on it. At most it's some tough love words that hope he comes back doing better as I do. I just hope he spends less time on his back than Ghazi did as playing iron man in the picture someone posted on last page, Phil Silvers i think it was,I swear there is a shawarma advert at villa popping up 😅

I'm sorry if accused you of Wesley if you didn't but there is a reason I dislike your posts. Maybe it is just el ghazi and Taylor but I thought it was another players and just assumed wesley given the unreasonable amount of stick he has also gotten on here. 

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Yes its concerning for him, hes playing against teams like Bristol city, that shows how bad thing have gone for him.

That's not because I'm slating him,  that because in reality Coaching his having a tough decision in what to do with someone who isnt making the most of his job on the field.

Edited by Dave-R

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

I don't understand why people have to spout Vitriol against players that they don't like. He isn't good enough for us end of. No need to insult people.

Completely agree with this. He was decent in the Championship and scored a vital goal in a playoff final.

Has lost form and confidence and people start throwing insults around. Hopefully he can find some form again and contribute if we don’t bring in another winger before the end of the window.

• Like 2

Just now, tom_avfc said:

Completely agree with this. He was decent in the Championship and scored a vital goal in a playoff final.

Has lost form and confidence and people start throwing insults around. Hopefully he can find some form again and contribute if we don’t bring in another winger before the end of the window.

One thing about Smith is he's ruthless. He has been ruthless with Samatta and he will be with Anwar.

This is my biggest gripe too.  Everything he does is magnified beyond all reasonable proportions.  He scored a goal, played a huge part in setting up another, squared another to ramsey that was there for a tap in, but everyone seems to focus on the ‘repeated misses’.

same game ramsey was put clean through and missed. Today Watkins missed an unmarked header from a 3 yd’s out, along with another sitter against Burton, Grealish made some very poor decisions today, and blazed over a chance from a few yards out.

im not for 1 minute suggesting they deserve any criticism.. but I guarantee u had it been AEG for any one of those chances, he’d be getting it in the neck right now.

He’s not putting in the defensive work that we need/expect from him l, and on that basis he’s lost his place to someone who is doing that.

But the criticism here has been way over the top.

Â