Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

43 minutes ago, Graham t said:

Very funny, and yes I do 'get it', but I am right and you are wrong. Sorry but us 'old Un's 'do come from a different generation . We were brought up that to show pain was a weakness and it has stuck with us.....To see people faking injury is just sickening. Sorry it's just the tough upbringing we had, perhaps if our team had a bit more fight we would not be in the position we are.

ATB

VLD.

Ok boomer.

9 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

'Pain is a weakness'

'Ballet dancing is for mentally weak people'

'us old uns come from a different generation'

What the **** is happening to VT lately?

I'm pretty sure that I don't have the strength or commitment to be able to become a ballet dancer. Does this mean I am mentally strong?

27 minutes ago, Graham t said:

Can someone kindly post a picture of Terry Butcher playing for England with a bandage on 'a slight scratch'. Thanks.

Regards, 

VLD.

It doesn't need to be that dramatic.

All that needed to be posted was the Southampton player from the same match, which has already been done.

to be fair to gazi, he has  he has a strong mind in different ways.

the first leg at albion he played during his fast. then the 2nd leg he broke his fast to give everything for the jersey. This should never be forgotten.

I'm sure if Smith had sent a message through the physios ear piece quoting the "holy scriptures" something along the line of "the pain has a devine purpose Anwar....use it as fuel!" Gazi would have jumped up like the gypsy king in fury v wilder V1 and ran the show for the rest of the game.

Mings and Grealish's "get up you pussy" isn't going to cut it. he's not from round here.

It's up to Smith to think of stuff to motivate the players. If you buy players from all over the world different stuff is going to piss them off or motivate them. barking at them like a load of deadarses from chemsley is just going to cause massive resentment.

This thread is weird, seems El Ghazi has taken over from Wesley, Taylor and Hourihane as the scapegoat. 

Last week he took a headbutt to the face and played on

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

This thread is weird, seems El Ghazi has taken over from Wesley, Taylor and Hourihane as the scapegoat.

Gazi was involved in a massive turning point in the game. Mings and Grealish came across to get him to play on. Grealish's was visibly pissed off gesticulating. was he pissed off cos anwar was on the pitch and they wanted to take the corner? why would he be? there was over an hour left. was he pissed off cos he knew gazi wouldn't come back on? likely.

Many people have interpreted Smiths after game comments as directed at Anwar El Gazi. training ground player. coasting etc.

Edited by screwdriver

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Last week he took a headbutt to the face and played on

HUH? How?

No one is claiming he is the reason we were shite or lost.

We are simply commenting on the incident!

51 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

I'm pretty sure that I don't have the strength or commitment to be able to become a ballet dancer. Does this mean I am mentally strong?

You have taken some ot the points I raised out of context.

please re-visit my original post and just give it a bit more thought.....

Regards,

VLD.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/11018990/st-mirren-otoole-knee-dislocation/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=sunfootballfacebook220220&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1582386395

Watch the moment St Mirren Women’s skipper Jane O’Toole thump knee cap back in place after dislocation – and plays on

THIS is the shocking moment St Mirren's Women's captain has to hammer her knee cap back into place after dislocating it.

Saints star Jane O'Toole sustained the horror injury against Inverness on Sunday, February 16.

St Mirren skipper O'Toole hammers her knee with her fist. Credit: Inverness CT

St Mirren skipper O'Toole hammers her knee with her fist. Credit: Inverness CT

However, she amazingly continued to play the remainder of the match after clicking it back in.

The footage was posted by the official Inverness Caley Thistle Youtube channel.

A warning that some viewers may find the vid distressing.

O'Toole rolled over on the ground after a 50/50 challenge with one of the Inverness players near the touchline.

As she goes to get back on her feet, her knee cap visibly pops out of its socket.

Incredibly, the skipper started to thump it with real vigour with his fist as she tried to get it back into place.

After seemingly managing to hammer it back in, the Buddies ace lay on the artificial surface in pain as her team-mates consoled her.

A St Mirren Womens spokesperson said: "Our captain is made of tough stuff.

"Just look at how she dealt with dislocating her knee during our recent game at Inverness.

O'Toole lies in pain after sustaining the horror injury. Credit: Inverness CT

O'Toole lies in pain after sustaining the horror injury. Credit: Inverness CT

"You can't put a good woman down - she got back up and played the full 90 minutes."

And their opponents Caley Thistle were also quick to praise O'Toole.

They posted on social media: "Big respect to Jane O'Toole who continued playing after suffering a dislocated knee cap.

"She proceeded to hammer the knee cap back into place and then returned to the field of play to lead her team through till full time."

The Champions League Cup tie finished 7-0 to Inverness in the Highlands.

Meanwhile, St Mirren's clash against Hearts in the Scottish Premiership tonight has been called off.

The decision to postpone the match came after a pitch inspection at The Simple Digital Arena at 3.30pm.

Paisley has been battered by rain all throughout today leading to the call off of the match which was scheduled to be shown on BT Sport.

It's not exactly a face scratch, but hey.
Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, screwdriver said:

to be fair to gazi, he has  he has a strong mind in different ways.

the first leg at albion he played during his fast. then the 2nd leg he broke his fast to give everything for the jersey. This should never be forgotten.

I'm sure if Smith had sent a message through the physios ear piece quoting the "holy scriptures" something along the line of "the pain has a devine purpose Anwar....use it as fuel!" Gazi would have jumped up like the gypsy king in fury v wilder V1 and ran the show for the rest of the game.

Mings and Grealish's "get up you pussy" isn't going to cut it. he's not from round here.

It's up to Smith to think of stuff to motivate the players. If you buy players from all over the world different stuff is going to piss them off or motivate them. barking at them like a load of deadarses from chemsley is just going to cause massive resentment.

I've seen Smith criticised for some things, but this takes the biscuit. Criticism for not keeping el Ghazi on he pitch. WOW.

I know you're just trying to be funny most of the time, but that's not even close.

**** it, I like Anwar, he's one of my faves. Every single Villa player bottled it yesterday not just him. Therefore they're all massive pussies and weak minded then. 

Sometimes he's good, sometimes he's shit you know yet again just like every single Villa player (except Grealish). Keeps his place for me. 

Edited by Farlz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, sne said:

Deontay Wilder went 6 rounds with a ruptured ear drum. He lost emphatically but still...

Thanks for the spoiler! Wasn't waiting to watch it after work or anything! 

• Haha 1

Â